How Do You Display Your Inks?

amberleadavis

So, I decided to display my cool bottle so ink. How about you?

http://sheismylawyer.com/INK/attachments/IMG033_small.jpg

And here is a larger picture.

IMG033_small.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Fuzzy_Bear

• lgsoltek

• HalloweenHJB

Gorgeous! I really need to do something about my ink situation. It has ballooned to something like 45 bottles, and they're all stored in 2 cardboard banker's boxes. Part of the reason is that I want to protect them from light, but mostly I'm just lazy.

Gorgeous! I really need to do something about my ink situation. It has ballooned to something like 45 bottles, and they're all stored in 2 cardboard banker's boxes. Part of the reason is that I want to protect them from light, but mostly I'm just lazy.

Me too! Really need to find a way to store/display these... am starting to forget what's in that bottom box.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpgMember since July 2012... so many inks, so little time!

To err is human, to make a real mess, you need a computer.

Really beautiful display. If I may ask, what kind of ink is that on the left of the bottom shelf, in the blue bottle between the Skrip and the red inkwell? Very interesting design. Thanks.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpgMember since July 2012... so many inks, so little time!

I recently bought a cheap pine box from Amazon to store my inks. I spray-painted the outside with white enamel paint, and left the inside bare (lazy!). The hinges are small and not very strong so I have added some picture wire, to stop the lid opening too far.

The box is full already. Well, maybe I can fit one more small bottle in. I don't need any more ink, but....... :embarrassed_smile:

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

Wow you got yourself a nice collection of inks! I just have a couple of bottles lying on my desk in no particular order.

Emilio Villegas

Really beautiful display. If I may ask, what kind of ink is that on the left of the bottom shelf, in the blue bottle between the Skrip and the red inkwell? Very interesting design. Thanks.

I think it's the Duke ink. I bought it at Bertrams.

https://www.bertramsinkwell.com/Duke-Ink/

Duke-Black-Ink-015-01.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Oops, duplicate post.

Edited by amberleadavis

That cabinet is the perfect match for FP inks. They go together like <insert overused quaint phrase>.

I like the way you've interspersed the inks and the books with each other. Nicely done.

I'm still in the process of trying to find ideal storage. Right now, some bottles are on my dresser, some are in a small fabric covered casket on top of the dresser, and some, as well as the 2 vial trays, are on the hutch for that dresser, but the hutch itself is in the hallway outside the bedroom.

I want something that has either shelves or drawers that are easy to get bottles in and out of, with some deep enough for the larger Noodler's bottles to stand upright in their boxes. It needs to be large enough for ink bottle expansion (and possibly also old, filled journals), but small enough (and inexpensive enough) to fit into the bedroom, since that's mostly where I store and fill pens.

I was sort of looking at these stackable storage cubes from Michaels, but they're not ideal -- I'd have to assemble them, they're painted white, and they seem kinda cheesy. I wrote to Michael's and finally got an answer back a few weeks ago saying that the weight limit of the drawers is about 10-15 lbs., which means I'd have to weigh bottles and estimate how much more they'd weigh full, and how many I could pack into a drawer with that weight limit.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

That's the one! thanks. I feel another ink purchase coming on <G>

3D plans for an ink rack to be made out of wood by a friend. It'll be 18" long with a 30 degree backwards tilt.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/387391_4751695074950_1278074840_n.jpg

I'll post photos when she has it done (I hope by this Sunday.)

Edited by P.A.R.

Assume no affiliation to recommendations.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc453/NoodlersCreaper/sig0001.jpg

Alternative Noodler's Ahab Nibs

"Free" Custom Fountain Pen Cases

Yet another ink purchased just for the bottle.

3D plans for an ink rack to be made out of wood by a friend. It'll be 18" long with a 30 degree backwards tilt.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/387391_4751695074950_1278074840_n.jpg

We look forward to seeing it .... Um, will it stack so you can add more. Sort of like how the old CD ones used to stack?

Was the 3D model produced in Sketchup?

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

Was the 3D model produced in Sketchup?

Yep. I find it a very useful and intuitive program to use for applications and projects like this one. You can work with just a handful of size specifications (here the wood thickness and width of the flooring that would be used), easily manipulate the geometry, and measure everything exactly when you're done. And it's free :thumbup:

We look forward to seeing it .... Um, will it stack so you can add more. Sort of like how the old CD ones used to stack?

Probably not. I only have five inks in my collection right now and don't see myself having more than a black, some blues, one or two browns, and one or two purples. And Noodler's Blue Ghost, which is now my assigned annotating color.

If I do expand beyond that I can make another rack. :hmm1:

Assume no affiliation to recommendations.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc453/NoodlersCreaper/sig0001.jpg

Alternative Noodler's Ahab Nibs

"Free" Custom Fountain Pen Cases

This is not a very recent picture, as I have several more bottles that aren't shown (need a new picture), but just picture a lot less room now.

fpn_1348975076__ink_window_display.jpg

I'm still in the process of trying to find ideal storage. Right now, some bottles are on my dresser, some are in a small fabric covered casket on top of the dresser, and some, as well as the 2 vial trays, are on the hutch for that dresser, but the hutch itself is in the hallway outside the bedroom.

I want something that has either shelves or drawers that are easy to get bottles in and out of, with some deep enough for the larger Noodler's bottles to stand upright in their boxes. It needs to be large enough for ink bottle expansion (and possibly also old, filled journals), but small enough (and inexpensive enough) to fit into the bedroom, since that's mostly where I store and fill pens.

I was sort of looking at these stackable storage cubes from Michaels, but they're not ideal -- I'd have to assemble them, they're painted white, and they seem kinda cheesy. I wrote to Michael's and finally got an answer back a few weeks ago saying that the weight limit of the drawers is about 10-15 lbs., which means I'd have to weigh bottles and estimate how much more they'd weigh full, and how many I could pack into a drawer with that weight limit.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Count Dracula's ink?

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png