Modern Pens - Delta Le's

ArchiMark

4. Chatterley Pens MOMO Design 30th Anniversary Carbon Fiber Black Special Edition LE

(20 pens total)

This is a special edition of the MOMO Design 30th Anniversary pen. It is a large oversize chunky pen based upon the shape and design of the MOMO Design 30th Anniversary Carbon Fiber with Matte Gold trim Special LE piston pen. Chatterley pens changed the design to include a titanium nib and black celluloid instead of the orange resin of the Delta version.

The pen barrel and cap are made of black celluloid and carbon fiber.

Metal trims which are titanium and silver. It has a wide barrel band design that says "MOMO Design" on it, two narrow smooth flush bands next to the end of the blind cap and one at each end of the cap, a pocket clip with exposed ring, a banded cage with clear resin insert that acts like a nib-vue window in the cap, a triangular shape within a circle at end of cap, and a small hood over the end of the nib at the section.

The cap has the engraving "Anniversary Limited Edition" on it.

It has the smooth and very well built Delta piston filler with the ratcheting clutch mechanism that gives you audible clues (click sounds) that the piston is fully in the up position and no need to keep turning the knurled metal knob.

The nib is a large titanium 22 nib.

Pen length capped is about 5.625" (14.3cm).

Pen barrel diameter is about 9/16" (15mm).

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/ArchiMark/P1040701.jpg

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/ArchiMark/P1040703.jpg

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/ArchiMark/P1040704.jpg

Looks amazing in all black! I felt fortunate enough to have just gotten the orange version; it seems to be wonderful, I wonder why it's not that popular.

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArchiMark

• sarahfar

• sansenri

• A Smug Dill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4. Chatterley Pens MOMO Design 30th Anniversary Carbon Fiber Black Special Edition LE

(20 pens total)

This is a special edition of the MOMO Design 30th Anniversary pen. It is a large oversize chunky pen based upon the shape and design of the MOMO Design 30th Anniversary Carbon Fiber with Matte Gold trim Special LE piston pen. Chatterley pens changed the design to include a titanium nib and black celluloid instead of the orange resin of the Delta version.

Metal trims which are titanium and silver. It has a wide barrel band design that says "MOMO Design" on it, two narrow smooth flush bands next to the end of the blind cap and one at each end of the cap, a pocket clip with exposed ring, a banded cage with clear resin insert that acts like a nib-vue window in the cap, a triangular shape within a circle at end of cap, and a small hood over the end of the nib at the section.

It has the smooth and very well built Delta piston filler with the ratcheting clutch mechanism that gives you audible clues (click sounds) that the piston is fully in the up position and no need to keep turning the knurled metal knob.

Looks amazing in all black! I felt fortunate enough to have just gotten the orange version; it seems to be wonderful, I wonder why it's not that popular.

Thanks for the good words about the MOMO! Yes, it does look great with the carbon fiber texture, black, and the titanium trim look....very handsome....

As for the orange version being not that popular, not sure why you say that....AFAIK, this pen was only released in the past week or so......so, not much time for it to become popular....

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

(20 pens total)

Thanks for the good words about the MOMO! Yes, it does look great with the carbon fiber texture, black, and the titanium trim look....very handsome....

As for the orange version being not that popular, not sure why you say that....AFAIK, this pen was only released in the past week or so......so, not much time for it to become popular....

Wow, I had no idea; I was able to get mine from Penzdetroit. It seemed like he had it for awhile. The Momo packaging is so cool. It writes like a dream; I have never had a titanium nib before. Alex told me almost everything about the pen; it's wonderful to read more about it here, great post! I really like the clear rings in the cap and how you can see the nib through it - very different from any other pen I have. The trim, colors, piston operation with the safety "clicks" are wonderful. Probably the only thing I can say I like least is the removable cap for the filler knob, but I guess this might be better to keep the overall design, which is beautiful.

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

• 5 weeks later...

congrats on your deltas collection :thumbup: But what has always stopped me to buy a delta is the nib. Is the nib on the made to order models from chatterley pens flexible or not? If I ever order one, will I need to add some extra $$$ to get a flexible nib?

Edited by georges zaslavsky

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

congrats on your deltas collection :thumbup: But what has always stopped me to buy a delta is the nib. Is the nib on the made to order models from chatterley pens flexible or not? If I ever order one, will I need to add some extra $$$ to get a flexible nib?

Thanks, georges....

As for the Delta nibs....I find they are not flexible. However, I do find that most of them have a little bit of give to them when you write, which is what I like.

This may or may not be to your liking if you want flexible nibs like vintage pens or even the flessible OMAS nibs.

As far as I know, there is no option for ordering a flexible nib. To confirm this, you can check with Bryant, Pentime.com....but I don't think there is option for this.

Thanks, georges....

As for the Delta nibs....I find they are not flexible. However, I do find that most of them have a little bit of give to them when you write, which is what I like.

