Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

Hi everyone,

I’m Ken. I’m 35, happily married, and a relatively new dad. I run my own business in KC, which helps fund my FP hobby among other things and I’ve got two dogs (frenchie and a Rhodesian ridgeback).

I’ve found a few penpals from Reddit, but want to expand my network! Looking to connect with others for conversation about pens, ink, paper, and other casual topics. Not interested in discussing religion or politics. 

Some of my hobbies include audiobooks (mainly fiction), FPs  (obviously), history, hiking, horror films, and baking sourdough. 

Thanks and PM me if you’d like to chat!

Ken

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello, everyone. 

I'm Mike. 37 years old. Divorced with two kids. I run my own recruiting business, which allows me to work from my home office quite often, giving me plenty of time for new correspondences. I used to use Reddit for penpals but can't really seem to find someone who can regularly correspond. I am into philosophy, reading, literature, opera, R&B music, weightlifting, gardening, French cooking, and of course, fountain pens. 

PM me if you'd like to write to me. Thanks.

I love the idea of writing a proper letter!

I'm 36, married with one kid. I studied philosophy at a small private uni in Texas. American, but currently living in Edinburgh, Scotland, working in the O&G industry. I'll likely be moving again in about a year. Who knows where - maybe Norway, maybe Malaysia. Anything could happen.

I've done a number of things over the years: USMC infantryman, police officer, law school dropout, private equity, and energy. I love to travel (about to be in Istanbul) and I'm almost always reading. Currently, I'm splitting my time between Mervyn Peake's "Titus Groan" and Ben Aaronovitch's "Tales from the Folly." I usually stick with the scifi, fantasy, speculative genres, though I have a soft spot for Roman history, as well as poetry, Rumi (I'm Muslim), English Romantics, and weirdos like Blake.

I'm also into running, collecting (and flipping) watches, the theatre, chess, video games, Cricket (England), probably other things I'm forgetting at the moment... and most recently, fountain pens.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I’m Justin. I recently got into fountain pens as part of my PTSD recovery and I love to tinker with them. I am looking to acquire some pen pals to talk about daily life. I’m interested in fantasy novels like Wheel of Time and Kingkiller Chronicles, and am even in the process of writing my own. I’m also into SciFi (Star Trek) and real sciences. I am 29 and have a wife and two dogs that are basically our children. Please let me know with a PM if you’d like to write! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I would love to add a pen pal to my correspondence. I'm an artist in San Diego and an analog lover; I also use typewriters and film cameras.  Would love to find someone who is willing to swap tales and talk about FPs galore. 

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am Georges 43 years old, single. Wanted to add pen pals for correspondance. I also collect watches since a very long time and used to collect knives. I enjoy good restaurants, tvseries, cinema, automobile exhibitions, mountain biking, trekking aswell reading various type of books.I live in  a small town not far from Paris and Versailles . Please let me know with a PM if you’d like to write! 

Best regards 

Georges

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Scott, 59 in Northern California. My interests are legion, including hiking, mountain biking, woodworking (furniture), overlanding, airguns, computer programming, reading (94 books so far this year, mostly sf and fantasy) and many more. Since I’ve already collected 9 bottles of ink in less than a month, I need some way to make room for new inks. I would love to correspond with others.

Hello,

I'm looking for more penpals as I have a lot of free time and I always like to think of a good idea to write letters to friends. Currently I am on my 4th year of college and this is my final semester before graduation in my English degree. I've lived in NY area my entire life but I like to read about different countries and states too. 

My hobbies are reading fantasy/mystery, stationery, FP, video games (FFXIV), cat pics, social media, and indie perfume. Some day I'd like to visit  Europe for the first time and then Japan again.  

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...

Having already picked up a couple of pen-pals through here, who I am enjoying writing to> I have decided to add a couple more, but would like them to be from the UK and also uk based this time if at all possible. If you are interested please PM me

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, 

I am looking for pen pals to exchange letters with. It might sound a little cliché, but I do think letter writing is a lost art. I love writing and receiving letters, it's a way of me getting away from modern-day deprivation in today's society.

