New Visconti Pens, Filling System And Nib!

Bryant

very meh rigid pitchfork nib, not flexible, sheaffer rip off vac fill powershot fillin gsystem copied by visconti. No thanks, give me an omas or a stipula over this or even a sheaffer triumph over it

Well, the Sheaffer vac fill itself copied the Onoto plunger filler (with a few changes to circumvent Onoto's patent). And modern piston fillers are pretty much copies of the mechanism devised by Pelikan, which in turn was likely inspired at least in part by older designs from other companies. The defunct Eagle company patented the first known cartridge filler in 1890. So far as I know every fountain pen made today uses a filling mechanism based on previous designs by other companies.

When it comes to different nibs and filling systems, what I really want is one of each (and several of my favourites!). Sadly my budget is finite and forces me to prioritize.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• raging.dragon

• georges zaslavsky

• Bryant

• opus7600

very meh rigid pitchfork nib, not flexible, sheaffer rip off vac fill powershot fillin gsystem copied by visconti. No thanks, give me an omas or a stipula over this or even a sheaffer triumph over it

So if Omas came out with this pen, instead of Visconti, you would praise them to the skies. You are obviously brand biased and too predictable....I'll take a Visconti power filler over a stiff Omas piston any day,

So if Omas came out with this pen, instead of Visconti, you would praise them to the skies. You are obviously brand biased and too predictable....I'll take a Visconti power filler over a stiff Omas piston any day,

No,I wouldn't praise a brand that produces a pitchfork tubular nib alongwith a finnicky filling system. I have my favorite brands as you have yours, so indirectly you are brand biased as well.

Edited by georges zaslavsky

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

No,I wouldn't praise a brand that produces a pitchfork tubular nib alongwith a finnicky filling system. I have my favorite brands as you have yours, so indirectly you are brand biased as well.

Dear George

While I was reading your post the doorbell rang. The post man delivered a package, containing my Visconti Opera demonstrator mosquito stub nib. You have ruined my joy.

Nobody asks from you to like Visconti pens. By all means, have your favorite brands. If you receive a new Omas estra flessible (or what is the name), or a nice Waterman Man 100 with a flex nib, I am glad for you. It is nice to receive a pen you have been waiting for some time. The fact that I find Omas pens way too light does not matter, I am glad for you. I try to find some nice things to say.

I t does not matter that flex nibs have no use for me, given my writing style. It is a good pen for YOUR writing style so I am glad for YOU.

But when I write about a new Edson I have coveted for some time, or get this new Visconti, or get one of the new Delta nibs, which I like very much (the stub, that is..) the only thing you can do is make some sneers and ridicule my joy.

Why can you not apprecitae the joy someone else has? Say something like: Interesting design. I have tried the nib myself but it is not suited for my writing but I am glad you are happy with it.. (or somthing like that) By the way, I very much doubt that you ever have touched the pen or have even been near one... Perhaps you listen to what mr Mora tells you? I do not know.

As you can see from my post, I am rather annoyed with your constant nagging and sneering and defaming certain pens. And you may have felt that many others are also annoyed by your way of reacting like in your above posts.

We are all here at FPN because we like (certeain) fountainpens. Lucky for us that not everybody has the same tastes. It is waht makes FPN such an interesting place. But please do not ridicule others for not have the same tastes you do.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Dear George

While I was reading your post the doorbell rang. The post man delivered a package, containing my Visconti Opera demonstrator mosquito stub nib. You have ruined my joy.

Nobody asks from you to like Visconti pens. By all means, have your favorite brands. If you receive a new Omas estra flessible (or what is the name), or a nice Waterman Man 100 with a flex nib, I am glad for you. It is nice to receive a pen you have been waiting for some time. The fact that I find Omas pens way too light does not matter, I am glad for you. I try to find some nice things to say.

I t does not matter that flex nibs have no use for me, given my writing style. It is a good pen for YOUR writing style so I am glad for YOU.

But when I write about a new Edson I have coveted for some time, or get this new Visconti, or get one of the new Delta nibs, which I like very much (the stub, that is..) the only thing you can do is make some sneers and ridicule my joy.

Why can you not apprecitae the joy someone else has? Say something like: Interesting design. I have tried the nib myself but it is not suited for my writing but I am glad you are happy with it.. (or somthing like that) By the way, I very much doubt that you ever have touched the pen or have even been near one... Perhaps you listen to what mr Mora tells you? I do not know.

As you can see from my post, I am rather annoyed with your constant nagging and sneering and defaming certain pens. And you may have felt that many others are also annoyed by your way of reacting like in your above posts.

We are all here at FPN because we like (certeain) fountainpens. Lucky for us that not everybody has the same tastes. It is waht makes FPN such an interesting place. But please do not ridicule others for not have the same tastes you do.

D.ick

Dear D Ick

My post isn't about ridiculing or mocking someone else. Maybe you should read on the board how many people have had problems with visconti quality control or bad nib adjustment. Maybe it should be better to ignore it? Not really.I won't hesitate to voice my opinion because I have the opportunity to test several Visconti and other pens from other brands but when something is average or bad quality build then it must be said. Perhaps I am too direct? Sorry and I apologize if it is the case. Perhaps you should see how much bashing there is about MB going on the board, yet you didn't say a word about it... Visconti makes nice pens, I don't discuss it what I am criticising is their quality control and their nibs. I have read people here criticizing the Omas brand for quality control as well, yet I don't take it at heart too much and don't give a damn about it because I love Omas.

Enjoy your pen and have a great week end

best regards

Georges

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

My post isn't about ridiculing or mocking someone else. Maybe you should read on the board how many people have had problems with visconti quality control or bad nib adjustment.

Have YOU had these problems? With this PARTICULAR pen?

If so, then your comment is valid, if perhaps written poorly. But even if so, what does that have to do with "sheaffer rip off vac fill powershot fillin gsystem"? There's only so many ways to fill a pen. Who did your favorite brand rip theirs off from?

Your posts are based on your biases, not on actual information. You are bashing a brand, and you're not even attempting to be subtle about it. Go find something to comment on where you have actual knowledge, rather than just bile.

My post isn't about ridiculing or mocking someone else. Maybe you should read on the board how many people have had problems with visconti quality control or bad nib adjustment.

Have YOU had these problems? With this PARTICULAR pen?

If so, then your comment is valid, if perhaps written poorly. But even if so, what does that have to do with "sheaffer rip off vac fill powershot fillin gsystem"? There's only so many ways to fill a pen. Who did your favorite brand rip theirs off from?

Your posts are based on your biases, not on actual information. You are bashing a brand, and you're not even attempting to be subtle about it. Go find something to comment on where you have actual knowledge, rather than just bile.

I have tried this pen long enough and seen potential flaws that were already remarked on the older visconti pens like the filling system is not that easy to fill, a pain to clean and the powershot filling could get corroded by some inks when it wasn't made of titanium. Before claiming my posts are only biases, make sure you have half of the knowledge I have regarding pens in general and make sure also that you have a penshop that authorizes you to testwrite pens firsthand before they are released. I am already 6 if not 7 years on that board, my knowledge has been verified long enough, so please spare me your useless comments.

I have tried this pen long enough and seen potential flaws that were already remarked on the older visconti pens like the filling system is not that easy to fill, a pain to clean and the powershot filling could get corroded by some inks when it wasn't made of titanium. Before claiming my posts are only biases, make sure you have half of the knowledge I have regarding pens in general and make sure also that you have a penshop that authorizes you to testwrite pens firsthand before they are released. I am already 6 if not 7 years on that board, my knowledge has been verified long enough, so please spare me your useless comments.

Ah, bravo! Some actual content! Some coherent sentence structure! Now we can begin having a dialogue instead of just shouting at each other!

So, your comment about the power filling system being not easy to fill are puzzling, considering your implied praise for the same system when developed by Sheaffer, but no matter. I will readily agree that a power filler is not what I'd recommend for a newbie's first fountain pen, but I think in the hands of a user who understands the principle, it is quite simple to use. There are even well-documented tricks to get the chamber completely full without the crutch of the Traveling Inkpot.

As for the corrosion, That does sound like a serious quality control issue, but not one I've heard widely talked about. I've not encountered it personally, but of course that means very little. I'd be interested to hear what kinds of inks users suffering this issue were filling their pens with.

Oh, and yes, of course you are certainly older, both in terms of time on the board and real-life time compared to me. However, to suggest that age alone makes your postings have merit is hubris of the highest order. I'll not respect you just because you've been here longer. I'll respect you when you make well-reasoned, well-explained arguments instead of feverish rantings.

Ah, bravo! Some actual content! Some coherent sentence structure! Now we can begin having a dialogue instead of just shouting at each other!

So, your comment about the power filling system being not easy to fill are puzzling, considering your implied praise for the same system when developed by Sheaffer, but no matter. I will readily agree that a power filler is not what I'd recommend for a newbie's first fountain pen, but I think in the hands of a user who understands the principle, it is quite simple to use. There are even well-documented tricks to get the chamber completely full without the crutch of the Traveling Inkpot.

As for the corrosion, That does sound like a serious quality control issue, but not one I've heard widely talked about. I've not encountered it personally, but of course that means very little. I'd be interested to hear what kinds of inks users suffering this issue were filling their pens with.

Oh, and yes, of course you are certainly older, both in terms of time on the board and real-life time compared to me. However, to suggest that age alone makes your postings have merit is hubris of the highest order. I'll not respect you just because you've been here longer. I'll respect you when you make well-reasoned, well-explained arguments instead of feverish rantings.

Please spare me your sarcasm. Maybe You should read this thread https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/234833-another-new-ish-italian-pen-delta-chatterley-fails/page__gopid__2530227#entry2530227 to know that my criticism was well founded. Corrosion was due to high saturated inks like noodlers, the pharmacist and other highly saturated iron gall inks.The sheaffer filling used to work with inks that were more thicker than the ones which have now and some of them were highly saturated permanent inks.

I will respect you when you will try to see that behind every criticism there is a reason and an explanation. Repeted manufacturing flaws on the same model of pen by a manufacturer is the way to push the nogo decision

Edited by georges zaslavsky