The Nakayas Have Landed!

ethernautrix

Where the bleep are the pictures? Stop writing with those pens and do the right thing: post pictures. Priorities!

I can't stop buying pens and it scares me.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• byronss

• geoduc

• reprieve

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Lisa, you're welcome for the poem. Originally composed by a joyful 5 year old while she anticipated spending the day with her Godfather. I'm happy to say that your excitement reminded me of her inspired exuberance.

Made my day. Thanks :happyberet:

"It's Godfather Day"

~j goldstein

Edited by karmakoda

Congratulations, Lisa!

I gather you are ... content ... with your new Nakaya's. ;)

I'm really eager to compare the Naka-ai with the Neo-standard at the SF Pen Show. The "Nakaya Shield" is still upright, but only because it's being propped up by the prospect of being able to fondle a variety of Nakaya's in a few weeks. Gratification is easier to delay if you know it will eventually be immense.

In the meantime, a bit of vicarious gratification has been provided for which I thank you. It would be better if there were some photos of your new prizes, naturally. No rush. Any time ... like right now, for example.

David

All y'all are crackin' me up! Mirosc, I skipped seven, hee, went from six to eight -- fraternal twins.

Okay, here are the inked Nakayas, the ones I had on me today. Guess which two are new!

fpn_1348710332__it-20120926_six_nakayas_3213.jpg

Edited by ethernautrix

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I'm looking at the photograph, and I'm thinking, Those are mine?! I must be a good person. Or something. Ha ha ha.

The harder question is... which ones are coming out of rotation?

Which begets the question, I'm taking any of them out of rotation?!

Maybe not. Cos the SF Pen Show is less than two weeks away. By the way, I'll be helping out at John Mottishaw's table during the show, here and there. Not for full days, cos I have other missions (muwahhahahahaaaaa!) (I don't know what I'm talking about).

Oh my goodness, this excitement has exhausted me.

:-)

Edited by ethernautrix

etherX in To Miasto

Beautiful collection! :puddle:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing"-Socrates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All y'all are crackin' me up! Mirosc, I skipped seven, hee, went from six to eight -- fraternal twins.

Okay, here are the inked Nakayas, the ones I had on me today. Guess which two are new!

fpn_1348710332__it-20120926_six_nakayas_3213.jpg

From the left #4 and 5??

the Danitrio Fellowship

Lisa: Thank you for the photos. The longest one and the one with the clip are the newest? Now I can get a good night's rest. dreaming of your pens. Minor whiplash and compression/stress fracture of lower back. Pain is tolerable with Motrin. 18 yo who borrowed Dad's Company car w/o asking and was cell phoning in a city with a $100 fine for driving and using the phone. Minimally enforced like running red lights. But so goes life. Very happy for you. You deserve the Nakaya's and will enjoy using them. Jim

Very nice pens. I should stop looking at the Nakaya website. There are a couple of nice pens that I wouldn't mind having -- eventually.

Smith Premier No. 4

Nope! These are the new ones:

fpn_1348711115__it-20120926_the_new_nakaya_pair.jpg

Top: Aka tamenuri Naka-ai Cigar

Bottom: Kuro tamenuri Long Piccolo Cigar

I'll take better photos and post 'em. Gotta eat dinner. (GOTTA!)

Jim, I'm sorry to hear that. Oi. Why couldn't the teen rearend a tree? I mean, hit something without hurting anyone else? I hope you feel better soon.

Geoduc, I "tag" (watermark?) every photo I upload to the Internet, no matter how good or bad. I don't want, for instance, people using my photos to sell their pens on eBay.

I want to take better photos of these pens, though. Cos they're gorgeous.

etherX in To Miasto

From the left #3 and #5.......

Lovely, the artistry, subtle shades of colour, they have found a home that deserves them.

What a fun day! (insert emoticon that happily sighs)

Lovely! Your Nakaya collection is beautiful and elegant, simple, tasteful. Also, I like the bird background. Cute.

ARGH, how can I ever choose between aka-tamenuri and heki-tamenuri?! Every time I make up my mind, finally, I change it again.

PS: I want to see a photo of the nibs! The nibs!

(That sounds... um... kinda strange. Well you know what I mean... gosh, us pen people are odd ducks aren't we!)

fpn_1348711115__it-20120926_the_new_nakaya_pair.jpg

Oops, I didn't see this photo when I posted. Shows the new nibs.

Are the Naka-ai and the Long Piccolo about the same size? They look very similar in the photos except for the Naka-ai's barrel taper.

Thanks, Lisa - a lovely family grows. If not before, I must have a Nakaya sit-down experience in LA. I'll start de-accessing pens in advance.

Congrats!

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

You have two gorgeous new pens, Lisa. Use them in good health.

Hmmmm .... I can't find the one in your collection I would be unhappy to own.

David

Thanks, everyone.

Reprieve, here're another coupla shots, nibs and capped, so you can see that the Long Piccolo and Naka-ai are very similar. The only difference, really, is the tapered barrel. Also, the Naka-ai is much easier to order, at least for those of us in the U.S., as it is exclusive to nibs.com.

fpn_1348718314__it-20120926_2_nakaya_nibs.jpg

fpn_1348718300__it-20120926_new_nakayas.jpg

I believed that I would prefer the Long Piccolo; I've wanted one ever since a Pen Posse pal showed me the one he bought secondhand. The Naka-ai, frankly, has surprised me. It's a very charming pen.

Edited by ethernautrix

etherX in To Miasto

Lisa, those are beautiful pens! And great photos! I share your excitement, though, with only 3, my little Nakaya family is sized for an efficiency apartment rather than a mansion! :)

Do you feel any difference in writing with the ruthenium nib versus the "plain" gold ones? Or, put another way, does the ruthenium nib write better by looking so great?

Thanks for posting pics and sharing a little Nakaya love with us.

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Thanks for those close-up comparisons (and the nib shot!). The thing that surprises me the most is how much I like the look of the kuro-tamenuri Long Piccolo and the Desk Pen. I always thought I preferred aka- to the kuro-tamenuri, but, after seeing your photos, I'm not so sure. Now I'm thinking about a kuro-tamenuri Naka-ai or heki-tamenuri... wait, maybe aka-tamenuri after all... but that kuro-tamenuri would sure look sharp with a ruthenium nib and clip... ARGH!

Thanks for sharing the booty with us! At least in photo form...I really like that tapered barrel on the Naka-ai. Hmmmmm

<snip> Now I'm thinking about a kuro-tamenuri Naka-ai or heki-tamenuri... wait, maybe aka-tamenuri after all... but that kuro-tamenuri would sure look sharp with a ruthenium nib and clip... ARGH!

Loving this dilemma, you're having! happyberet.gif

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi