Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

I've entertained the idea of finding a pen pal for quite awhile and never follow through. Today is new pen day for me, so I'm motivated to create some reasons to use it (Vanishing Point). I became interested in fountain pens a few years ago, but as a kid I always had a love for pens, paper, and writing. I'm male, 31 years old, married with four (yep, four!) cats and a puppy. We live in Texas. I'm originally from upstate NY, and after I graduated with my degree in English, I moved to Texas to pursue a Master's degree. That fizzled out, and now I work in procurement. My hobbies include pens and writing (obviously), astronomy, photography, running (though currently injured), reading, and mountain biking. I'm not religious and I'm situated on the left of the political spectrum. Although I'm not religious, I'm fascinated by religion and am open to discussion. Same goes for politics - open to discussion. But I won't steer any discussions in that direction unless there's mutual interest.

If interested in corresponding, let me know!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been using basic start ftn pens for about 3 years and I'm learning each day, but I am still very much a newbie. This is my first year participating in InCoWriMo- it's the perfect reason to use all my lovely ink. I've managed to keep up so far, but I am quickly running out of people to write!

I'm a huge paper and ink nerd. I attended to an art high school then studied photography in college. I love all things paper-related- snail mail, postcards, scrapbooking, planning, etc. It's only natural that I fell into fountain pens and ink. But 2017 was a terrible year for me mail-wise; I somehow lost three pen pals. I wrote several one-way letters before I just decided to give up.

My other hobbies include fiber arts (knit/crochet/sewing), photography, cooking (and eating), the occasional video game (time is much harder to come by as an adult), being a netflix bum, and travel/exploring new places.

I'm currently unemployed by choice- I left a career of 7 years to study a new skill and hopefully change industries.

I'd love to have more people to write to, especially since I enjoy sending postcards when I travel.

• 2 weeks later...

Im 18 and live in Las Vegas I recently got my first pen a jinhao 992 w some diamine misty blue ink.I like to write,play guitar,and sksteboard.Besides that I like learning about Japanese culture.

Hi,

I'm Steffi fromm Germany and I'm looking for two penpals. A Little bit about me: I'm almost 40, a very humorous and warm-hearted Person. According to my friends. Wenn can write about everything, inkluding politics and religion.

I don't bite, so don't be shy. OK?

Hoping to read from you soon.

Cheers,

Steffi

Mr. Pink here needs at least one more pen-pal if he expects to ever use up his stock of ink in the next 48 years. That I don't own a cell phone should tell you nearly everything you need to know about me.

Just so you know, if you do take me on, I write very regularly.

Male or Female is just fine.

Hi,

I had penpals back in the 1980s through now defunct International Youth Service (IYS) based in Finland and I'd like to re-start this enriching hobby.

I'm 47 year old german expat residing in Norway. Married, 2 kids. Jurist and theologian.

Interests/hobbies:

Fountain pens, inks, quality paper, calligraphy

Languages, cultures, religion/spirituality, zen/meditation, philosophy.
Football, icehockey.
Aviation, airplanes.
Learning to play e-guitar.
High-quality esthetic craftsmanship (japanese, german, ...)
Being a husband and father for my daughters.

I can communicate in english, german, norwegian, spanish and portuguese.

Male and female welcome. Age preferably 30+ years old.

Anybody who's interested please contact me.

Pelikan's inked up, letter paper's ready.

Edited by Folgefonna

Hi,

I had penpals back in the 1980s through now defunct International Youth Service (IYS) based in Finland and I'd like to re-start this enriching hobby.

I'm 47 year old german expat residing in Norway. Married, 2 kids. Jurist and theologian.

Interests/hobbies:

Fountain pens, inks, quality paper, calligraphy

Languages, cultures, religion/spirituality, zen/meditation, philosophy.
Football, icehockey.
Aviation, airplanes.
Learning to play e-guitar.
High-quality esthetic craftsmanship (japanese, german, ...)
Being a husband and father for my daughters.

I can communicate in english, german, norwegian, spanish and portuguese.

Male and female welcome. Age preferably 30+ years old.

Anybody who's interested please contact me.

Pelikan's inked up, letter paper's ready.

Edited by Folgefonna

This is me.

Hi,

I'm Steffi fromm Germany and I'm looking for two penpals. A Little bit about me: I'm almost 40, a very humorous and warm-hearted Person. According to my friends. Wenn can write about everything, inkluding politics and religion.

I don't bite, so don't be shy. OK?

Hoping to read from you soon.

Cheers,

Steffi

Interesse an einem deutschsprachigen Brieffreund? Wohne in Norwegen, siehe meinen Post. Spreche bzw. schreibe selten Deutsch, bevor ich es ganz vergesse ...

