Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi folks;

I'd like to participate here if there are any takers. I just joined the website and I've been quite absorbed in reading any number of threads on any number of subjects. This is probably the most diverse forum I've ever been a part of and I'm heartened and refreshed by the breadth and depth of knowledge and wisdom that's collectively on display. Literally received my first two FPs today and am expecting two more this week, with another three by mid-December. That's more than enough to get stuck in, I'd say.

I'm mid-40s, married, with two kids. A cat has decided to humour us all and stay for a while, which has been nice when she hasn't been climbing the screens. I have an interest in many subjects and I try to know a little bit about many things. I'm currently working in Canada's public service and have served in Canada's military (which alienated my fellow poets) and I also wrote poetry in my 20s (which alienated my military colleagues) and helped start a small publication in Ottawa before the (then) inevitable clash of egos had me walk out of the thing. I do like to dabble in writing and a friend and I are pulling together a book to see if anyone else will like reading it. We'll see where that goes....

Interest wise, I'm game to discuss most anything with anyone except for religion and politics. While I'm interested in those subjects as well, I think it wiser to avoid for these purposes...hope that's cool with folks.

Fluent in English, and looking to expand my French speaking/writing if that's of interest, or perhaps help you expand your capacity in either English or French.

I love to read and I generally stick to science fiction (Iain Banks is a favourite), fantasy (Steven Erikson is a favourite), non-fiction historical (Rome as a subject has held my fascination for decades, and I'm up quite up on WW2 and history in general). I have been known to enjoy a Graham Greene and Martin Amis novel, and Kurt Vonnegut is a fellow that I've made much time for over the years.

As far as hobbies, I've dabbled in the very shallowest end of coin collecting, having literally ones of coins in my collection, game on the XBOne (though much less lately as I think I might have had it with FPS), and am learning to play the bass guitar. And I'm getting back into running and weight lifting as mysteriously all my favourite clothes have shrunk several sizes in slow motion over the years. I have done miniature wargaming and painting and such. I'm certain I'm forgetting others, which should leave me something to write about...

I'm happy to be on the forum and welcome a chance to broaden my horizons here.

Hope that gives you something to go on. Thanks for taking some time...

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." -- Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Good thread. I'm in. Male,43 based in Edinburgh Scotland. My interests are dogs,mountain bikes,valve amps and I'm looking for a chance to use my pens and improve upon my handwriting.

All the best.

Don't believe the hype!

You're all making me incredibly nervous posting very detailed biographies. I'm just a guy from a place who's never had a pen-pal before. Ok, I did have one in fourth grade. His name was Pierre and we only sent two letters.

Anyway, I like fountain pens and paper and and a variety of other things. I'm open to pretty much anything you'd like to discuss. I tend to be sarcastic, but I promise I don't bite (hard). Is that enough information to get a pen-pal 'round here? :P

A few penpals went silent, so I have room for one or two new guys/gals....

Short Bio:

30-something from germany, emigrated to the Netherlands, hobbies include cycling, gaming, music, fountain pens (duh) and just living the good life.... Been to a few places and always like to hear what it's like in other places of the world.

I'm looking for an opportunity to use my pens & inks while also getting a small peek into other's lifes/perspectives/experiences (a.k.a. semi-deep smalltalk...)

Send me a p.m. if you're interested... :)

What a strange world we live in, where people communicate by text more than ever before, yet the art of proper handwriting is seen as a thing from the past.

http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

Good evening. I'd love to take part! My brother introduced me to the wonderful world of fountain pens! You can read about it in my profile.

I'm 19 and have no idea what I want to do in life. Writing takes my mind off many things. I work as a valet at a hotel and try to write letters at any given chance. I love to answer questions, no matter how offensive or personal.

I also am quite fond of a few videogames, and I think I can accurately say I'm a little obsessed with writing letters to people.

I will write to the cashier or waiter at a restaurant thanking them for their service, just as an excuse to craft a formal letter.

Interests? Fountain pens, inks, Some videogames, FPN, and ummmm... Stamps.

PM!? :)!

Hello, my name is Dragoş (ş can be read like 'sh' or the phonetic symbol ʃ as in shoes) and I currently live in Bucharest-Romania. I've been a fountain pen devotee for at least three quarters of my life (I'm currently 23), but have started researching and collecting vintage pens only one and a half years ago, when I discovered this wonderful community.

My interests include reading, playing the guitar, writing (mostly poetry), drawing, listening to music and most recently, astronomy. I strongly believe that peace and plenty could be achieved for all through science and thoughtful management of resources all around the world (when will we start using the sun as out main power source...?!).

I'm a spiritual atheist (life itself is my creed), and I strongly reject superstitious traditions that impair the expansion of the human intellect.

My favorite colors are Burgundy, Raspberry and Olive Green (and thankfully there are many inks with these hues widely available), and I love cooking (mostly Italian cuisine :D). The next big thing in my "life schedule" is properly learning German!

I would really love to engage in interesting conversations with you beautiful people, on any topic you may see fit, be it philosophy, astrophysics, spiritualism, mathematics, morality or the meaning of life (?!), just PM me and we'll take it from there!

Cheers!

A small update: I've recently also picked up serious interest towards world history.

Cheers!

"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true..." (Carl Sagan)

An odd request maybe. I would like to correspond with someone who loves fountain pens and Sprint Cup stock car racing. I am a pretty reliable responder, do not have that many pen pals yet that I do not have time. email if you are interested.

Grace and peace to you

:)

Ummm...... I'm new to ever doing anything like this so:

I'm Steven and I'm 19 (I think. I hope) and is a college student in California, US. Currently I have no set in stone career path, but current major is Criminal Justice. But currently thinking about switching it to Psych.

Interests: FPs, Archery (Level 1 Instructor too!), gaming, watching anime. Now this may sound weeaboo-ish, but I like searching up Japanese folklore. (I do search up stuff about folklore of other countries too.) I also do have extra interests on tanks. (I blame the tank game I'm playing.)

Likes: Almost anything. I even like the history of toilet paper!

When I write I constantly switch between cursive and print.

I will talk about everything from the baby friendly stuff to the macabre to plain weird things. No bounds. But I wish to avoid argumentative topics. But I will generally just follow a topic and let the topic lead.

I'm a absolute weirdo.

Edited by Icywolfe

#Nope

Greetings,

Wow, I am pretty excited to see this thread is alive and kicking. I am no longer new to the FPN, but my interest and joy about FPs in general seems to be growing, which is pretty cool. I thoroughly enjoy writing letters even thought my penmanship is not so great has improved as of late. *fist pump* :rolleyes:

I currently live in the midwestern part of the US and work in adult mental health while teaching film studies on the university level.

My interests include, traditional wet-shaving, travel, ethnic eats, spirits, cocktails and craft beer. I have been an active member of the greyhound rescue movement for over 15 years and love the breed. My interests are diverse, as is my curiosity about other people, places, and their everyday life.

The things I enjoy writing about most are film, travel, and books. :D

I welcome people who share, want to learn, or exchange ideas about my interests, and/or want to share theirs. After all, variety is the spice of life. I have had pen pals as close as my own state, to as far as Japan and South Korea. I welcome and cordially invite any and all interested members to reach out.

I typically tend to connect with people who are passionate about what they do and/or their avocations.

Cheers ~ Jack

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” - Winston Churchill

I'd love to exchange letters with some of you, everyone sounds so interesting.

I'm interested in nearly everything and I'll write back to you pretty regularly if you like. I have quite a bit of free time on my hands at the moment. Lots of stamps waiting to be used. Handwriting begging to be improved.

I enjoy the creative arts, including painting, drawing, journaling, writing, sketching, things like that. I'm also really interested in psychology and sociology right now. I also enjoy yoga and meditation. I think that you haven't properly completed a craft until you've gotten a bit messy.

Feel free to message me if you're interested, as I'm a bit shy and I probably won't be the person reaching out first...It comes with being a young adult.

mini-letter-exc.png

Hey everyone. Wanted to throw my hat into the penpal ring, as any excuse to explore my newfound love for fountain pens makes me happy, and I'd love to start to correspond with Other Inky Humans!

I am:

-Tall (6'!), female (obviously), in the latter part of my 20s

-A Paramedic in real life and an as-yet-unpublished writer in my mornings and on my days off

-A New Yorker

-A huge nerd for: fantasy, sci-fi, healthcare

-Queer (happily married to my wife Kasey; we just had our first anniversary! :wub: )

-Wiccan, kind of ish, maybe, but not too serious about it and still exploring my spiritual side

-New to fountain pens and inks but excited to learn, especially about what excites other people

-Terrible at penmanship (apologies in advance)

-As yet unaided by nice/expensive paper, so I apologize for feathering in advance

-Willing to talk about any and all of the above, along with whatever topics cross your mind.

PM me for my address and provide yours, and let's put the Post Office to work! B)

Edited by Miz Black Crow

Samantha Wilding - She/Her

Owner, Wilding Leather

Handcrafted Leather Writing Accessories

wildingleather.com

howlforfpn.jpg.47093baedd24ddf347395f0535911675.jpg      tangledantlersforfpn.jpg.c941ac36a4dd251dce9724be97255547.jpg   monsteraforfpn.jpg.fe496936918a19c6221b8e79f974b793.jpg

It has been years since I posted here: I'm an old lady, teach English at Football University. Would like to correspond about books and poetry. I am NOT into the para-normal, the sci-fi, the 50 shades, ya, fantasy (reality is chilling enough).

The kinds of books I like are (for example and not limited to) authors such as Jane Austen, Anthony Trollope, Edith Wharton, EM Forster, Iris Murdoch. I like Shakespeare. I like much poetry--ranging from Donne to Wordsworth to Hopkins to Eliot to Stevens to Larkin. I read some history and biography. Politically very liberal (although I do not expect you to be). I like classical music and cats; married with two adult children.

"Tea cleared my head and left me with no misapprehensions".

The Duke of Wellington

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

I would like to try this. I am 77 years old and have been using "real pens" for at least 50 years, mainly for my journal writing. Between 4,000,000 and 5,000,000 words! Wonder how many bottle of ink that would be?

I live in the Southern part of the U. S. Married to my second wife, ---- first one no longer living. I have been highly blessed to have been married to two good women!

Travel is of interest to me.

C. S.

Charles, your PM inbox is not taking any messages. It might be full.

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Hi,

My names Ben. Please breeze my profile bio and drop me a message if you are interested in exchanging letters.

Ben

''You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes''. A A Milne

Greetings,

I'm looking for folks willing to accept a challange. ...(insert drum roll here).

Please consider penning a letter to my 2 year old son. Any humor, wisdom, or gentlemenly/womanly advice would be apprecaited. (One guy sent pointers on how to get Mom and Dad to buy him a puppy. Classic stuff!)

I'll be glad to respond with my feeble scratchings. I'm in the Washington DC area, should you want postcards from the capitol or monuments.

Cheers,

-c

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

I'd like to have a few more pen pals. I'm 53,retired from the library, and live in the Mojave Desert. I have many hobbies and interests, especially music, fiber arts, and living history. I have started copying the New Testament by hand - printing, as my cursive isn't that great.

Debbie

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

I have never had a pen pal before, and with my recent fixation with fountain pens the idea is even more appealing. A little about me:

I am 20 years old and I am a 2nd year music student at a tiny little college in iowa. I love classical music and good food, as well as looking at other peoples amazing handwriting.

Hi guys, I've wanted to get back to pen-palling for a while now and finally decided that today is a better day to start as any, so here we go:

I am a 20 year old and live in Portugal, I love to write, always carry a notebook around with me, not that I am the one thinking up the words, but I always like to write things down that I see around. I am currently studying electrical engineering at University and would realy like to pick up this hobby again. I don't get to write enough text by hand in my studies and exchanging mail with someone would be a good reason to get my pens some use (instead of spending the day scribbling numbers).