Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

justin is 27 in BC Canada

i don't have any fountain pen, i do dip n scratch ;b
i use nortons walnut drawing ink and gillot 404 nibs and.. .staedtler graph paper ? i haven't picked a proper paper yet, but this stuff is okay.
i write clearly and you can read it for sure !

i started writing as a way to shut myself in my room and stay away from my druggy friends ( it worked ) i started with the wide music nibs for doing gothic letters and then bookman and italic but I wanted to write faster and fancier so i figured out what i needed is to get pointed nibs and learn cursive. I practiced by writing "hail marys" and "our father" and "the apostles creed" which helped me memorise the prayers for when i eventually got a rosary ( I got a ww1 replica and I love it )

I'm saving up for a beetle because i missed my beetle ever since i sold it.
i love to play runescape

i take cold showers and i'm concerned for europe.

i think texas is the greatest nation on earth, but china is probably my favorite civilisation
my favorite beer is tsing-tao

i'm bad at the flute so i'm going to sign up for lessons
also going to start going to church more, and when i have a family we will go to church too.
i go running in the morning and on the weekend i get to run in the park on kalamalka lake!
"democracy is a stupid system for stupid people" my favorite thing about canada is having a queen on our money my least favorite thing about canada is the "PC" atmosphere
i did some tests to join the army and i passed them all, but have to wait until april 2018 to continue because I was a degenerate druggy until march this year
my plan for life is to do a career with the army and get married and move to Alberta and live on a big field with a big garden and have kids and then grandkids and when my parents get old they can live with us.

Edited by covfefecopter

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello, I've been away for a while but now that I'm back I'd like some pen-pals.

I'm particularly interested in writing to people from other countries and cultures as well as Wales,Scotland, Ireland and England.

I'm a 42 year old Man, Catholic with 4 children (living elsewhere for now) and a cat.

My interests are: Books, Music especially Blues, Fountain pens, Cycling, History, Ales & Wine, Cooking & Food, Pubs, Old B&W films, Vintage Comedies, Gardening and Deep Sea fishing.

I don't have a television so I won't be able to discuss anything that's been on it.

I'm happy for male or female pen pals over the age of 25 to write to me. I'm self employed so I can only promise one letter a month but I might have time for more.

Send me a PM with a bit of info about yourself like that above and I can give you my address to get the ball rolling.

At the moment all that comes through my letterbox is bills :crybaby:

Edited by DavidDecorator1

Hello All,

My name is Cody and I would like to receive snail mail.

Here's a little about myself.

I am currently a Biblical Studies student in college. I work in the technology field specifically in video teleconferencing. Hobbies include restoring anything old, playing piano, reading (mostly for class lately), and I play the occasional video game. I'm married to a wonderful wife and we have one son.

Be glad to hear from you.

Cody

A number of years ago I used to have a few penpals whom I'd exchange letters with. However, I went through a very busy time and lost contact with them (not helped by the fact I've moved addresses several times). I'm hoping to find a couple of people to write to again.

A little background about me:

- The only language I'm fluent in is English.

- I've started to learn Romanian, so if you speak Romanian as well that would be an amazing bonus, as it gives me chance to practice the language.

- I work for a train company, and know far too much about trains.

- I love to traveling, but sadly don't have time to traveol often.

- Other hobbies are books (Inspector Banks, Andy McNab, Chris Ryan, and then any form of Sci-Fi or fantasy books I like), photography (although haven't had much chance recently), learning new things (I love learning to code, am enjoying the Romanian, and still like to read up on Mathematics).

- I probably play on the computer too much.

Please PM me if interested :)

Lucas

Edited by LucasLCC

Hi there!

Allow me to shamelessly promote myself. I can be many persons: Introvert, communicative, nerdy, stubborn, artsy, funny and also stupid.

I work with web technologies, but balance things with analog techniques, especially when it comes to drafting texts or doing designs, prototypes, mockups or storyboards.

Also I like to sketch. Often, I just do aquick sketch on one of the letters, I‘m currently writing and send it along. Or I include one of my artefacts. Sometimes it‘s utter rubbish, lol!

Through art and letterwriting I met some wonderful likeminded people and I would like to expand even more.

Ideally we would also exchange sketches and the story behind them or how they were made. Maybe we would also swap a few sample sheets of paper from time to time...?

Also I would like to meet a person from Austin, Texas.

Well I‘m living here in Switzerland, but I‘m from Germany. I think I can communicate in English, then I know a bit of French an Japanese.

I attach a few pictures from one of my better letters, I‘ve recently sent so you get the picture, lol.

36678352573_2b18c75a73_z_d.jpg

36561990693_4dc73def67_z_d.jpg

36974631000_debca72295_z_d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, ! Chitown here, and I'm looking to add to my Pen Pal's, by about 2 people. Please no one in the age group of 20 or younger as I have had issues with them in the past with not returning letter's.