Edited by Folgefonna

Interesse an einem deutschsprachigen Brieffreund? Wohne in Norwegen, siehe meinen Post. Spreche bzw. schreibe selten Deutsch, bevor ich es ganz vergesse ...

Hi,

ich hab Dir eine PM geschickt.

Steffi

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that this form is basically about members corresponding with each other, but like many others who don't have a lot of time for correspondents I just wanna pass along that there are several very reputable sites that offer the opportunity for people such as our shelves, and anyone else actually, to correspond with people that are incarcerated, almost all of whom would be very glad to have another voice to communicate with. And while there are issues of reputability, at least in terms of who the individual is that you're communicating with, (but then this could be true of anyone you meet anywhere)I will say that there is a potential for really doing someone some good just by offering them another source of communication, along with giving you a chance to practice your handwriting.

Just add an F at the beginning, and any Art stinks.

Except your own.

Forgot to sign up here.

I'm a 26 years old woman from Northern-East Italy.

I come from a rural, big family and I live in the countryside.

I've recently graduated from a Master's degree in Foreign Languages and Literatures. I'm a huge nerd, I love superhero movies and television shows, science-fiction, fantasy, Westerns, music from dubstep to gothic choir, too many authors to count, ink comparisons, typography, sight-seeing, architecture, and, truly, I have many interests. I'm sure we'll find something to write about.

If you don't feel disparaged by the age gap, consider writing to me!

Edited by RoyalBlueNotebooks

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi you probably have more pen pals than you want now. In the slim chance that you don't I would love to correspond with you. I'm a fellow left leaning Texan which as you know is a very rare breed. I love art, literature, philosophy, stupid puns, absurd humor and just about everything that makes us human.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

I'm middle-aged, sarcastic, cynical, messy and disorganized. I am married but have no children. I'm down-to-earth and pretty opinionated, though not confrontational about it; I refrain from political, religious, and most 'hot button' debates unless you're sitting in my living room ;)

I enjoy fiber art pursuits, such as spinning, weaving, knitting, lacemaking, crazy quilting, embroidery... pretty much anything involving fiber, yarn, fabric, or thread. I love animals, but I'm especially biased toward the fiber producing kind - sheep, goats, llama, alpaca and such. :) I love (and have several) dogs and cats as well. I don't read as much as I used to (in the stone age, Before Internet) but I try to compensate by listening to audiobooks while doing other things. A few of my favorite authors are Jonathan Kellerman, Jim Butcher (Dresden series!), and James Patterson. I read mostly fiction in the thriller/mystery genre, although a few sci-fi and fantasy things have wandered onto my radar of late. I have the attention span of a gnat most of the time, and generally have numerous projects going on at any particular moment.

I've had a thing for paper and pens since I can remember! I am learning Copperplate, albeit very slowly (with long breaks between attempts), and I love fountain pens and dip pens. I've recently started experimenting with making my own (very amateurish) ink for dip pens, just for fun. I'd like to learn Italic and Foundational calligraphy... and Humanist... and... hmm, so many choices! :huh: I'm also working on establishing a style of everyday handwriting that I like better than the random-cursive-mixed-with-print-lettercase-be-damned mess I currently default to. It's legible, but it ain't pretty.

I live in the southeast United States but would love to talk to folks from other countries. I have to say I'm not terribly punctual when it comes to letters, but I get there eventually. I'd like to communicate with open-minded, non-judgemental people with a good sense of humor :)

Mr. Pink here needs at least one more pen-pal if he expects to ever use up his stock of ink in the next 48 years. That I don't own a cell phone should tell you nearly everything you need to know about me.

Just so you know, if you do take me on, I write very regularly.

Male or Female is just fine.

More correspondence would be nice to improve my writing and enjoy new PP.

Bio attached on user link, PM with address if you would like an introductory letter or vs vs.

Aloha

jim

• 3 weeks later...
Looking for a way to put my pens into use. And making some new friends from over the world would be a wonderful opportunity, wouldn't it?

According to my friends I have a strong opinion in a sarcastic an humurous way of, let's say, almost everything. Which does not mean that I'm not open to other opinions or discussions.

Willing to write about daily life; and actually about everyting as long as for instance politics and religion are not to fanatic.

Current interests: fountain pens and inks, music (very broad interest but with a preference for the (electrical) guitar), enjoying a good meal and drink (Whisky), taking the motorcycle for an evening ride, running, trying to get the most out of my life on a daily basis.

Long term relationschip but no children.

Mother tongue: Dutch, fluent in French en (let's hope so) English and once upon a time there was supposed to be German...

If someone is interested, I'm looking forward to get in touch...

Edited by Jebus

There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.