I was born in Shanghai in the '70s, moved to Northeast Ohio 16 years ago. I tend to view things from a non-mainstream angle and have my own opinions, no matter how unpopular they might be. 

I try to make my life less digital and more analog. So I use film cameras, write journals with a fountain pen, collect vintage stationery, and enjoy second-hand shopping experience. 

If you would like to exchange letters (snail mail) with me, or if you would like to learn more about me, feel free to reach out. 

Lan

Hi, I'm new to this forum and would like to write to a few pen pals who also love fountain pens.  I'm a mom of 3 young adults and live in Georgia.  I enjoy writing in my journals, watercolor play, reading, and crochet from time to time.  

I have always loved any writing instruments and have a small collection of them from my childhood.  I have been back into the fountain pen hobby since 2017.  I would love to get to know a few of you!

Michelle

Hello everyone, 

I’m a 25 year old living in NYC with my gf and cat. I’ve always been intrigued by the idea of a penpal but have never given it a try! I started to journal and use fountain pens in August of 2020 as a way to get through the pandemic. Slowly but surely my collection has now grown to over a dozen notebooks, about 3 dozen fountain pens ranging from a Lamy 2000 to a Waterman 3v and a few Parkers. I’ve slowly been getting into vintage repairs and when my free time allows spend some time on eBay looking for some good deals to repair and add to the collection! 

Some interests of mine are coding(Python), history(specifically the WWs), Eastern European based Historical Fiction, psychology, finance, been picking up reading again (spending some time with Stephen King as of late), journaling, coffee, running (have run a couple of half marathons and currently training to run a full), and traveling (have a goal with my girlfriend to visit all 50 states together so any tips are welcome!).

Looking to correspond with anyone and everyone! No need to be based in the US, happy to send letters elsewhere and hope that the snail doesn’t get lost on the way to deliver the mail! 

If you’re interested in being my first penpal, feel free to send a DM with a short bio! 

Happy Writing!

-Luis

Hi from Norway!

I am male, in my mid 50’s and very happily married. When younger I enjoyed handwriting with fountain pens a lot and practiced that as part of daily life for journaling, note taking at university and for writing letters.

Gradually digitalisation took over (I never cared for social media though) and my pens were left idle for years. During this year I found back to the joy of handwriting. I brought my fountain pens back into serviceable condition, bought the necessary supplies and have gotten into the routine of journaling again. I also registered on this great forum.

Here I also came across the idea of pen pals and the more I thought about it the more I felt how much I would like handwritten exchanges with friendly people.

I am interested in a variety of areas, some are economy, society, technology, some aspects of history as well as frugal and conscious/healthy lifestyle. Reading (mostly nonfiction) and traveling have always meant a lot to me. At times I like classic music and, after many years, have also started a bit with photography again. I am not overly interested in main stream in any field.

While common hobbies and interests might be a good basis to get an exchange going, I would also be very interested to learn from people whose life’s are very different from mine about their views, experiences and priorities, and how they perceive the world, but also how life is in their place in their country.

If this sound interesting to you and you would like to get know me and to explore if we both might like to start a letter exchange, then just reach out.

• 2 weeks later...

@ScribeOne5554  I was SEVEN letters behind..... 😳 so I did a video response.... It's THREE HOURS LONG.... The link is in your inbox on here....

Enjoy.... 😃 (The dead butt you'll get while watching it.... hahaha)  

oops.... this should have gone in the post office and I can't figure out how to delete the whole thing.... My bad!!!! Sorry guys!!!! 

Hello from Alabama,

I'm a 27 year old male, married, and recent grad school graduate. I developed a love for fountain pens about a year ago, soon after I began using an analog calendar. It has blown up into a love and fascination for all things analog and stationery.

Some of my other interests/hobbies include fiction (specifics in bio), vegetable gardening, tea/coffee, theology, and pipe smoking. But truly, I find almost everything interesting. Doesn't matter if it's history, technology, psychology, biology, etc. My wife says it is one of the reasons she loves me, but also one of the reasons I annoy her! I love people, and I thoroughly enjoy learning about what they love.

