Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

Hello, I'm up for some new pen pals! I would like to correspond with liberal, open-minded people who are curious and pasionate - I love film, literature, art, some games - not very knowledgeable about sports. I am 44, live in the Netherlands with my wife, her boyfriend, our three children and two cats. Our poly-amourous set-up allows for some more me-time which gives me time to write :) If you'd like to know more or exchange addresses drop me a pm. 

<p>Hors d'oeuvres must be obeyed at all times.</p>

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

my name is mark,

I am 39 years old and love Fell walking, all types of music, playing guitars reading especially crime and also science / Music related non fiction. I also enjoy Mountain Biking and photography especially seascapes and Landscapes.

my current reading is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s The Lost world and Classic rock magazine.if you are interested in corresponding please DM me

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

I am eager to find some new people to correspond with. I'm a 27 year old from the Netherlands, living in a city near Amsterdam. I grew up on a farm, studied history and international relations and now working as a policy advisor. Among my interests are reading (fiction and non-fiction), music, podcasts, chess, fountain pens and stationary. I'm also fond of anything space and astronomy related, spending nights out star gazing with my telescope. If you're interested please PM me.

Thanks @Rokusho, for responding to my request above, I look forward to our correspondence. I think they could be quite interesting.

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

Hello Everybody,

I think I have a post on this thread somewhere towards the beginning. I had found many pen pals through here, but a bout of depression and increased work hours meant I gave up almost all of my hobbies. But now with the help of my wife and family I am getting back to where I used to be. I have been getting back to writing letters, which I used to love doing.

To any of the people who I used to write to, I'm sorry I suddenly stopped writing. I was not in a good place. But I would be happy to resume corresponding again.

If anyone wants to exchange letters with me, I'd be glad to hear from you.

Cheers,

Nathan.

Please call me Nathan. It is a pleasure to meet you.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 4:24 AM, ndw76 said:

Hello Everybody,

I think I have a post on this thread somewhere towards the beginning. I had found many pen pals through here, but a bout of depression and increased work hours meant I gave up almost all of my hobbies. But now with the help of my wife and family I am getting back to where I used to be. I have been getting back to writing letters, which I used to love doing.

To any of the people who I used to write to, I'm sorry I suddenly stopped writing. I was not in a good place. But I would be happy to resume corresponding again.

If anyone wants to exchange letters with me, I'd be glad to hear from you.

Cheers,

Nathan.

Hello Nathan.

We used to write some time ago. I am always happy to reconnect with people, if you want to restart.

Best wishes,

Timothy

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I'm always looking for more penpals in the USA or internationally is fine with me. I recently graduated from college with an Engish degree and spend a lot of time reading books and playing games. Some of my hobbies are collecting stationery, cats, art, drawing, tea, anime/manga, and indie perfume, and nail polishes. Although I don't have any pets I am always interested in talking about cats or any other animals too. 

Most games I have are on PC or switch when I see new games on sale but I do spend time on FFXIV the most nowadays. 

For the FP hobby, I've been with it for over a decade now since I joined FPN and I used to visit the Big Apple Pen club before it moved away. Right now I'm on a break but I still like to talk about pens, inks, papers, and other notebooks as I am always looking for nice paper. Thanks for reading and I look forward to any interested pen pals. 

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

• 2 months later...
On 1/21/2022 at 10:50 AM, jburchett said:

Wow, Smash Mouth was right. The years start coming and they absolutely don't stop coming. (Aging myself there.. ) 

Anyway, an update and repost. 28 now. Live in North Carolina, still in the Appalachians ❤️. Married.

I've also updated my profile. So, if anyone would like to exchange correspondence, feel free to give my profile a look and shoot me a message! 

On 2/4/2021 at 5:52 PM, jburchett said:

Much has changed since my first post. I’m now 27, didn’t become a physical therapist but a librarian instead. Finished undergrad and graduate school. Have many more pens and inks, all across the price spectrum. Engaged to be wed and planning to move soon. However, a lot of my pen pals have fallen off, so I’m open for more if anyone would like to write! 

On 6/2/2015 at 8:15 PM, jburchett said:

Jonathan B. (jburchett)

I'm a 21 year old male and I am currently an undergraduate majoring in Biology, aspiring to become a Physical Therapist. I live in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains of Southwest Virginia. My fountain pen love started close to a year ago. Since then I have aquired close to 40 fountain pens, many cheap with a few mid-range. I'm trying to improve my penmanship and I enjoy writing letters. I enjoy making new acquaintances, so let's be pen pals!

well, last years post didn’t age well… 

Anyway, a few pen pals have stopped writing over time, so I wouldn’t mind one or two more. I turn 30 next month, now reside in NE Tennessee. Feel free to drop me a message if you’d like to correspond. :) 

J. Burchett
"A pen transmits the voice of the soul" - Fennel Hudson
round-letter-exc.png

• 1 month later...

I've recently learned that mail doesn't always reach its intended recipient.  So if any of my pen pals haven't heard from me and would like to, drop me a PM.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm an American living in Germany.

Is there a German version of this.

I'm sure there is but I don't know where to find it in, in I'm not in the German pen coms.

I have helped out a German Lady from my old folks gymnastics class, giving her good to better paper for the first time in her life, and having my repair man fix her father's semi-flex pens...and she is enthusiastic. 

Just scribbling to her self, will soon become boring....and such fine vintage semi-flex '50's pens deserved continued use.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

I'm a 43-year-old from France, living in Paris with my partner and stepchildren. 

My interests include languages, reading, travelling when I get the chance, perfume, tea, crafts, data analysis and of course fountain pens + inks + paper :)

Looking forward to making new pen friends!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2023 at 10:07 AM, Laurene said:

Hi, 

I'm a 43-year-old from France, living in Paris with my partner and stepchildren. 

My interests include languages, reading, travelling when I get the chance, perfume, tea, crafts, data analysis and of course fountain pens + inks + paper :)

Looking forward to making new pen friends!

63-from Portugal, Wife. Daughter, Granddaughter, nephews. 
music, audio equipment, coffee, b&w photography, a few etceteras.

interested on exchanging physical letters. 

Greetings,

I figured it's a good time as any to look for new penpals. Recently graduated from college approx 1 year ago so I'm now searching for a job but I spend most of my time with my hobbies. My hobbies are writing, FP, stationery, games like ffxiv, indie perfumes, nail polish, reading, and cats. 

I've been in the hobby for over a decade and I'm always looking for a good reason to break out my FP and write letters. Although I've not been as active in the FP as I did in the past I'm fine with talking about discussing inks, pens, and paper all the time too. 

I look forward to your letters. Thanks. 

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

• 1 month later...

Serial letter-writer (a terrible habit, I know) would welcome letters from fountain pen addicts wherever they may be. I live in southern Ireland and have only relatively recently succumbed to the FP bug. This was started by a pen friend I found on a pen friend web site who was seriously interested in pens and started to comment on my handwriting and the ink I was using (I had just the one pen at the time). A couple of years later, with three pen show visits under my belt), I now have around 20 fountain pens and upwards of two dozen inks. The hardest part I find is getting decent stationery for letter writing, but I have a stock now and am resigned to having to trek miles to get it or even order it from the dreaded Amazon.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

[img=https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/exc-img/bronze-letter-exc.png]

bronze-letter-exc.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I love writing on paper and write pretty well (content--handwriting is legible and fine, I think). Would be happy to get into real exchanges about life and, you know, how people think and all that, with someone in the US or anywhere else. Message me if you're interested, I guess. If you write I will reply, fairly quickly.