A bit about myself; I'm a guyski, and have two incredible doggies. I lost my very best friend, Jr., an 8 1/2 year old Black German Shepard / Black Lab on May 8th. He just up and died :-( But on May 20th, we found Max, a 8 week old Black German Shepard / Blak Lab and he is now around 9 months old and is as fiesty as ever! Winston, my 8 year old Red Lab in the picture was stunned when Jr. died, and would not even smile.....Now a days he and Max are all about playing and chasing each other around the dinning room table which is about 8 feet long. I am the President of the New Mexico Pen Collector's Club that I started in May 2010.....Then 2 years ago I joined a wood turners club, as I have a Lathe and make wooden Pen's and acrylic pen's on it. We are originally from the Chicago Land area, and have been living in Albuquerque, NM., for the last 20 years.

I think that's enough about me for now? If you want more, please PM me with your name and address and I'll be happy to write the 1st letter.

Best Regards,

Mike

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but in addition to the wonderful folks here, I have also learned of this organization run out of Chicago. Have you guys heard of the Letter Writers Alliance?

https://letterwriters.org/

It's only 5 USD for a lifetime membership and you can request penpals as well. I have just received my first letter through them and it's nice to know it works!

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but in addition to the wonderful folks here, I have also learned of this organization run out of Chicago. Have you guys heard of the Letter Writers Alliance?

https://letterwriters.org/

It's only 5 USD for a lifetime membership and you can request penpals as well. I have just received my first letter through them and it's nice to know it works!

I forgot about their bookclub last night - Dracula. I read it as a free ebook a while back but was surprised in the story how quick mail "travelled" between England and eastern Europe.

If you find yourself looking for new penpals in January/February, look for the February letter writing challenges (basically, a letter a day).

!

Hi folks!

My name is Audrey, I am a French Canadian living on South Shore of Montreal. I have been wanting a pen pal for a long time, but then my boyfriend proposed, I had to plan a wedding and I got so overwhelmed by this project that I had to put aside the letters! No need to say that every supplier for the wedding was definitely curious about "that old pen you are using" (please note that all my fountain pens are NOT vintage, so in theory, they are new)

I am an account manager at a software company, recently married, no kids but a chihuahua. I am 29 years old, but live like an old lady (like I go to bed around 9PM and drink herbal tea on cold winter nights) Other than that I love to appreciate a bottle of good wine (I don't drink beer) I used to train a lot, but now that I have the ring who care if I get fat! :lticaptd: Seriously, I would love to have more time to train, but at some point, you need to make a choice: FPN or sports...

If you are interested to start an epistolary relationship with a sarcastic but fun young (old) woman, please send me your address.

PS- French is my first language and I try very hard to get fluent in English.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all!

I am a new member here on FPN, and would love to have a couple pen pals!

30 years old, married, no kids, but have a ten year old Boston Terrier. Living in Seattle, work as a Mechanical Engineer, hobbies include Golf, collecting/drinking good wines and whiskies, art, traveling and trying new foods.

Just got back from a trip throughout Italy, would love to hear from people in Italy if possible :), and use it as a way to continue to learn Italian.

PM for my address, or to send me yours.

*deleted*

(weekend almost over)

Edited by Ileach

Support your local post office - write letters!

Greetings: Slightly curmudgeonly guy from very rural Nova Scotia, Canada. I am an archer, former photographer and once made a violin. I read a lot, when single. I don't watch TV. I hold very strong opinions on most things. I'm married with a daughter. I have worked in a dozen industries. Currently working at a hatchery. Living the dream. Struggling Buddhist. PM me if you feel the urge. (To write)

In the end only kindness matters

If anyone in this thread has not received a letter, pm me your details and I'll do what I can. It's a great idea, this exchange, but there is no way to keep track of who's gotten what. We need a spreadsheet and as I've not used one since Lotus123, I'm not about to do it.

Cheers

Eugene

In the end only kindness matters

Ait...so I am throwing my hat into the ring as well :)

Im 28 years old and I am living in Germany.

I enjoy all kinds of stuff...video games, tech stuff, nice fountain pens, taking pictures...

Well you will find out more if you write me ;)

I work for an airline company...not a pilot or flight attending though...ground staff.

So hit me up if you want to learn more about me :)

Oh...And I don't really have a specific country I would like to write to...

New York City would be nice ;)

MG66 (Carl)

I'm just getting into fountain pens and all the related tangents. I'm really enjoying the journey so far. I started with the sole goal of improving my handwriting, which has been atrocious and generally illegible since I first picked up a writing implement. I can say it is better now, but I of course have a long way to go.

While my penmanship is lacking, I do enjoy and have done a good bit of writing. I am a accounting and financial systems business consultant by trade, and I live in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Have a great day!

MG

Oh, I know this of myself

I assume as much for other people

We’ve listened more to life’s end gong

Than the sound of life’s sweet bells

I'm interested in a pen pal. I'm a retired professor of English from a small West Texas university; I'm now residing in San Antonio, Texas. My retirement activity is designing and directing an ethics and professionalism program for a group of geriatrics and palliative medicine fellows at a medical school. I have to say up front that I am completely politically liberal and secular and have no interest in religious discussions of any sort. I read (too much) mystery fiction and not enough non-fiction. I like pens, of course, and would welcome anyone interested in correspondence. My handwriting is legible, I think, but gets better with use. Married for 48 years and blissfully childfree. I'm 77 years old if that matters.

Hi Moruk,

My name is Katherine and I live in northeastern Vermont with my mom and 4 cats. I discovered fountain pens a few years ago and used a Noodler's Ahab mainly for drawing. I was disappointed with it's lack of flex and railroading, so I gave up for a couple years. Then, I found the Fountain Pen Geeks podcast on Youtube and caught the 'madness'. Since April of this year I have acquired a Waterman 52, Eversharp Skyline, Esterbrook J and a couple others. I prefer vintage pens for their flex and history. I just started playing with dip pens and I hope to improve with lots of practice. I have 2 pen pals from FPN. I also joined Letter Writer's Alliance. I won't discuss politics or religion, unless asked, which I think we both agree is best. Mainly, I'm interested in walking dogs and caring for ponies at my local farm, as well as drawing with my fountain pen and inks and writing letters. Let me know if you want to correspond.

Write back if it feels write,

Katherine

Edited by Kathartic73

I only rediscovered fountain pens a couple of years ago, but I have been writing, by hand, to a small number of penpals for over 10 years. I have got to know some really interesting people through correspondence, and I would like to find a couple more!

I am in my 30s and work as a freelance copy-editor/proof-reader, mainly in the field of history. In my spare time I enjoy reading (mainly history, occasional novels), music (especially Baroque), documentaries, travel, drawing, cooking, and various crafts. I love animals (cats and dogs in particular), interesting buildings (both old and modern), and learning about other countries and cultures.

Hi,

My name is Katherine and I live in northeastern Vermont with my mom and 4 cats. I discovered fountain pens a few years ago and used a Noodler's Ahab mainly for drawing. I was disappointed with it's lack of flex and railroading, so I gave up for a couple years. Then, I found the Fountain Pen Geeks podcast on Youtube and caught the 'madness'. Since April of this year I have acquired a Waterman 52, Eversharp Skyline, Esterbrook J and a couple others. I prefer vintage pens for their flex and history. I just started playing with dip pens and I hope to improve with lots of practice. I have 2 pen pals from FPN. I also joined Letter Writer's Alliance. I won't discuss politics or religion, unless asked. Mainly, I'm interested in walking dogs and caring for ponies at my local farm, as well as drawing with my fountain pen and inks and writing letters. Let me know if you want to correspond.

Katherine

Edited by Kathartic73

Hi,

my name is Stefanie. I`m 39 years old and looking for a few pen pals. It`s so much nicer to get a handwritten letter in the mailbox than advertising stuff or bills. That`s why I`m here. I work in the industry. My hobbies are fountain pens, cooking, taking walks and reading a good book. People who know me say that I`m a very communicative person. So if you want to write to me send me a pm for my address or give me your address and I`ll write you first.

Greetings,

Stefanie

Hi Stefanie,

My name is Katherine and I live in northeastern Vermont with my mom and 4 cats. I discovered fountain pens a few years ago and used a Noodler's Ahab mainly for drawing. I was disappointed with it's lack of flex and railroading, so I gave up for a couple years. Then, I found the Fountain Pen Geeks podcast on Youtube and caught the 'madness'. Since April of this year I have acquired a Waterman 52, Eversharp Skyline, Esterbrook J and a couple others. I prefer vintage pens for their flex and history. I just started playing with dip pens and I hope to improve with lots of practice. I have 2 pen pals from FPN, including parkerwasmyfirstlove. I also joined Letter Writer's Alliance. I won't discuss politics or religion, unless asked. Mainly, I'm interested in walking dogs and caring for ponies at my local farm, as well as drawing with my fountain pen and inks and writing letters. Let me know if you want to correspond.

Katherine

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a couple of penpals again. I am 27 and live in the Indianapolis area. In my spare time, I enjoy writing, drawing, reading (mostly poetry and literary and science fiction), watching basketball games, and practicing calligraphy. Shoot me a PM if you might be interested. Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Hushmi

"Was it a vision or a waking dream? Fled is that music:---do I wake or sleep?"

I am happy to send a note/card/short letter/long letter to anyone who is interested. I am an eccentric old lady who recently retired from teaching English. I love literature and music and have an unironic passion for the English Royal family. At the same time, I am very liberal. But we need not discuss that unless you wish.

Please send me your details via private message if you are interested. I'm likely to inflict poetry on you (not written by me) and hope that will not discourage you.

Please note that I will not expect any responses unless you want to write more.

Edited by Doulton

"Tea cleared my head and left me with no misapprehensions".

The Duke of Wellington

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png