All that to say, now I want to develop a new hobby of letter writing! I'm looking to better develop my creative side, and since letter writing and getting to know a new person requires imagination and creativity, I want to give it a shot!

I am, sadly, a typical American who has little to no knowledge of any language other than English. However, I do have a desire to learn another language! If you are patient and would enjoy being a part of someone's language learning, I would love to connect! I would also be happy to just have an English-only correspondence.

If this sounds interesting to you and would like to start a correspondence, please DM me!

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Christmas all.
Since September I’ve been churning the prospect of getting back to my scribbling. COVID put a kink in things to say the least, but I’d like to return to having just a few reliable correspondents.

No one likes to use those words when posting for penfriends, it’s too expectant and pushy. I know. However, I’m inclined to touch on it because logically, it’s too bloomin’ hard to carry a cohesive correspondence with 6 months gaps. This means I too have to keep from lagging in time for the other person’s benefit also.

I’m your average person, but not typical. I’m not a world traveler, nor have a life filled with stories of children. My letters are mostly about creative projects in my shop, or home, and an odd day-trip now and then.

Platonic only. 38yo and up plz. US is preferred.

Read my profile, reach out if you see a common thread. Thx.

May all your days be merry and bright!
(It’s an odd year, my tree is up and my home lit. Ho ho ho.)

Aloha,

Happy Holidays everyone. With the turn of the seasons and the New Year, it's a good time to meet several new "snail mail" correspondents. I write monthly and always promptly return a letter with another. I've been "snail mailing" globally for about 9 years.

Please peruse my profile page

If you are interested in corresponding, please PM me and I'll send out an introductory letter, or you can send one first if you prefer.

Mahalo,

k

Recent photograph I took at sunset at the Hilton Waikaloa on the Big Island of Hawaii, while visiting with family.

zz-Hilton-Waikaloa-Resort-Sunset-Shore.j

• 3 weeks later...

I would enjoy exchanging letters with others.

I'm 50 years old and live in a small, community of 2000 in Northwestern Ontario about 60 km North of Lake Superior. I'm a married man and have a young daughter. I work as a RN in Primary Care. I enjoy the outdoors, hunting, fishing and photography, along with hiking. I enjoy living in a town that is surrounded by the woods where peace and quiet is the norm. Of course, I enjoy sending and receiving letters as well.  

I enjoy conversing about most things, and love to learn about others' spirituality and religious traditions. I grew up in a house where my parents practiced differing religions, and learned to have a respectful curiosity about religion and spirituality. I always enjoy hearing about what one persons faith means to them and their life. 

It does not have to be anything faith based whatsoever, I'm up to discussing most things, and it would be great to exchange letters with people who have the same interests, all the way to someone who is completely different in their thinking and interests to me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 2:10 PM, Paul_Caruso said:

I would enjoy exchanging letters with others.

I'm 50 years old and live in a small, community of 2000 in Northwestern Ontario about 60 km North of Lake Superior. I'm a married man and have a young daughter. I work as a RN in Primary Care. I enjoy the outdoors, hunting, fishing and photography, along with hiking. I enjoy living in a town that is surrounded by the woods where peace and quiet is the norm. Of course, I enjoy sending and receiving letters as well.  

I enjoy conversing about most things, and love to learn about others' spirituality and religious traditions. I grew up in a house where my parents practiced differing religions, and learned to have a respectful curiosity about religion and spirituality. I always enjoy hearing about what one persons faith means to them and their life. 

It does not have to be anything faith based whatsoever, I'm up to discussing most things, and it would be great to exchange letters with people who have the same interests, all the way to someone who is completely different in their thinking and interests to me. 

Sent you a PM.

Aloha

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

Are there any Italians out there who would be interested in a language exchange via the old-fashioned medium of handwritten letters? (i.e. I'd write to you in my rusty error-prone Italian and you'd reply in English so that we'd each hopefully improve our written target language). 

A bit about me: I'm 57 years old, happily married, living with my husband and dog in a village in Norfolk, I'm retired, and my hobbies are walking, cycling, gardening, reading, journalling and letter writing. My Italian is rusty so I want to recover some of my former fluency. 

It would be great to have some Italian penpals! 

All the best, Jane