A Public Announcement From Winedoc

winedoc

Thanks for all the kind remarks and sentiments. MUCH appreciated.

Please do not worry as I am still here and happy to answer any questions regarding Danitrio.

over the course of next few months, Danitrio will have other dealers carrying their pens, so until then, I am still here to help out any way I can.

My old customers need not worry, as in the near future, they still have the options of going through me or new dealers for their Danitrio pens.

The way I look at this is that more choices are always good.

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• winedoc

• jlepens

• tenney

• Soot

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks, Kevin, for all these years of devoted service to Danitrio and to us, your customers and friends. I treasure all my Danitrios, but as Lisa has said, the Fellowship pen is unique. That is one of my most valued pens and one I turn to very often for writing. It's just right for my hand and every day I look at it, it impresses me with its beauty and subtlety. And I especially appreciate your willingness to continue to serve your long-term customers! Your service has been outstanding in every way. My very best wishes to you with my heartfelt thanks.

Thanks for all the kind remarks and sentiments. MUCH appreciated.

Please do not worry as I am still here and happy to answer any questions regarding Danitrio.

over the course of next few months, Danitrio will have other dealers carrying their pens, so until then, I am still here to help out any way I can.

My old customers need not worry, as in the near future, they still have the options of going through me or new dealers for their Danitrio pens.

The way I look at this is that more choices are always good.

Kevin

This means you have more time to attend pen posse. Now I know what you are going to say. I have a plan.

We'll call a pen posse at a golf course. You can send your kids out for 18 holes. Make them play from the blue tees and they have to walk the course. That should give you plenty of time to pen posse.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Kevin, if you'll be at a pen posse... I'll be there! (ok, except for 10-11 November when I'm busy running a special conference, so please please NOT that weekend!) Might someplace nearer your house entice you?

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Kevin,

Sorry to be loosing you as my pen push.... eeeerrrrr dealer.

I will miss your fair and honest dealings.

Best of luck. Maybe we can do business again in the future.

Dwight

Dwight

If at first you succeed,

try not to act surprised.

This means you have more time to attend pen posse. Now I know what you are going to say. I have a plan.

We'll call a pen posse at a golf course. You can send your kids out for 18 holes. Make them play from the blue tees and they have to walk the course. That should give you plenty of time to pen posse.

Hey Ricky,

If I can survive October, then I will have more time for sure in November for meeting up. One reason I can't make it to SF show this year is that I have to give talks at a conference that same weekend. I know, super bummer indeed. Oh, well, hoping things will lighten up a bit soon.

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

:( from us all here.

I always hoped you'd come back to the D.C. show again. Maybe now you can come as a guest and just enjoy it!

Thanks for being such a great person to buy from and for always taking the time to answer my questions. I wish you all the best as you concentrate on other things!

-priscilla

Kevin, my heart is broken.

And not just because you won't be selling Dani's any longer. I truly used to love your posts as to when a new pen was available, and your descriptions of each, which showed just how much you focused on the details. I also found that your after sale service was second to none.

No matter; I understand your rationale for tapering off, and completely understand. Having said that, I do have a Mikado in need of a little TLC....

the Danitrio Fellowship

It is sad that new buyers won't get to enjoy your superlative customer service, but speaking for myself, I'm happier than ever that I bought my very first Danitrio just a few months ago from you -- that should make me an "existing customer" of yours, right? :) All the more reason to treasure my baby Genkai!

S.T. Dupont Ellipsis 18kt M nib

Opus 88 Flow steel M nib

Waterman Man 100 Patrician Coral Red 18kt factory stub nib

Franklin-Christoph Model 19 with Masuyama 0.7mm steel cursive italic nib

Thank you for being such a great source of information and Danitrio pens; I was fortunate enough to buy my Kaguyahime from you when I did. All the best for your future endeavours!

I missed the announcent - work just went crazy. I just want to say a word to thank you, Dr Cheng: you are so kind in indulding the weirdest fantasies about Danitrio pens. Having a dealer like you on this very forum, so caring for potential customers, and so open to very various questions and desires... well, that was quite unheard of, and I hope Danitrio people are aware of all the good you your kindness did to them.

I wrote a book with a pen you sold me, my first "expensive" pen, and then I did find the perfect pen thanks to you, and am writing the next one mainly with it. Once more, thank you so much!!

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :crybaby:

GP said it all.

As a father of four young girls I can easily understand the workload involved with growing kids, so I can only say I'm sorry for Kevin's decision, but I understand and appreciate it.

As a Danitrio's customer, a new European distributor should/could be a good new, but we will see.

I'm a bit worried about the distribution chain they will use and the end price they will try to charge.

As a winedoc's customer I can only praise the friendly support I had (long layaway plans included...).

Edited by enricof

Ciao - Enrico

Diplomat #1961

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/enricofacchin/poker-3.jpg

Daddy, please no more pens - we need food, clothes, books, DENTISTRY...

Hi Kevin,

We all thank you for being such a nice person. You have sent to me five DaniKevin memories here in Greece.

Thank you!!

http://imageshack.us/a/img337/6467/97789035.jpg

Still missing the "White Stripe" MYU and black brother MYU with transparent section!

(Has somebody a "Murex" with a working clock?

(Thanks to Steve I found the "Black Stripe Capless" and the "White Stripe Capless")

I will not be completely out of selling pens and will continue to take care of my old customers, and any pens I have sold in the past.

So, Kevin, that means we can still source our Danitrio(s) from you, yes? :-)

Thanks for all the kind sentiments. I will continue to take care of my old customers and pens they have already bought, but will not be actively seeking out new ones as I have reached what I am able to handle and provide good services.

Danitrio needs to expand. I am very thankful that they took a chance on me, someone has no prior selling experiences. I had a long chat with Danitrio and our relationship remains comitted and amicable, so no problems there.

Best

Kevin

========================

Who you calling OLD, Kevin? :)

time marches on... I had such a good time meeting the Dani trio family on my trip to Japan and the GGBridge Pen that you facilitated for me is one of my

treasures... I hope to see you at upcoming pen shows even if you're only there as a spectator!

cheers

skip

aka skyppere

I can only echo the thoughts of others. Thank you Kevin for being such a marvelous advocate for these wonderful pens! And, as someone who tries (pretty unsuccessfully) to combine full time employment with a second 'job' that is really just a hobby that's got out of hand, I can completely understand where you're coming from.

It's exciting to hear that Dani may be about to appoint a dealer in Europe, but I'm also glad that you'll continue to support your existing clients - it always helps when you know the person at the other end of the email is someone you can really trust!

All best wishes for the future Kevin!!

D A N i T R i O f e l l o w s h i p

Kevin,

I'm hoping for the best for you and family. Ours was a strange relationship...you helped me with a couple of Dani trios even though you didn't sell me them! I thought that was the pinnacle of customer service and I commend you for it. I can't imagine any other pen dealer doing that. Dani trio is losing a fantastic dealer.

Thank You

Bob

• 5 months later...

I only found out about this at the LAIPS from Ricky. I totally understand. So many of my friends are chauffeurs for their kids hectic lives. Enjoy your time with them, that is very important time well spent.

Good luck with work! It has been crazy this year.

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg