Fpn Coupon At Gouletpens.com Expiring

GouletPens

Wow, thank you so much everyone! As you might imagine, Rachel and I have been turning our stomach in knots for a long time regarding our decision to do this. Fountain pens aren't a commodity though, there's a great deal of education that's required to get the most out of them. If this hobby is to grow, then we need to continue our focus on education and social media involvement. Montegrappaman1 put is so succinctly, I wish I'd written this myself:

As a beginner to this hobby, I have learned so much from Brian's videos and reveiws! The money and time that I've saved just from watching those videos are more than any discount could equal. That's why I'll continue to be a customer, discount or no discount.

That's exactly what it's all about. Value can be viewed in two ways...lowering price, or adding benefit. Discounting price is SO much easier to do (in the short term), that's why so many companies (in all industries) resort to that method first. We know that the time we're spending on our tools, reviews, and service adds so much more benefit to the fountain pen community than any discount we could ever offer, so that's going to be our focus moving forward. Thank you all so much for reinforcing that for us. :thumbup:

Brian,

Your dedication to serving the FP community, and your great products will keep us all coming back for more. The fact that you gave us the discount for three years was just a little perk. Let your stomach's turn no more. I'll not slow down buying from you... unless of course I run out of money. :)

Blessings to you and yours,

Dave

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/blopplop/fpn-verm.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GouletPens

• Icywolfe

• Algester

• Pelikan_FP

First time customer for GouletPens....

I JUST received my order of 3 diamine inks as I am reading this...

I have to say, you guys are absolutely amazing.

Being OCD and a bit of a passionate person, I have to admit I became a bit emotional when I saw how much care GouletPens put into packaging my tiny order of just 3 inks! I actually just stared at it and didn't open it for a good 10min staring session.

When I first opened the box, I asked myself...did I order a MB POA 888 while sleep internet-surfing?

The packaging seemed like it was meant for something of divine importance.

What’s the packaging?

-well sealed sturdy box

-stuffing within the box

-bubble wrapped (3 times)

-shrink wrapped (3 times)

-business card + bookmark

-printed receipt + hand written message of thanks and signature

So why am I raving on about this packaging perfection and not their great products or prices?

The packaging tells me that even for a customer with a measly 3 ink purchase...care, dedication, passion, and kindness has been poured on to it.

I cannot thank them enough for such a pleasurable surprise.

Of course I will have to end by saying, sales or no sales...I will continue to purchase from them!

Edited by Mkim

While the 5% discount has been nice, it's not the reason I have so many Goulet bookmarks! Your videos and other posts bring so much valuable information to the pen-loving community. Thanks for all you have done!

I've made many orders from the store prior to 9/30 and didn't even know about this discount!

http://www.ryan-white.net/FPNSIG.jpg

First time customer for GouletPens....

I JUST received my order of 3 diamine inks as I am reading this...

I have to say, you guys are absolutely amazing.

Being OCD and a bit of a passionate person, I have to admit I became a bit emotional when I saw how much care GouletPens put into packaging my tiny order of just 3 inks! I actually just stared at it and didn't open it for a good 10min staring session.

When I first opened the box, I asked myself...did I order a MB POA 888 while sleep internet-surfing?

The packaging seemed like it was meant for something of divine importance.

What’s the packaging?

-well sealed sturdy box

-stuffing within the box

-bubble wrapped (3 times)

-shrink wrapped (3 times)

-business card + bookmark

-printed receipt + hand written message of thanks and signature

So why am I raving on about this packaging perfection and not their great products or prices?

The packaging tells me that even for a customer with a measly 3 ink purchase...care, dedication, passion, and kindness has been poured on to it.

I cannot thank them enough for such a pleasurable surprise.

Of course I will have to end by saying, sales or no sales...I will continue to purchase from them!

Yes! I recently orderd Rhodia and Clairefontain pads as well as a couple of bottles of ink. The packaging was fantastic! It is evident that they care about the items they are putting in the box. A great shopping experience and I have a long list of inks that I am looking forward to ordering!

With all the effort you guys put into packaging safely, plus taking the time to write a note with each order, I'd gladly forgo the 5% discount. With all the effort you've put into the nib nook, swab samples, offering ink samples, and all the informative videos... you're my #1 go-to company when I need something and who I recommend to all that ask me about fountain pens. You have a customer in me for the life of your company and my interest in fountain pens :)

"Do you know the legend about cicadas? They say they are the souls of poets who cannot keep quiet because, when they were alive, they never wrote the poems they wanted to."

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Somehow I think I'll manage paying that extra $1.32 (or whatever it worked out to) for my Webbies ;-)Even without the discount, Goulet Pens is still competitively priced compared to other boutiques. I BELIEVE IN YOU, GOULET PENS!Thank you for those little extras like the coupon code or free shipping, and above all, thank you for just being an awesome retailer.

Sometimes I write things (as of 2013

http://katesplace7.wordpress.com/

You guys are awesome. I'm going to order some ink from you soon. Based on the note you put on my last packing slip, I think Matador is going to be in there. I appreciate all the *freebies* you contribute to the pen world. Keep it up and stay in business! thumbup.gif

- - -

Currently trying to sell a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise. PM if you're interested. :)

It was really easy to add a bottle of ink or two to an order to get to that $100 mark for free shipping and get 5% off. It was fun while it lasted! I will still order from Goulet Pens first, it's the amazing customer service that keeps me coming back! In the future, I would love to see a VIP rewards program where points earned on purchases add up to freebies or discounts!

While I appreciated getting a discount on products from your website, the lack of a 5% discount isn't going to keep me from ordering from your great company in the future. 5% is less than my local sales tax, so it's not even close to being a deal breaker for me. Especially considering the stellar customer service that I've received from you in the past, and the totally unexpected personal touch of a handwritten note of appreciation when I opened my order. You shouldn't feel bad at all that you've chosen to remove the discount code from your website, and I'm sorry that you even felt the need to apologize for this decision. Thank you for the great selection of products that you offer at great prices, and the wealth of information you've provided to people who share your common interests and passion for fountain pens and the inks that go with them. Keep up the good work!

Happily sliding down the slippery slope of fountain pen acquisition disorder.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

While I too may still order from Goulet Pens, the 5% off was sometimes a factor when making the decision to buy. Since I live in the same state as the Goulet's that 5% was my sales tax discount. As we all know there are a number of vendors we buy from and those vendors are always close on price and therefore they have many different ways to entice us to buy from them. I always tend to look at the bottom line - how much is this going to cost me out of my FP budget. The more I save the happier I am, the more I buy.

I must thank you, Goulet Pens, for even providing this discount for us. And helping my ink and Pen inventory to swell. Thank you.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future.

Thanks,

Tony

--------------

"Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit." - Spartan Proverb

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5298/5514405001_f64efa85be_m.jpg "Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit." - Spartan Proverb

"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me". - Miles Davis

Free speech is expensive, so you might as well pay attention. - Geo. Clinton

Thank you for making he discount available, but its the great customer service that brings me back.

Thats exactly how I feel...

Thanks while it was there... but it is the least of the reasons I shop from you.

Knowing when i buy something that if anything at all is not right, a simple and polite email will be eagerly responded to quickly with a solution. I know what i buy will arrive in a timely manner and it will be packed better then I could pack it so I get my items intact.

You guys are awesome and should be really proud of the company you created from the ground up!

Judging by the way Goulets packages my inks, the thank you notes written with different ink colour each time, and the speedy shipping etc., I know this is the company I will keep placing my orders with over and over again, whether there is a discount or not.

Also, I learnt something new about a piece of U.S. history watching the video Brain made on the Liberty's Elysium ink.

Just wanted to echo what many of the previous posters have stated. The discount was nice but it is not the reason that I am a customer. The customer service and attention to detail in packing shipments is great. Beyond that I must also give a big shout-out to the breadth of the selection of items on your site, especially the inks available. I have been introduced to De Atramentis inks and BanditApple notebooks through your site and reviews here on FPN and they are currently some of my favorites. The ink samples are invaluable. There are other web stores that offer samples but combined with the sheer number of ink brands and colors that you offer make your store the one place that I want to shop. The swab shop is also a great tool for comparing inks to decide what I want to sample. That is a combination of services found nowhere else. Bravo! Please know that your labor of love is greatly appreciated by all of us crazed and hopeless fountain pen addicts aficionados.

Brett

The secret of zen is just two words, not always so.

Shunryu Suzuki

I won't miss the 5% discount but I do think you need look into free shipping over a certain dollar amount. That has made me choose another retailer when making larger purchases says over $150.

I won't miss the 5% discount but I do think you need look into free shipping over a certain dollar amount. That has made me choose another retailer when making larger purchases says over $150.

Expiration of this discount code will have absolutely no affect on my business. GP has the best customer service of any pen retailer-nay, any retailer (echo!).

:roflmho: Just received an order from Gouletpens and now realized I forgot to use the coupon. This gives me a chance to a) order more and B) to praise the service that the Goulet's offer. I have never gotten a package as quickly from the US to Canada using regular UPS shipping. Such a joy to have a wonderful store like this. :cloud9:

Fountain Pen Abundance

I'm for any decision that helps a fountain pen retailer stay in business, especially one as conscientious and customer service oriented as the Goulets. I'm a repeat customer, but have only used the discount intermittently because I felt guilty about getting a discount on already quite fair pricing. Like CosmicSlop, I viewed the discount as an offset to the in-state sales tax I pay. Still felt bad though...

So, thank you Goulets for eliminating any guilt for my future purchases! :thumbup:

I just received my goodies from Goulet today- :cloud9:

Thanks again for your wonderful service.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing"-Socrates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~