New Visconti Pens, Filling System And Nib!

Bryant

Shame, looks like the blind cap is going to be a big chunk of metal like on the Opera Master Demo. I hope I'm seeing right that the blue is something more manageable, like on the Wall Street LE. The former makes this a nonstarter for me. If you can persuade them to switch to having a clear plastic blind cap on the demo, I'd be very interested.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• raging.dragon

• georges zaslavsky

• Bryant

• opus7600

Such a beautiful, awesome Demonstrator, I'm a big fan of Visconti.

Why not get over the denial and put a piston filler in it??? C'mon already.

Mosquito-it's annoying and you just want to smack it.

Such a beautiful, awesome Demonstrator, I'm a big fan of Visconti.

Why not get over the denial and put a piston filler in it??? C'mon already.

Mosquito-it's annoying and you just want to smack it.

There are people who prefere plunger fillers to piston fillers, and Visconti are one of the few pen makers who serve this market. There are other Viscontis, and many pens from other pen makers, for people who prefere piston fillers. For example, my favourite piston filling mechanism is Delta's, and they've made some very nice piston filling demostrators in collaboration with Bryant (photos and details can be found on his web site).

There are people who prefere plunger fillers to piston fillers, and Visconti are one of the few pen makers who serve this market. There are other Viscontis, and many pens from other pen makers, for people who prefere piston fillers. For example, my favourite piston filling mechanism is Delta's, and they've made some very nice piston filling demostrators in collaboration with Bryant (photos and details can be found on his web site).

Good point, I must agree. There is a charm to a lever filler, or a button filler even. The filling system on my Wall Street Ltd is entertaining, sometimes maddening, but the pen has great character, partly because of it.

Who can forget the tension in the Quentin Tarantino film, when Hans Landa is methodically button filling his pen. It would have been torture if it was a Mosquito filler. Well, more torture.

One reason I like Visconti is they seem to celebrate being different.

Point taken, I appreciate that.

Awesome. Just another thing that is going to distract me in my waking moments. And maybe some of my asleep moments. Now the engineer in me wants to develop something similar that has the ability to be fit to a large number of pens.

As I said in the other thread this looks like utterly pointless marketing gimmick. Other than the possibility of getting that last little bit of ink out of a bottle (and just how many lifetimes of such ink savings will it take to save enough to cover the cost) it serves no purpose. It has none of the other functionality of the Snorkel and adds yet another thing to clean up.

Makes no sense to me.

As I said in the other thread this looks like utterly pointless marketing gimmick. Other than the possibility of getting that last little bit of ink out of a bottle (and just how many lifetimes of such ink savings will it take to save enough to cover the cost) it serves no purpose. It has none of the other functionality of the Snorkel and adds yet another thing to clean up.

Makes no sense to me.

I'll be great for getting ink out of sample vials, which the big Viscontis are too fat to fit in. Rather like using a syringe to fill a cartridge or converter. But I find the waverly tipped semi-conical nib itself more exciting, especially the combination of a highend Visconti body with a (hopefully) relatively inexpensive steel nib.

I just took a closer look at the photos. I believe the 'hook safe lock' is the bayonet cap mounting system previously seen the the Divina Proportione variants and Homo Sapiens.

What is the difference between "Chromium 18" and 18/10 stainless steel?

Branding.

And possibly with a flashing of rhodium.

I only have two pens - an Aurora Optima and others.

Visconti have invented a tubular nib to reduce drying out...

:hmm1:

I'm sure I've seen a few tubular nibs before... :eureka: Ahh yes. In a Parker 51. That was to stop the nib dring out too.

So when do Visconti re-invent the hooded nib I wonder?

Regards,

Richard.

Wow, as a doctor I need to have this demonstrator. Just like a syringe.

But I would advise people not to fly with this thing, as customs might take offence...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Gadgets, gizmos, and gimmicks are alright by me. Fancy, latter-day snorkel-like filling systems and stainless steel nibs are fine by me becaue the only question that matters is: How does it write? Flexy or firmly? Lovely or lame? All that matters is when nib hits paper.

Edited by Sazerac

That actually looks pretty cool. I hope it writes as well as it looks. Maybe they'll bring out a version of the travelling inkwell that fits and stores the mosquito thingy.

What is that annoying, high-pitched whining sound? A Mosquito? :hmm1:

Nope, just me. :happyberet:

I like Visconti products so much, I would go for that Demonstrator in a heartbeat if I wasn't so busy buying Omas. :embarrassed_smile:

Edited by karmakoda

Nice! I don't care much about mosquito filler. However I am excited by the fact we might see some of their "innovations" (don't shoot!) in cheaper pens hopefully. My wife has a HS and it is a dream. The closing system is great, the clip is great. I just wished they made a cheaper pen with non-glod, non palladium nibs with the bayonet closing system etc. Or cheaper pens with palladium nibs :puddle:

I love all my Visconti pens, and I love that they are innovators in the fountain pen world. The renaissance has begun, I'd say :)

Tamara

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have an idea of size? Are these comparable to the opera master demos (perfect size, horrible balance to me) or small like the HS or worse van goughs?

Ill snatch one up if my hand fits it

Anyone have an idea of size? Are these comparable to the opera master demos (perfect size, horrible balance to me) or small like the HS or worse van goughs?

Ill snatch one up if my hand fits it

I also hope they're Opera Master sized. If so the blue with it's lighter plastic blind cap should be less top heavy than the Opera Master Demo. If so, the Smart Touch nib looks to be slightly bigger than Visconti largest Au and Pd nibs (which are Bock 250 or #6 nibs). That and the proportions of the blind cap lead me to suspect these pens are based not on the Opera Master, but instead on the slightly smaller Wallstreet LE or Opera Club. I'm waiting for confirmation of the size before decided whether to put this pen on my "buy" list or my "nice, but..." list.

Hi,

Personally, I think it would be nice if they made a version where they mounted the blue parts of one version on the demonstrator version instead of the metal parts. I'm not sure what metal they are using for the grip, but it looks nice. I'd rather have a plastic section or a solid silver one.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon