Some Danitrio Love

jde

Tame-midori is a sweet colour on a faceted pen. I had a mikado in Tame-midori but it didn't show the green as well as I'd like. Perhaps my wallet is happy that our Winedoc has ceased his enabling.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jde

• quinden

• trhall

• elderberry

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The uncapped pen is the Octagon, the darker tame-midori pen next to it is a Takumi. It looks more faceted than the Octagon though it is totally round. :headsmack:

Thank you for posting! Beautiful pen, well captured in your photos. I know what you mean about the Takumi being round and photographing as though it has facets... the trick of the light/urushi/shinystuff, eh?

Interesting what Siv wrote that his Mikado didn't show off the tame-midori as well as he would have liked. Let's here it for facets! *ahem*

Tame-midori is a sweet colour on a faceted pen. I had a mikado in Tame-midori but it didn't show the green as well as I'd like. Perhaps my wallet is happy that our Winedoc has ceased his enabling.

Perhaps once he gets his life back so to speak, our Winedoc will post some maddening eye-candy from time to time. In the meantime, there's always those Nakaya mavens tempting away with their recent treasures...

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

Let's here it for facets! *ahem*

Yes! One day I'll create a Venn diagram to show my fountain pen desires - one of the circles will be for facets, guaranteed. :)

Currently using:Too many pens inked to list, I must cut back! :) I can guarantee there are flighters, urushi, and/or Sheaffer Vac-fillers in the mix!!!

Managed to take some pictures of my tame-midori regular Octagon.

Kudos to you, elderberry -- you have captured the beauty of the midori! GORGEOUS photos of gorgeous pens!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Let's here it for facets! *ahem*

Yes! One day I'll create a Venn diagram to show my fountain pen desires - one of the circles will be for facets, guaranteed. :)

Uh... please do. You forced me to look up 'Venn diagrams.' Ya never know what you're gonna learn on FPN! happyberet.gif

Thanks! :embarrassed_smile:

@Siv: I know exactly what you mean! That Takumi is really dark too. It looks plain black most of the time - unless it's being held next to black or catches a ray of sunlight (or is being tickled by a flash unit). The Octagon is a bit lighter overall but the facets are what makes it a green pen as opposed to a black pen with a greenish tinge.

Read more about me, my pens, photography & so on my little blog

@Siv: I know exactly what you mean! That Takumi is really dark too. It looks plain black most of the time - unless it's being held next to black or catches a ray of sunlight (or is being tickled by a flash unit). The Octagon is a bit lighter overall but the facets are what makes it a green pen as opposed to a black pen with a greenish tinge.

I couldn't agree more.

Ordinary black pen:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5221/5644357320_f786cbb10f_b.jpg

A hint of something special:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5302/5643789571_97e745231d_b.jpg

In the meantime, there's always those Nakaya mavens tempting away with their recent treasures...

I have already fallen for this one. I have a aka-tame decapod twist in the works.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

@Siv, those are great examples of the contrast! Both very beautiful photos, too.

(shhhhhh) I sold my Nakaya Piccolo to get the ki-dame! The SO is a better pen for me than the Piccolo. I think if I did have another Nakaya, the Naka-ai or a decapod would be a good choice for moi in one of the tame urushis. But I think I'd go for another Dani first... all that is theoretical because the pen budget is spent!

Edited by jde

In the meantime, there's always those Nakaya mavens tempting away with their recent treasures...

I have already fallen for this one. I have a aka-tame decapod twist in the works.

Me too! I have a decapod twist in a custom color - fingers crossed, it will be in my hands by the end of December.

Currently using:Too many pens inked to list, I must cut back! :) I can guarantee there are flighters, urushi, and/or Sheaffer Vac-fillers in the mix!!!

Julie,

Beautiful new pen. Congrats! And, wow -- the amount of other nice images of these pens is wonderful.

Thanks, Thomas, I l-o-v-e it! You'll get to see it in person down the road...happyberet.gif

Thanks, Thomas, I l-o-v-e it! You'll get to see it in person down the road...

Looking forward to it! Your Danitrios look great.

Is tame-midori "shiny"? It sure looks like that from the pictures posted. Almost like foil glazed over by urushi...

Not sure if I'm understanding your question right, but the colour is not shimmering. It will stay the same from any angle, though it can still look widely different depending on how much light is available.

There are pens that sport a gold foil pattern or gold lacquer drawing beneath the Urushi, those will shimmer when the pen is looked at from different angles.

Read more about me, my pens, photography & so on my little blog

Is tame-midori "shiny"? It sure looks like that from the pictures posted. Almost like foil glazed over by urushi...

Not sure if I'm understanding your question right, but the colour is not shimmering. It will stay the same from any angle, though it can still look widely different depending on how much light is available.

There are pens that sport a gold foil pattern or gold lacquer drawing beneath the Urushi, those will shimmer when the pen is looked at from different angles.

Yeah, my question was whether it was relfective/shimmery. Sorry for the ambiguity :roflmho: and thanks for answering!

Visit Pen&Design!

@penanddesign

I finally got some (slightly) better photos of my Short Octagon! No writing samples, but a certain Hakumin pen was also hanging out, just waiting around for its siblings to arrive:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8184/8104198733_5b0efd3718_c.jpg

and uncapped

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8194/8104214156_92c89f206d_c.jpg

I'm going to take some more photos tomorrow, hopefully :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8194/8104214156_92c89f206d_c.jpg

Your S.O. has the artist signature on the section! Mine is towards the barrel end. Do you know the artist's name? The artist who did all 3 of my pens was Kosetsu (Tatsuya Todo).

Julie, I was so happy to get it I never even checked out the signature :) - I'll see what I can find out!

Julie, I was so happy to get it I never even checked out the signature :) - I'll see what I can find out!

Kevin will tell you. Unless someone else reading this thread recognizes the signature? happyberet.gif

Beautiful pen, Josh. Love it.