The Nakayas Have Landed!

ethernautrix

The Nakaya Long Piccolo Cigar (kuro tamenuri) and Naka-ai Cigar (aka tamenuri) have arrived!

As soon as I calm down, I shall take photographs of them. Of them and the rest of my Nakayas. Muwahhahahahaaaaa!

So excited!

Who else got a Naka-ai? Isn't it elegant?! Such a sweet little beauty!

Okay, I've inked them. Now to write with them. See ya later!

Edited by ethernautrix

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• byronss

• geoduc

• reprieve

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could you do us a favor? Measure the length of the Naka-ai body, including the nib.

Oh! And congratulations.

Edited by Mickey

The liberty of the press is indeed essential to the nature of a free state; but this consists in laying no previous restraints upon publications, and not in freedom from censure for criminal matter when published. Every freeman has an undoubted right to lay what sentiments he pleases before the public; to forbid this, is to destroy the freedom of the press; but if he publishes what is improper, mischievous or illegal, he must take the consequence of his own temerity. (4 Bl. Com. 151, 152.) Blackstone's Commentaries

Looks like 13.7 cm. Or... 5-7/16".

It really is a very elegant-looking pen, and the length is perfect. I love my Piccolos, but I know some are concerned that they are too short (and maybe they are).

The nibs -- amazing. The ruthenium-plated M on the Long Piccolo -- wow, so hard yet smooth; I love it. The monotone standard firm M on the Naka-ai -- perfection.

I couldn't be more delighted.

I love that the cap and barrel are flush on both pens. I gotta take pictures. Maybe by this afternoon.

etherX in To Miasto

Congrats--can not wait to see your beautiful pics of these.

MY BIG question--does the Naka-ai POST??

I don't imagine so but I did not think the Franklin Christoff 66 would either--and it does!!

www.stevelightart.com

Oh, Steve, I'm afraid to try! I mean, the Naka-ai certainly looks postable (not the Long Piccolo). Theoretically, you could post the Desk Pen. I've done it, out of curiosity, and doing so completely destroyed the magical balance of it.

Okay. In the name of science and friendship, I shall place the Naka-ai's cap ever so gingerly on its barrel....

Stop it! Stop it!

Ha ha ha. Yeah, the cap fits easily over the barrel. (*Wiping the invisible cap marks off the barrel.*) Seems that you could apply a tad bit of pressure so that it doesn't wiggle around up there. Yeah. But I don't want to do it. (Laughing.)

Oh, such a beautiful little pen (and yet, not little "tiny," just... little "elegant," little "sweet").

Oh yeah, the F-C 65 & 66, totally postable. Love those pens! Don't have the 65 with me, but I want to compare it to the Naka-ai, in size and appearance.

Oh Nakaya... you are so beautiful, you pens, you beautiful pens.

etherX in To Miasto

Its Nakaya day!

Hip hip hooray!

Its my Nakaya, not your Nakaya

Go get your own Nakaya

Its Nakaya day!

Hip hip hooray!

wait a minute, I don't have a Nakaya... :doh: .

that Lisa and her infectious excitement.....congratulations....

And so your collection continues to grow! :notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

Pictures or it's all lies... :roflmho:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing"-Socrates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been refreshing my USPS tracking page like a lunatic all day. It has been in transit from the sorting station at Bethpage, NY since 4am. I'm in Manhattan, so I guess the truck is taking a scenic route? I hope I get it tomorrow. Tomorrow is going to be a big delivery day. The Naka-ai and my iPhone 5 should both be arriving. But one is coming to my office and the other to home. Since I can only be at one place at a time, I guess the iPhone 5 is going to have to wait! :)

You are a bad person----what a tease. We need to see the photos i'm in the depths of depression, my car was rearended, 2 weeks ago and it's still in the shop. Cheer me up with something beautiful. Please, Jim

Congratulations, Lisa!

I'm happy for you and look forward to seeing the pictures. I'm very interested to see the Long Piccolo next to some of the other Nakaya offerings.

Edited by geoduc

Thanks Lisa for attempting to post it--I know how precious your Nakayas are to you.

I am really interested in these--I like the shape and have been tempted to get a music nib!

Edited by stevlight

www.stevelightart.com

Its Nakaya day!

Hip hip hooray!

Its my Nakaya, not your Nakaya

Go get your own Nakaya

Its Nakaya day!

Hip hip hooray!

wait a minute, I don't have a Nakaya... :doh: .

(Laughing.) Your song -- poem, cheer -- made me laugh, still is. Ha ha ha. Thanks, Greg!

etherX in To Miasto

Haa! I know, Ricky! So far, I'm liking both nibs, especially the ruthenium-plated M. But... I like them both. I'm thinking... if I want another ruthenium-plated F, er, I might have to get another Nakaya--ha ha ha! I made myself laugh! I can't do that! That's silly! I have EIGHT. If I'm trying to keep the number of pens I have down (to a "manageable" number), then, um, I'm already in trouble. I wonder if I can push a Nakaya nib into other non-Nakaya nib sections. Hmm.... That sound is Science, calling me!

You know what, though? I'll just wait until the SF Pen Show and ask John Mottishaw what he thinks about that idea. :-)

TrinityTam - I FELT YOUR PAIN. But, you know how it is, as soon as the package is in your hands, all memory of impatience gets wiped clean. What do you mean I was impatient? That's silly. I knew these were coming. Such an odd thing to suggest, that I was impatient. What? Look at how delighted I am! But until then, F5. F5.

F5.

F5.

... Huh? F5.

F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, EFF-FIVE ARGH!

Oh the salve of delivery....

etherX in To Miasto

Aw, Jim, I'm sorry to hear about your car. STUPID REARENDING DRIVER! I hope you're okay, no muscular whiplash or anything.

All right. I have to finish this stack of work before I can take pictures, but taking pictures is my first priority when I'm done with that.

Oh my god, they're gorgeous.

Sorry.

(But they are.)

I have six of the eight with me today. :-)

etherX in To Miasto

*whew*

No need to say "have fun, Lisa," because clearly you are!

Woooooot!

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

Comments at FB. Waiting in all the right spots for the photos.

C'mon, E, show a little bit of that impatience again!! :)

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

I have EIGHT.

Ok, you've asked for it.....

Don't be mad at me, I'm just quoting yourself from here

So.... Seven wasn't enough?

Has anyone said that yet?

:-)

Congratulations! Excitement and joy are great to watch :thumbup:

Greetings,

Michael