Which Inks Are You Using Today?

Sagar_C

What I have inked up at the moment:

Lamy 2000, EF - Noodler's Liberty's Elysium

Conklin All American, Yellowstone, F - Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black 

Pilot Metro Retro, Marigold, F - Pelikan 4001 Konigsblau (Kings Blue)

Wing Sung 601, F - Noodler's 5 O'Clock Shadow

Ed - "Whether it’s the best of times or the worst of times, it’s the only time we’ve got."

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• ENewton

• amberleadavis

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Diamine Blue Velvet

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I gave "Sailor - Manyo Shirakashi" another try yesterday...nope nope NOOOOOPE.
I still hate it.
Dumped that ink-fill down the sink and switched-up to "Sailor - Ink Studio #162" as soon as I got home yesterday.
Still rocking #162 today and LOVING it...why did I ever leave?

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

I just looked Manyo Shirakashi up and I *quite* understand your opinion of the color.... 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

15 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

I just looked Manyo Shirakashi up and I *quite* understand your opinion of the color.... 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I always try to step away from inks that I don't initially love...and give them a try at a later date. It works for scents...I figured it would work for inks as well because body chemistry changes over time.
I think that it's just a universal experience that I do not like olive green, murky olive green or very deep green...though I love lighter and mid-tone shades of green ("Vinta - Sirena", "Yoseka - Origin.01", "Sailor - Ink Studio #162", "Montblanc - Irish Green")
All of the inks that I've had in that range just turn me off.
From "Penbbs-#502 (The Rains), to "Monteverde - Malachite", to "Sailor - Manyo Shirakashi" .....they all are just horrid to me. 🤮

(Hah!! The puke emoji has that same nasty green!!)

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

1 hour ago, Detman101 said:

I always try to step away from inks that I don't initially love...and give them a try at a later date. It works for scents...I figured it would work for inks as well because body chemistry changes over time.
I think that it's just a universal experience that I do not like olive green, murky olive green or very deep green...though I love lighter and mid-tone shades of green ("Vinta - Sirena", "Yoseka - Origin.01", "Sailor - Ink Studio #162", "Montblanc - Irish Green")
All of the inks that I've had in that range just turn me off.
From "Penbbs-#502 (The Rains), to "Monteverde - Malachite", to "Sailor - Manyo Shirakashi" .....they all are just horrid to me. 🤮

(Hah!! The puke emoji has that same nasty green!!)

You are going to come around to these types of greens (well, maybe not Monteverde Malachite...) - may take a long time but you will. Just don't compare them to your favored greens - yes, they are all green but they are worlds apart. (I'd gladly take Penbbs 502 and Shirakashi off your hands if I still lived in the US! Wish I could source 502 at a reasonable price from where I live - looks superb - right up my alley.) 

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

Sailor Bungubox Ink of the Witch in a TWSBI Eco in black with 1.1mm stub nib. 

De Atramentis Franklin D. Roosevelt (Tungsten Violet in the regular line) in a Franklin-Christoph model 31 Omnis in smoke and ice with a Masuyama broad cursive italic nib. 

Posted Image

Lamy 'Topaz' crystal, KWZ IG Blue black and KWZ 'Warsaw Dreaming' Black blue! No way to finesse it.. there's a commotion outside. It's an intense, stormy night here and these are my tempestuous colours!

vf

πTom

4 hours ago, Misfit said:

Sailor Bungubox Ink of the Witch in a TWSBI Eco in black with 1.1mm stub nib. 

De Atramentis Franklin D. Roosevelt (Tungsten Violet in the regular line) in a Franklin-Christoph model 31 Omnis in smoke and ice with a Masuyama broad cursive italic nib. 

Happy pages to you!  So far I have found only one writing sample of Tungsten Violet online, and it looks alluring.

Today I am writing with Sailor Kobe Suma Purple, my favorite ink (and not unlike Ink of the Witch).

I am also using Robert Oster Barossa Grape, having finally found an extra-fine nib wet enough for that ink to be legible.

And, in my brush pen, TAG Kyoto Nurebairo, a black that is really the darkest of blues.

This might be kindv large, but resizing lost ink detail.

I became slightly fixated on finding a pink ink to match the rhodochrosite. I don't know why, but I went with it. I like it!

863884055_IMG_20210906_161954391_HDR2.thumb.jpg.55b4fa790654f01fd30e2c918904b6a0.jpg

Hm. The ink lost detail, anyway, just from rotating the image. The words written in Pilot Blue look green-leaning or tealish, which the ink is not. That's the one that caught my attention immediately. The others are close enough.

Edited by ethernautrix
Commentary

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

3 hours ago, ethernautrix said:

This might be kindv large, but resizing lost ink detail.

I became slightly fixated on finding a pink ink to match the rhodochrosite. I don't know why, but I went with it. I like it!

863884055_IMG_20210906_161954391_HDR2.thumb.jpg.55b4fa790654f01fd30e2c918904b6a0.jpg

Hm. The ink lost detail, anyway, just from rotating the image. The words written in Pilot Blue look green-leaning or tealish, which the ink is not. That's the one that caught my attention immediately. The others are close enough.

Are Pilot Blue and Namiki Blue the same ink?

17 hours ago, ENewton said:

Happy pages to you!  So far I have found only one writing sample of Tungsten Violet online, and it looks alluring.

Today I am writing with Sailor Kobe Suma Purple, my favorite ink (and not unlike Ink of the Witch).

I am also using Robert Oster Barossa Grape, having finally found an extra-fine nib wet enough for that ink to be legible.

And, in my brush pen, TAG Kyoto Nurebairo, a black that is really the darkest of blues.

Here is some writing with the Tungsten Violet (Franklin D Roosevelt) ink by De Atramentis. 

024ED674-9A96-4428-91BF-F0DB55319EA1.jpeg

825EEA82-2E96-4E4A-B34A-73821C92F2B2.jpeg

Posted Image

Noodler's American Aristocracy. A sometimes maroon, sometimes brown, bottle of madness

Picked this up on Sunday at the most incredible stationary shop in London's Covent Garden - CHOOSING KEEPING. (You MUST visit)

I fell for the colour knowing it'd play well with my Gris Nuage style washes when sketching. What I didn't do was read the small print. 😬

Fast drying invariably means feathering 😩

Thankfully it doesn't feather on my watercolour paper but it does on pretty much everything else I've tried apart from Tomoe River.

fpn_noodlers_american_aristocracy.jpg.e07b6d143c924805358d4cc7079b744f.jpgfpn_noodlers_american_aristocracy_bottle.jpg.7b5dce27437e3c3696708e2d8f0293c0.jpgfpn_noodlers_american_aristocracy_bottle_photo.jpg.c459f637789e3625ce714358740139d6.jpgfpn_noodlers_american_aristocracy_bottle_smallprint.jpg.58b2d9072cdcb3dc2c55e39017466c35.jpg

me_choosing_keeping.jpg

35 minutes ago, Tas said:

Noodler's American Aristocracy. A sometimes maroon, sometimes brown, bottle of madness

Picked this up on Sunday at the most incredible stationary shop in London's Covent Garden - CHOOSING KEEPING. (You MUST visit)

I fell for the colour knowing it'd play well with my Gris Nuage style washes when sketching. What I didn't do was read the small print. 😬

Fast drying invariably means feathering 😩

Thankfully it doesn't feather on my watercolour paper but it does on pretty much everything else I've tried apart from Tomoe River.

fpn_noodlers_american_aristocracy.jpg.e07b6d143c924805358d4cc7079b744f.jpgfpn_noodlers_american_aristocracy_bottle.jpg.7b5dce27437e3c3696708e2d8f0293c0.jpgfpn_noodlers_american_aristocracy_bottle_photo.jpg.c459f637789e3625ce714358740139d6.jpgfpn_noodlers_american_aristocracy_bottle_smallprint.jpg.58b2d9072cdcb3dc2c55e39017466c35.jpg

me_choosing_keeping.jpg

Bah! I wanted that one to be a usable ink. Given the history it could be due to some animosity from a certain Yankee. 😉

Thanks for the warning.

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

3 minutes ago, PithyProlix said:

Bah! I wanted that one to be a usable ink. Given the history it could be due to some animosity from a certain Yankee. 😉

Thanks for the warning.

You're welcome 😊

Pen is filled with "Sailor - Manyo Nadeshiko" and it's soooo pleasant to write with.
From flow, to appearance, to feel...just wonderful.

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg