Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

I, too, am looking for a pen pal.  I'm trying to improve my handwriting and find that I actually enjoy writing longhand.  I'm bilingual -- I can write longhand or on the computer.  I'd love to connect with someone else.

I'm 71 and live in New York City.  I'm a retired lawyer and you might say I'm a polymath.  I've studied at about 15 colleges and have two degrees -- an undergraduate degree in Mathematics, and a J.D. degree in Law.  I arbitrate cases in Small Claims Court.  I've also studied Philosophy, Physics, Art, Electrical Engineering, Veterinary Medicine, Biology and Chemistry.  My hobbies include Photography (film and digital), practicing American Cursive handwriting, drawing and watercolor painting.  I'm interested in many, many things.  I like animals, especially cats, but can't have any pets in my present living facility.

I'm presently reading the following books -- "Journey to the Edge of Reason, the Life of Kurt Godel";  "Uncle Tom's Cabin", inspired by the movie "The King and I"; and "Lost Horizon," inspired by my Home Health Aide, who is from Nepal.  I'd love to discuss these books with a pen pal.

Oh, I was married for ten years but don't have any children.

I have strong opinions so it would be better if we don't discuss topics we disagree on -- I'm anti-Trump, I'm opposed to most animal experimentation, factory farming, hunting and trapping.  I'm pro Science and pro masking and vaccinating against COVID.  I'm Jewish and conversations about religion, except New Age, are off-limits.

Looking forward to hearing from correspondents,

Dan

Dan Kalish

Fountain Pens: Pelikan Souveran M805, Pelikan Petrol-Marble M205, Santini Libra Cumberland, Waterman Expert II, Waterman Phileas, Waterman Kultur, Stipula Splash, Sheaffer Sagaris, Sheaffer Prelude, Osmiroid 65

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi. I would love to find a pen pal or two on here. I live in the Isle of Man (Great Britain for those wondering), and due to illness am finding myself with a lot if time on my hands. I would love to use that time productively, I really would. Quick rundown, I am 47, female, married with 4 children and 6 grandchildren. Also have a lurcher dog. I like journalling (not to any great degree of artistic ability, I just enjoy the writing more), reading, my pens and houseplants. 

I know it probably all sounds terribly boring but I used to be a nurse, before I had an accident that registered me disabled and now I am both epileptic and a wheelchair user. I am open to any kinds of conversation, except covid deniers and anti vaxxers. Probably best to out myself as being an ally of the LGBTQ, BLM and BAME communities now too. I am also a member of Mensa.

If you would like to correspond with me, please drop me a DM for my address - or DM me yours, either is good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello my name is Nam

I'm 32 year old.

My hobby i train mma, i like writing letter.

Last year in the Corona time where everything lock, i start with the fountainpen, it a aventure. My first letter in my live was last year.

I looking for someone i can write letter with him or her.

thanks

Have a nice day

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! I'm Gina and I'd be interested in exchanging letters with folks from anywhere. I'm, 45, and a US expat living in Switzerland with my wife. I've always like pens/stationary/etc, but only really got serious about fountain pens about 3 years ago. I'm a writer, pastor, gadget geek, fiber artist, open water swimmer (when I can), home cook, and avid reader of mostly scif/fantasy and the occasional non-fiction (usually about cooking). 

And yes, I will use many different colors of ink, as I currently have obsessions with Pilot Iroshizuki inks and Diamine. :)

Rev. Gina

Yeah, I'm a pastor, but I like Fountain Pens, so I must be cool, right?

Writer, Pastor, Priest, Geek

revginapond.net

• 3 weeks later...

I am unsure whether this is still alive but I am a student who is very fond of writing and using fountain pens, and I am looking for a pen pal. I hope that some of you can read my message and perhaps contact me and write letters to each other!

Ian 

EF nibs!!!

On 9/12/2021 at 11:49 PM, RevGina said:

Hi all! I'm Gina and I'd be interested in exchanging letters with folks from anywhere. I'm, 45, and a US expat living in Switzerland with my wife. I've always like pens/stationary/etc, but only really got serious about fountain pens about 3 years ago. I'm a writer, pastor, gadget geek, fiber artist, open water swimmer (when I can), home cook, and avid reader of mostly scif/fantasy and the occasional non-fiction (usually about cooking). 

And yes, I will use many different colors of ink, as I currently have obsessions with Pilot Iroshizuki inks and Diamine. :)

May I contact you?

EF nibs!!!

On 9/30/2021 at 6:26 PM, RevGina said:

Sure! Send me a PM! :)

I’m not sure how to pm you…

EF nibs!!!

17 minutes ago, IanP2303 said:

I’m not sure how to pm you…

1855613878_Shortcutforsendingsomeaprivatemessage.png.22d51bae2e6dcfbf8fcfe71c762c6cf7.png

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 8:06 PM, More_Better said:

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and have only recently revisited fountain pens. Needless to say I now have way more pens, inks and paper than I "need". I tried writing some snail mail to my physical friends but they just thought of it as cute and are not interested in writing back.

I would like to have some people to exchange correspondence with. As a background, I am 35 years old, work in medical research, have a lovely wife and 1 year old daughter, along with a 5 year old dog who thinks he's human, and we all live in southern MN.

Besides my obvious hobby for pens and stationery, I like biking (not that I get to do much with a baby now), reading novels or history books, listening to history, stationery or current news podcasts while performing boring tasks such as mowing the lawn or driving, and both my wife and I enjoy cooking.

