Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

Hello,

I'd love to find one or two international penpals, who want to write about different subjects.

Things I love:

· Running

· Cycling (race and mtb)

· History

· Politics

· Books (history, biography’s, thrillers)

· Listening to music (all kinds: but especially classical, singer/songwriter, Americana, 80’s-pop)

· Sewing clothes (I’m a beginner)

· Working with leather

Something about me: I'm 52 years old and work as a lecturer in the Netherlands. In my spare time, I’m studying History.

Petra

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm looking for those who like to write letters. I've invested in a couple of fountain pens and now I want to put them to good use.

I'm retired with a good deal of time on my hands. I have so much wisdom to spread around before my mind goes belly up and all it costs is a "forever" stamp. I have a batch of stamp sheets that are itching to send there stamps to any place in the world. I was born in England and am a naturalized citizen of the U. S. so if there are any Brits who would like to write a semi-yank then have at it.

If anyone cares to interact the old fashioned way please let me know. Like I said I have new fountain pens inked up along with crisp white paper and envelopes, not to mention those stamps chomping at the bit.

Good day all.

I'm definitely in. I've been in the rabbit hole of fountain pens for a couple years now, and am always looking for more excuses to use them outside of work and journaling.

A little about me : 26 years old born and raised in the Chicagoland area. Spent some time living just outside Amsterdam as an expat, and spend 2 years after that traveling around the world for work. Fiancée got tired of me being gone so much and have since settled back down in Chicago. Often been called an old-soul by friends and family, especially with my fountain pen and wet shaving hobbies. I love sports, traveling, bourbon, and a new found love of those House Hunter / Fixer Upper shows. Would love to exchange letters with anyone, regardless of age. :)

Hi,

My name is Mihir and I am from Bombay, India. I should be set with a new fountain pen and some ink next week after probably 15 years of writing last in a fountain pen. So, this is exciting and I look towards writing letters, even though might be shorter ones in the beginning.

My interests are primarily street photography and exploring historical places, especially in India. Been educated in India and US, and work for a research/consulting firm.

Lets write.

I'd like to take part in this as well. I'm 42, married with a 7-year-old daughter. I am just completing grad school (3 weeks to go!), and since I will find myself with free time that I haven't had in years, filling a small amount of that time writing letters to interesting people seems enjoyable to me. I'm willing to engage on most topics, although politics and religion, while I hold firm opinions, are probably not the best subjects for a discussion between pen pals. I am interested in history, and hobbies that I hope to resume include photography, beekeeping, and homebrewing. I'm not particularly knowledgeable about pens and ink, and nearly everything I've learned has been from here at FPN, but I'd still be happy to learn and discuss.

I have started keeping a journal, but it is difficult for me to fill more than a page per day; I am envious of people who are able to journal for hours, as they must lead extremely full lives!

I don't currently have a limit as to the number of pen pals I can manage, but I'll update my post if that changes.

fpn_1497391483__snailbadge.png

Hi,

I'm Katherine from the Northeast Kingdom. I have the privilege of having Bernie Sanders as my senator. I'm new to fountain pens. After discovering the Fountain Pen Geeks podcast on Youtube and watching the many hilarious and informative videos by SBREBrown, I have caught the Madness. The Fountain Pen Network was very useful while researching buying a vintage fountain pen on Ebay. I've bought several of them and want to practice flex writing and copperplate calligraphy. I am an artist who draws with my fountain pens, so you will receive examples of my art. I seal my letters with wax, even though it requires extra postage and a prayer that they arrive unscathed.

Writing letters is a vanishing art. I want to be part of the restoration of letter writing in the digital age. I have always loved antiques. As a kid, my dad took me to estate sales, yard sales and flea markets. I am attracted to vintage fountain pens for their history and flexible gold nibs. I'd like a pen pal with vintage fountain pen and/or calligraphy writing experience. PM me if you're interested in exchanging addresses.

Edited by Kathartic73

I only rediscovered fountain pens a couple of years ago, but I have been writing, by hand, to a small number of penpals for over 10 years. I have got to know some really interesting people through correspondence, and I would like to find a couple more!

