Which Inks Are You Using Today?

Sagar_C

1 hour ago, kulnet said:

Today I am using Diamine Green Black. I'm a big fan.

That seems great for something in a really dark green.

1 hour ago, lonelyboy said:

Today:

Parker Duofold Green Mosaic Centennial Fin nib

Taccia Uguisu Olive Green

1178823013_2021-04-2319_46_52.thumb.jpg.0b9ac51941fd91afd10e3d2430056613.jpg

That color might also look good coming out of my green Lamy Studio...thanks for sharing!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• ENewton

• amberleadavis

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

20210422_011.thumb.jpg.206124f3824b298873842a04d61176fd.jpg20210422_010.thumb.jpg.f5fc694ab0f7f502348b8ae8b81659d2.jpg20210422_009.thumb.jpg.740e2b38197bbfd37eb191312f45c0ea.jpg20210422_008.thumb.jpg.48ad96c4f2c17b9cfbd3fcae89f446e2.jpgThe last few days, I have been playing with the Sweet Life collection from Monteverde.  I've been having fun.

That Blue Velvet Cake looks like a really nice blue!  (Oh, like I really need Yet Another™ blue ink.... :wallbash:)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

11 hours ago, N1003U said:

I occurs to me that my green pens are almost always inked with some kind of green ink, except my Green-Black Pelikans. They are among my oldest and most beloved pens, and I suppose on traditional grounds typically inked with blue-black or black.

I have a Lamy Studio in Olive that I thought was perfect with Edelstein Olivine, and I used that combo for a long time. Then, for a while, I found I liked Iroshizuku Shin-ryoku better in that pen, and then I spent a bit of time with 4001 Dark Green in the pen, and now I have been using R&K Alt Goldgrün in the pen for few months.

Yes, at least speaking for me, my taste in green ink seems to be quite fickle. Perhaps that is part of the reason I have a tough time warming up to teals even though I am intrigued by them. I am not sure I have ever met a blue I didn't like, at least a little, and usually a lot.

Edelstein Olivine is still a great ink though, and it lives now part-time by me in an M205 Olivine pen, when that pen is in rotation. 

I haven't warmed up to teals or turquoises even though I bought them for years before I realized that I never used them.  I really enjoy yellow leaning greens, the perfect ink for doodles.  :). Then blues, oh the purple leaning blues make me happy.  My current ink of for today is Diamine Winter Miracle.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Today was new FP, new ink, and new deluxe converter day, yeah!

So, a Jetpens how-to video on using a deluxe piston converter was simple, and quite possibly foolproof?

The Parker Sonnet, Deluxe converter, and Bad Belted Kingfisher- BBK ink were all new! A postcard to an FPN member was the real test. A smallish bit of ink remained near the index finger on my writing hand (still there), and the results on my test page, and postcard were good. I particularly like this blue/ black color when it dries.

Thanks to many of you, I've noted many recommended FP paper choices from local sources, and the web!

-John

I played with inks today and some pens that I haven't used in a long time.

large.PXL_20210424_020521993.jpg.ad683da0dfefe9ec9fb82cf0fa1945c8.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

And these are the two inks I've been using continuously for the past few months.

Diamine Magical Forest and Winter Miracle.

large.PXL_20210309_020704387.jpg.e98c95c7fe6d043e44130537eb6acb9f.jpg

On 4/23/2021 at 7:37 PM, amberleadavis said:

And these are the two inks I've been using continuously for the past few months.

Diamine Magical Forest and Winter Miracle.

large.PXL_20210309_020704387.jpg.e98c95c7fe6d043e44130537eb6acb9f.jpg

Gorgeous! I love the sparkly inks, but am nervous about putting them in my nicer pens.

On 4/22/2021 at 6:54 PM, amberleadavis said:

It is funny how tastes change.  I would have thought that combo would be perfect.  

It's just slightly too dry for this pen. Of course, the inks been in there since January. Not bad, but not utter persnickety perfection. 🧐

Today it's Diamine for Cult Pens Iridescink Maureen in my Pelikan Blue and Black M800 with a broad cursive italic nib. I do love blue ink on blue paper.

IMG_2332.jpeg

23 hours ago, DilettanteG said:

Gorgeous! I love the sparkly inks, but am nervous about putting them in my nicer pens.

I have two of the sparkly JHerbin inks in my Franklin Christoph pens, both steel, a fine and an extra fine.  It’s been a few weeks, no problems so far.  No hard starts, no flow issues - both write perfectly every time.

On 4/25/2021 at 10:25 AM, DilettanteG said:

3 hours ago, Geslina said:

I have two of the sparkly JHerbin inks in my Franklin Christoph pens, both steel, a fine and an extra fine.  It’s been a few weeks, no problems so far.  No hard starts, no flow issues - both write perfectly every time.

I have them in pens that are expensive for me, and I have them in some cheap pens.  While I would not call these particularly well-behaved inks, I've had remarkably little trouble. I would say use them in pens that are easy to clean and don't let the inks dry out.

20 hours ago, Geslina said:

I have two sparkly inks, J Herbin Amethyste de l'Oural and De Atramentis Brilliant Violet with Copper.  I would not hesitate to use the J Herbin ink in any cartridge/converter pen, given that the load of glitter is so modest.  By contrast, Brilliant Violet with Copper has loads of glitter; I wouldn't use it any pen other than my (now very free flowing) Kaweco Sport eyedropper. 

11 hours ago, ENewton said:

I have two sparkly inks, J Herbin Amethyste de l'Oural and De Atramentis Brilliant Violet with Copper.  I would not hesitate to use the J Herbin ink in any cartridge/converter pen, given that the load of glitter is so modest.  By contrast, Brilliant Violet with Copper has loads of glitter; I wouldn't use it any pen other than my (now very free flowing) Kaweco Sport eyedropper. 

Oh wow, two purples after my own heart, I'll drop in this note with Montblanc Beatles so that you can compare.  You would also adore Diamine Winter Miracle. I'll send you a letter with that too.

PXL_20210428_002051172.thumb.jpg.25f6c666b3898ae5a0457bdb4501e443.jpg

On 4/24/2021 at 3:14 AM, amberleadavis said:

I played with inks today and some pens that I haven't used in a long time.

large.PXL_20210424_020521993.jpg.ad683da0dfefe9ec9fb82cf0fa1945c8.jpg

I love the look of the Iced Cookie, anyone know where I might be able to get that in the UK? I had a look but Cult Pens don’t have the ‘Sweet Life’ range - that looks like a 9must have’ dark teal!!

14 hours ago, The Mustard said:

I love the look of the Iced Cookie, anyone know where I might be able to get that in the UK? I had a look but Cult Pens don’t have the ‘Sweet Life’ range - that looks like a 9must have’ dark teal!!

Iced Cookie is very well behaved too.  I think Monteverde renames some of their inks to put them in the line up, but I don't know that for sure.

On 4/25/2021 at 11:39 AM, DilettanteG said:

It's just slightly too dry for this pen. Of course, the inks been in there since January. Not bad, but not utter persnickety perfection. 🧐

Today it's Diamine for Cult Pens Iridescink Maureen in my Pelikan Blue and Black M800 with a broad cursive italic nib. I do love blue ink on blue paper.

IMG_2332.jpeg

That combo is beautiful!

On 4/26/2021 at 8:22 PM, lonelyboy said:

Today:

Conklin All American Walnut M nib

Monteverde Napa Burgundy

881349947_2021-04-2614_42_06.thumb.jpg.ae0fa768c42d7f6c98ac01f91c5468fb.jpg

Very nice!

Welcome aboard!