Which Inks Are You Using Today?

Rate Topic 1

53 minutes ago, Misfit said:

Sailor Bungubox Ink of the Witch, which my brother kindly bought for me, in a TWSBI Eco with 1.1mm stub nib. 

Is it as lovely in real life as it looks in photos online? It seems like a beautiful dark purple ink. Is it well behaved?

I'm also using purple ink - Diamine Grape in a Lamy AL-star

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• ENewton

• chromantic

• amberleadavis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, cactus235 said:

Is it as lovely in real life as it looks in photos online? It seems like a beautiful dark purple ink. Is it well behaved?

I'm also using purple ink - Diamine Grape in a Lamy AL-star

Dark purples are my favorites, and Diamine Grape was the first one I bought, but it is certainly my worst-behaved ink.  Take a look at this thread for other dark purple inks:

My favorite dark purple--in fact, my favorite ink altogether--is Sailor Kobe Suma Purple.  

As for inks I am using today:  TAG Kyoto Soft Snow of Ohara, J Herbin Amethyste de l'Oural, and Birmingham Allegheny River Twilight.

I currently only have three inks, so I’m using those three 🤣

They are LAMY Blue, LAMY black and Waterman Tender Purple (my newest, got it as a present at the start of the month). Btw, is there such a thing as a one dip challenge? I dipped my pen once to test it and was amazed at how long it lasted.

FDDC56F5-ECFA-4DC6-8020-550635661701.jpeg

inkstainedruth

Today, so far, it's been Iroshizuku Yama-guri, in the dark blue Decimo, stub nib; and (very) diluted Colorverse Stars and Stripes, in a black Parker Vector, italic fine nib.  But one of the things I have to do today (finally) is get around to finish testing some inks that are new to me (in between loads of laundry), clearing stuff off the DVR, (maybe) get back to writing, since I'm behind (didn't get to my 7 pages last week, so I have to double up this week), and finish doing the dishes that Mr. Twitch promised me he'd do YESTERDAY MORNING.... :angry:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Lamy Blue and Yama-budo.  Lamy Blue is really growing on me...except for a minor hard start today. Once flowing it’s grand!

16 hours ago, N1003U said:

I think I know that kind of paper. I generally use it to jot shopping lists with a pencil or ballpoint, or to start a fire in the fireplace...😛

I think of it as my worst case scenario paper, for how the ink will look at its most feathery, flat, and awful.

3 hours ago, ENewton said:

Dark purples are my favorites, and Diamine Grape was the first one I bought, but it is certainly my worst-behaved ink.  Take a look at this thread for other dark purple inks:

My favorite dark purple--in fact, my favorite ink altogether--is Sailor Kobe Suma Purple.  

As for inks I am using today:  TAG Kyoto Soft Snow of Ohara, J Herbin Amethyste de l'Oural, and Birmingham Allegheny River Twilight.

Thank you so much!