I am in my 30s and work as a freelance copy-editor/proof-reader, mainly in the field of history. In my spare time I enjoy reading (mainly history, occasional novels), music (especially Baroque), documentaries, travel, drawing, cooking, and various crafts. I love animals (cats and dogs in particular), interesting buildings (both old and modern), and learning about other countries and cultures.

Edited by KM2017

Hello,

If you are someone who loves drawing with fountain pens I would love exchanging letters, or drawings, with you. The more styles and opinions the better.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

Hi

I’d love to take part in this!

I’ve been writing with a fountain pen for a few years now but I’ve only recently really gotten into the hobby.

A bit about me: I’m 24 years old, come from Switzerland and I’m currently studying environmental engineering. Apart from fountain pens I’m interested in literature, film, photography, art, politics, hiking, cycling, plants, biology and science in general.

I love to write letters and I’ve always wanted a pen pal so if you’re interested PM me!

Hi. I'm from the US. I would love to have a pen pal I have many interests/hobbies. I love getting mail.

I've catched up with all my mail and could write a few more letters. I am in Germany, 42 yo, editor, writer, book- and art-lover, music-enthusiast. traveller. I have an opinion on almost everything :-) Be alerted: This includes politics. If you want to exchange some letters with me, drop me a line. And if you want to receive a quick letter, don't forget your address :-)

Support your local post office - write letters!

Hey, Mike here

I would love to do this! I am from Raleigh, NC and I'm currently working on my master's degree. Would love to get to know some of y'all through writing!

Hi,

I'm interested in adding my name to the Snail Mail List

Short Bio:

I'm a 48 year old living in the UK, on the whole I'm overmedicated and under-appreciated wheelchair using cripple, with a knackered body, great mind and wicked / fun sense of humour. Whilst my body might be a little damaged all the important parts of me function perfectly! Like my wrist & hands LOL

I'm interested in music (listening), calligraphy along with collecting and writing with fountain pens. I'm looking for a pen friend so if your interested, please feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by mports

Hi all!

I would love to join the snail mail list! I love sending (and getting) letters!

I'm 30 yrs old, I live in Dallas, Texas. If you would like to exchange mail, please PM me as I can't seem to figure out how to send one to one of these great people who has posted..... :unsure:

Ellise

I would be happy to take on a couple more pen pals. 67, married, grandpa. Pens, art, reading, photography. Hiking, camping, hunting, running. Oh yeah, a Yorkie dog too. PM or email works for me. Thanks!

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Hello,

If you are someone who loves drawing with fountain pens I would love exchanging letters, or drawings, with you. The more styles and opinions the better.

i draw a little but not as much as I once did. It could be fun to exchange missives.

Rick Croucher

P. O. Box 14511

Charleston, SC 29422

Is my address if you feel so inclined.

I've catched up with all my mail and could write a few more letters. I am in Germany, 42 yo, editor, writer, book- and art-lover, music-enthusiast. traveller. I have an opinion on almost everything :-) Be alerted: This includes politics. If you want to exchange some letters with me, drop me a line. And if you want to receive a quick letter, don't forget your address :-)

I'm willing to write a letter or two.

Rick Croucher

P. O. Box 14511

Charleston, SC 29422

is my address.

I would be happy to take on a couple more pen pals. 67, married, grandpa. Pens, art, reading, photography. Hiking, camping, hunting, running. Oh yeah, a Yorkie dog too. PM or email works for me. Thanks!

I'm a grandpa myself known to my grandkids as Boopah of all things. I've been trying the pen pal road.

Rick Croucher

P. O. Box 14511

Charleston, SC 29422

is my address if you feel inclined.

Hi,

my name is Stefanie. I`m 39 years old and looking for a few pen pals. It`s so much nicer to get a handwritten letter in the mailbox than advertising stuff or bills. That`s why I`m here. I work in the industry. My hobbies are fountain pens, cooking, taking walks and reading a good book. People who know me say that I`m a very communicative person. So if you want to write to me send me a pm for my address or give me your address and I`ll write you first.

Greetings,

Stefanie

I'm a grandpa myself known to my grandkids as Boopah of all things. I've been trying the pen pal road.

Rick Croucher

P. O. Box 14511

Charleston, SC 29422

is my address if you feel inclined.

Thank you Rick, will get one out after the weekend.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso