Which Inks Are You Using Today?

Sagar_C

53 minutes ago, Misfit said:

Sailor Bungubox Ink of the Witch, which my brother kindly bought for me, in a TWSBI Eco with 1.1mm stub nib. 

Is it as lovely in real life as it looks in photos online? It seems like a beautiful dark purple ink. Is it well behaved?

I'm also using purple ink - Diamine Grape in a Lamy AL-star

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• ENewton

• amberleadavis

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, cactus235 said:

Is it as lovely in real life as it looks in photos online? It seems like a beautiful dark purple ink. Is it well behaved?

I'm also using purple ink - Diamine Grape in a Lamy AL-star

Dark purples are my favorites, and Diamine Grape was the first one I bought, but it is certainly my worst-behaved ink.  Take a look at this thread for other dark purple inks:

My favorite dark purple--in fact, my favorite ink altogether--is Sailor Kobe Suma Purple.  

As for inks I am using today:  TAG Kyoto Soft Snow of Ohara, J Herbin Amethyste de l'Oural, and Birmingham Allegheny River Twilight.

I currently only have three inks, so I’m using those three 🤣

They are LAMY Blue, LAMY black and Waterman Tender Purple (my newest, got it as a present at the start of the month). Btw, is there such a thing as a one dip challenge? I dipped my pen once to test it and was amazed at how long it lasted.

FDDC56F5-ECFA-4DC6-8020-550635661701.jpeg

Today, so far, it's been Iroshizuku Yama-guri, in the dark blue Decimo, stub nib; and (very) diluted Colorverse Stars and Stripes, in a black Parker Vector, italic fine nib.  But one of the things I have to do today (finally) is get around to finish testing some inks that are new to me (in between loads of laundry), clearing stuff off the DVR, (maybe) get back to writing, since I'm behind (didn't get to my 7 pages last week, so I have to double up this week), and finish doing the dishes that Mr. Twitch promised me he'd do YESTERDAY MORNING.... :angry:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Lamy Blue and Yama-budo.  Lamy Blue is really growing on me...except for a minor hard start today. Once flowing it’s grand!

16 hours ago, N1003U said:

I think I know that kind of paper. I generally use it to jot shopping lists with a pencil or ballpoint, or to start a fire in the fireplace...😛

I think of it as my worst case scenario paper, for how the ink will look at its most feathery, flat, and awful.

3 hours ago, ENewton said:

Dark purples are my favorites, and Diamine Grape was the first one I bought, but it is certainly my worst-behaved ink.  Take a look at this thread for other dark purple inks:

My favorite dark purple--in fact, my favorite ink altogether--is Sailor Kobe Suma Purple.  

As for inks I am using today:  TAG Kyoto Soft Snow of Ohara, J Herbin Amethyste de l'Oural, and Birmingham Allegheny River Twilight.

Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...

I am working on finishing my fill of TAG Kyoto Soft Snow of Ohara, in my Sailor 1911S pen, and my fill of J Herbin Amethyste de l'Oural, in my Shaeffer Viewpoints calligraphy pen.  

One of my inevitable questions about a pen and ink combination is whether it will allow me to mark up in a paperback book without significant show through, and I've been happy to discover that the 1911S--with a medium nib, not even a fine--and Soft Snow of Ohara work perfectly in the Robert Musil novel I am currently reading.  Obviously, paper factors into the equation; the book in question is a New York Review Books paperback.

I've just received a bottle of Rohrer & Klingner Dokumentus Black 50ml. It is a good black ink and so far seems to be working well in two pens, one f nib and the other an M nib. The water test was excellent.

Edit:  I would add though that in the only two pens I've used this ink in has shown signs of skipping - a little in Cleo Skribant Classic f nib and more in the Pelikan M200 with m nib. So "maybe" this ink is not so free flowing as the De Atramentis document inks where I have had absolutely no problem. However, the R&K ink is very good and it appears to be a small problem and I will see what happens in other pens.

Papier Plume Oyster Grey in my Edison Collier Molten Ores seems to fit the mood of a cold rainy winter day.

6 minutes ago, Aysedasi said:

I've just inked up an Olive Parker 45 with Monteverde Copper Noir.....

I like that ink!

New fills of

KWZ Green Gold in an Edison Beaumont pn.

Sailor Bungbox Nostalgia in the Edison Collier LE "Metallurgy"

and still going strong

Monteverde Horizon Blue in an Edison Mina LE in Denim Ebonite

IMG_633538713.thumb.jpg.cf562c4530774979f99a001173941692.jpg

This afternoon I finished the fill of TAG Soft Snow of Ohara that had been in my Sailor 1911S Wicked Witch of the West pen for about a month.

Then this evening I filled a Pilot Prera F with Birmingham Lilac Wind.  I also decided to start using my Platinum Balance M, filled with Birmingham Allegheny River Twilight, which I filled about four weeks ago with the idea of testing how quickly the ink would evaporate if the pen were left unused.  In contrast with another user's report of almost complete evaporation after two months, I notice almost none after four weeks and see no reason to think that the process would accelerate from this point on if I persisted in the experiment.  

Oh you had asked about Wicked Witch pen.  I got it but haven't really done much with it yet.  Inked it up with some of the Sailor Studio #943 sample I ordered at the same time (and am trying Sailor Studio #650 in the other 1911S, Loch Ness Monster, with an MF nib -- which seems more of a straight Japanese F to me).

Not sure what I think of the music nib on the Wicked Witch pen (which is better looking in better light than the one I saw when I was in Bromfield Pen Shop in Boston last fall).  The Loch Ness Monster was a bit of a disappointment -- in person it's darker and a bit more teal than I was expecting from the online retailers' photos (flash photography -- especially owner LED ligts vs. an old style incascent 3-way iightbulb).  But it turns out to be a slightly bluer version color than my Pelikan M120 Iconic Blue -- so the pen color is growing on me....

Ruth Morrisson aka instainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

So far De Atramentis Red Brown in a red Lamy Safari, and Monteverde Mulberry Noir in a Mint Blue TWSBI Mini Diamond. Both pens have 1.1mm nibs. 

Once I get to my letter a day for today, I’ll be using more pens and inks. 

Posted Image