I would like to refrain from any political and religious talk with whomever is interested in exchanging mail with me, as these two topics are the fastest way to sour relationships. 

I really don't care where in the world my pen pal is located, as long as the letters I send arrive and we can communicate either in English or Spanish.

Send a PM if you are interested. Thank you!

Are you still looking for someone? I am from the UK also have a background in medical research and a 5 year old boy so we may have a few things in common

DM me if your still looking

I don't know if this thread still gets any traffic but I'd be interested in a couple of pp 

I'm 42 years old married with a 5 year old son. I have a PhD in biochemical engineering and have a background in the biopharmacutical industry. 

I like to read and binge watch TV series especially anything Sci-fi fantasy or horror. 

I've also recently discovered photography so spend a fair bit of time behind the camera 

If anyone would like a pen pal based in the UK drop me a DM

• 4 weeks later...

I'm BAAAAAck.

I've been gone a long time, but I'd like to start pen paling again.

My profile shows what my interests are, but above that I'd like to say I would like to write with someone in Greece if possible.

Top of my interests are Archaeology, Scouts, fiction writing (Horror, SF, Fantasy, and Mystery), Rugby, history, ukulele, watches and games (board and role playing). I'm interested in language learning and I'm currently studying Modern Greek and Latin American Spanish.

I like using fountain pens, but I've realized I don't have the patience for cleaning them and changing inks all the time. I tend to pick a pen and an ink and stick to it. I enjoy using what I have, but I don't think I want to collect anything more.

I am interested in finding out about minority owned stationary.

Address available by PM

Edited by Inner Prop
Redacted my address because it seemed like the discrete thing to do

My Pens in chronological order:

Baoer 388 - Black - M nib

Lamy AL-Star - Blue - F nib

Kaweco AL Sport - Raw aluminium - M nib

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, it's been a few years since I last posted here. During this time I lost a few pen pals (I moved out, moved back, switched jobs, life got messy). I still keep some friends and I have room for a few more if anyone is interested. 

A short summary about me: married, 42, working as a data analyst/content manager in a multinational. I spend most of my free time hiking and cycling when the weather allows it. Otherwise, I read a lot and write a lot. That's basically me.

Feel free to drop me a line.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been in and out of the fountain pen hobby for almost ten years - and have also corresponded with a few lovely people I met on here. I would like to breathe new life into my letter writing and I am hoping for two or three people to write with. 

I am 43, I live in the Netherlands and have a somewhat onorthodox family life: I live with my wife, her boyfriend, and in total three children (my wife and I have two together). Call it polyamory. If this offends you, please do not get in touch :) I work in education and I love films (see also: Letterboxd), literature and I can talk about almost anything except sports. I would be most interested in writing with people who are politically liberal and reflective. Also would be especially interested to correspond if you are a member of the LGBTQ+ community. 

English and Dutch, no age preferences, I am particularly fond of nice inks and paper. Drop me a line! Also, If we have corresponded in the past but have lost contact, please get in touch if you like so we can pick up where we left off. 

<p>Hors d'oeuvres must be obeyed at all times.</p>

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/2/2015 at 8:15 PM, jburchett said:

Jonathan B. (jburchett)

I'm a 21 year old male and I am currently an undergraduate majoring in Biology, aspiring to become a Physical Therapist. I live in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains of Southwest Virginia. My fountain pen love started close to a year ago. Since then I have acquired close to 40 fountain pens, many cheap with a few mid-range. I'm trying to improve my penmanship and I enjoy writing letters. I enjoy making new acquaintances, so let's be pen pals!

On 2/4/2021 at 5:52 PM, jburchett said:

Much has changed since my first post. I’m now 27, didn’t become a physical therapist but a librarian instead. Finished undergrad and graduate school. Have many more pens and inks, all across the price spectrum. Engaged to be wed and planning to move soon. However, a lot of my pen pals have fallen off, so I’m open for more if anyone would like to write! 

Wow, Smash Mouth was right. The years start coming and they absolutely don't stop coming. (Aging myself there.. ) 

Anyway, an update and repost. 28 now. Live in North Carolina, still in the Appalachians ❤️. Married.

I've also updated my profile. So, if anyone would like to exchange correspondence, feel free to give my profile a look and shoot me a message! 

J. Burchett
"A pen transmits the voice of the soul" - Fennel Hudson
round-letter-exc.png

Hi

Looking to get back into writing 'Snail Mail' in order to get more use out of my small collection of fountain pens.

Haven't been active on here for quite a while due to life getting the way.

I a 55 year old single male, living in East Sussex, U.K.

Would love to correspond with anyone who is willing.

Kind Regards

Nigel

4 hours ago, NSRH said:

Hi

Looking to get back into writing 'Snail Mail' in order to get more use out of my small collection of fountain pens.

Haven't been active on here for quite a while due to life getting the way.

I a 55 year old single male, living in East Sussex, U.K.

Would love to correspond with anyone who is willing.

Kind Regards

Nigel

If I'm not mistaken, I believe we have corresponded in the past. Hope all is well, feel free to drop me a line if you'd like to continue where we left off. 

Best,

Jonathan

J. Burchett
round-letter-exc.png

Hi Jonathan

Yes we did and would love to get back in touch.

Can you let me have your address details again?

Kind Regards

Nigel

1 hour ago, NSRH said:

Hi Jonathan

Yes we did and would love to get back in touch.

Can you let me have your address details again?

Kind Regards

Nigel

I sent you a DM. 🙂

J. Burchett
round-letter-exc.png