4 hours ago, ENewton said:

Robert Oster Barossa Grape

Diamine Grape

J Herbin Poussiere de Lune

Rohrer & Klingner Scabiosa

Sailor Kobe Suma Purple

TAG Kyoto Soft Snow of Ohara

TAG Kyoto Nurebairo

I recall that Diamine Grape previously gave you much trouble. How is it going now? And do you like the color? 

"Most people enjoy the sight of their own handwriting as they enjoy the smell of their own farts." - W. H. Auden

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• inkstainedruth

• ENewton

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, PithyProlix said:

I recall that Diamine Grape previously gave you much trouble. How is it going now? And do you like the color? 

I try to mitigate flow problems by using Diamine Grape to write only short jots--for example, a notation in my planner--before capping the pen again.  I wouldn't use it to write a whole paragraph or take notes during a meeting, for example; it just isn't fit for use cases in which one might want to stop for a moment to think.  Given these accommodations, when I pick up the pen in the morning, I still expect a hard start, but not one requiring me to run the pen under a water tap.

I filled a pen with Grape only so as to send pgcauk a page comparing several other purple inks with Scabiosa.  It is surely my least used ink. 

I like the color of Grape as it goes down, but it dries a bit redder than I would wish.   

Note that while other users have experienced staining problems with Grape, I have not.  If it stains the converter in the Lamy Safari I am using now, I will report.

I’ve been loaded with Diamine Green Umber for the last couple of days, I think it’s a lovely middle of the road green - nothing spectacular, just a solid performer..

• 1 month later...

Sailor Seiboku ink just came in the mail. As we all know, the same ink can differ vastly in different pens. Right now I'm trying this ink in a Sailor PGS Red supernova and an Edison Collier (I believe), brown with a chatoyance finish. So far the Sailor seems to be the winner.

Edelstein Ruby Red, in the M205 Blue Marble, M nib.

Robert Oster Tokyo Blue Denim, in one of the P22s I bought at the Ohio Pen Show (I think it's got an F nib but it isn't marked).

Noodler's Heart of Darkness, in theNoodler's "Forbidden City" ebonite Konrad.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Using "Kobe - Nada Brown" in honor of Nada from "The Sandman".
I love it!!
Especially with my 1.1 stub...it's just silky smooth, chocolate milk brown and shades so wonderfully.

DeAtramentis Black Currant in a Santini Libra Fine, in which it is close to black.  
Birmingham Pens’  Black Spruce in a Lamy Aion Dark Green with a 1.1 stub.