This may or may not be to your liking if you want flexible nibs like vintage pens or even the flessible OMAS nibs.

As far as I know, there is no option for ordering a flexible nib. To confirm this, you can check with Bryant, Pentime.com....but I don't think there is option for this.

So far I only have one Delta, but my experience is the same. It's a very smooth nib, with a bit give or spring, but alot less than a Visconti Palladium nib, let alone the OMAS extra flessible or 360 nibs. I'm guessing they wouldn't suit Georges tastes.

However, most of the current Delta nibs are 14K, so it should be possible to have a nib technician add flex.

EDIT: my Delta has a #6 nib, not the larger #8. There's a big nib Delta en route to me but I don't have it yet.

Edited by raging.dragon

• 3 months later...

Delta Hippocratica Civitas LE 197

This pen is in the Hippocratica range (if I can call it that) and is the 1KS fountain pen. There is also the 1K (silver trim and cartridge converter filler and one with the Fusion nib in a darker blue and darker red color combination.

It features Delta's piston filling mechanism, which I think is wonderful, an 18k gold nib and vermeil (sterling silver plated with gold) rings.

A snake in the clip as a symbol for Hippocratic.

It is a limited edition of 197 pieces.

Weight (uninked) 44gr

Hippocratica_Civitas_1.jpg

Hippocratica_Civitas_2.jpg

Hippocratica_Civitas_3.jpg

www.fontoplumo.nl

info@fontoplumo.nl

Nice, FrankvK....

Thanks for adding this LE pen to this thread.....

:thumbup:

• 7 months later...

Delta Republics of the Sea LE (no. 802 of 1099)

To celebrate medieval Italian history, Delta created a limited edition collection called Republics of the Sea. Four Italian City-States – Amalfi, Pisa, Genoa, and Venice are referred to in history as the four Maritime Italian Republics. The cap is adorned with a platinum plated clip and sterling silver cap band engraved with the monuments symbols of the four Republics in enamel. The cap and barrel are hand turned from a solid bar of Mediterranean Blue resin.

This is a large pen (5 3/4" capped, nearly 7" posted). The pen has a very smooth writing platinum plated 18k Millenium medium nib and fills via cartridge, converter or eyedropper.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q247/wagnerkl_2006/IMG_2249_zps39f20054.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q247/wagnerkl_2006/IMG_2257_zps33351e5e.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q247/wagnerkl_2006/IMG_2254_zps1d6221e1.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q247/wagnerkl_2006/IMG_2252_zps281f6bea.jpg

Very handsome pen, Ken....thanks for sharing it here!....

Like that blue and silver trim combo....and the detailing is very nice....

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've got recently Delta Fusion One LE Turchese Celluloid with stub nib (by Chatterley Pens). That's now my biggest pen. It's not heavy (31gr) but I cannot write with it posted, it's too big for me (159mm) and balance shifted to its big cap. Not posted (110mm) it's very comfortable but feels light for its size. Look at its “fusion” nib. Delta’s marketing gives this description:

--------
For its 30th Anniversary, Delta presents a new, fully-patented nib, which ‘fuses’ the chemical-physical properties of steel and gold to enhance the ink flow and performance of the pen.

The foundation of the Fusion nib is a steel alloy covered with a sleeve of precious 18K gold: the ink becomes more viscous because the thermal conductivity of the precious metal plate heats the underlying steel – the higher temperature makes ink flow more smoothly.
--------

I read several reviews about it and all of them were skeptical about this fuse of chemical-physical properties but the pen writes well (for a brand new not adjusted nib), so who knows whether it's due to this fuse of chemical-physical properties works as Delta claims or it's just a nice steel nib (with cosmetic piece of gold on top of it).

Thank you.

post-104511-0-93030500-1385188785_thumb.jpg

post-104511-0-28997500-1385188792_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Delta's new pen in the Indigenous People series, BriBri. The pens are dedicated to the BriBri people from Costa Rica.

This fountain pen comes in 3 versions (and roller and ballpoint).

The fountain pens have Delta's Fusion nib with a frogs foot / leg engraved on it. The clip has a full frog on top, which I think looks great.

The 1K limited edition (on top) has a full black barrel, red/pink section, rhodium plated metal parts and comes with a cartridge / converter

The 1KS special limited edition (below) has a barrel black and red/pink parts and a center band. The amount of red vs pink varies on each pen. The metal parts are either Rhodium of 24k gold plated (as on picture) and has Delta's piston filling mechanism.

These pens are limited to 977 pieces (per version)

fpn_1386402493__bribri_uncapped.jpg

fpn_1386402477__bribri_capped.jpg

Fountain pen dimensions:

Capped 148mm

Uncapped 129mm

Section width 12mm

Weight 1K version 39gr, 1KS version 47gr

www.fontoplumo.nl

info@fontoplumo.nl

• 3 months later...

Dear All,

I'm here to present the Delta Blue Jay Special Edition.

post-16839-0-95381900-1365688901.jpg

The Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata, Linnaeus, 1758) is a passerine bird native to North America.
It is resident through most of central and eastern United States and southern Canada.
It breeds in both deciduous and coniferous forests, and is common in residential areas. It has a blue crest and back, and white or light brownish chest and underparts. Male and female are similar in size and plumage, and plumage does not vary throughout the year.
The Blue Jay mainly feeds on nuts and seeds, such as acorns, berries, arthropods, and occasionally small vertebrates.
Typical feeding method is gleaning from trees, shrubs, and on the ground, and occasional hawking of flying insects.
It builds an open cup nest in the branches of a tree, which both sexes participating in construction. The clutch can contain two to seven eggs, which are bluish or light brown with dark spots.
Chicks are not self-sufficient, and are fed by the female for 8-12 days after hatching.
Young leave the nest 1-2 months after birth.

post-16839-0-06780100-1365687111.jpg

Delta Blue Jay Collection

Blue Jay writing instruments are the result of a close cooperation between Delta and Casa della Stilografica in Florence

Technical features:
Cap and Body: Hand turned from a solid bar of special resin featuring a mesh of the Blue Jay colors.

Filling mechanism of the fountain pen:
We offer two versions: piston and cartridge/converter.

Nib: 14 carat gold available in grades: EF, F, M, B

The Blue Jay collection includes ballpoint pens with rotating mechanism, and liquid ink rollers with the same features of the fountain pen.
Both fountain pen and roller feature a screw cap finished with a satin metal tip displaying the Delta logo.

The very handy clip is inserted under the tip, with the classic 30's wheel for an easy fit in the breast pocket.

Each single piece is numbered.
Serial number, Delta Italy and Blue Jay are engraved on the back of the cap.

post-16839-0-21311400-1365688070.jpg

I hope you like the Delta Blue Jay!

Ciao from Italy
Marco

The Delta Blue Jay is an absolutely stunning pen in person. The coloured bars of resin display a different aspect as you turn the pen around.

The resin looks similar to the Delta Indigenous Hawaii.

My wife picked up the c/c version with an EF nib (you could almost do micro-surgery with such a fine point) from the Casa della Stilografica while in Florance late last year & also given a copy of the Pen magazine featuring an article on the BlueJay. She was very impressed with the service and friendliness.

The pen also comes with a bottle of Delta Blue with a Blue Jay label.

Edited by Bogon07

sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink

Thank you everyone for sharing your beautiful pens.

I also have a Chatterly Stantuffo translucent acrylic (honey almond, if I remember correctly) and love it.

I have a thing about demonstrators:

fpn_1395377300__colosseum_1.jpg

fpn_1395377321__colosseum_2.jpg

fpn_1395377332__colosseum_3.jpg

fpn_1395377342__colosseum_4.jpg

As you can see, I'm not one for polishing away patina.

If I've kept anyone's attention this long I have a question for you. The sac is deteriorating and I'm replacing it soon.

Should I go with the original black or do you like the idea of a pale silicone?

A demonstrator lever filler.... that's interesting...

You should make a short video of it while operating it and put it on the Tube....

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• 4 weeks later...

I had started a separate thread before realizing that I probably should have posted here.

Anyway here it is again:

Delta Fusion 82 Blue and Delta Dolcevita medium are two of my favorite pens. I am mesmerized by the blue resin used for the Fusion 82 and I really like the shape of the Dolcevita.

I wished I could merge what I liked of the two pens into a new one...

Sometimes dreams come true and this time they did.

So here is the Delta Seiya 1/1 (starry night in Japanese).

Seiya has the body of a Dolcevita medium with the barrel of blue resin from the fusion 82 and the super smooth dual tone nib of the Dolcevita oversize.

post-109451-0-60593300-1397910751_thumb.jpg
post-109451-0-44575900-1397910780_thumb.jpg
post-109451-0-64237700-1397910830_thumb.jpg
post-109451-0-78014500-1397910921_thumb.jpg
post-109451-0-66367000-1397910945_thumb.jpg

This dream came true thanks to Cristiano of Delta pens and Cristian of La Stilografica Milano who introduced me to him.

Thanks again guys!!!

• 3 months later...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/mikefarha/IMG_0110_zps042866e1.jpg

These are 3 new Chatterley Exclusives that are great values....

The first is the over-sized Stantfuffo Marmo Incinato which is the brown celluloid used in one of their older LE's more than twice as expensive. It is a gorgeous material and sports 14K # 8 and hand carved ebonite feed. All white trim and it writes exceptionally well. It has a ratcheting piston filler as do the other two here.

The second, or middle pen, is a Stantuffo Star cage in resin named sugar cane. It sports a fusion nib which is a buttery smooth Stub. The price point is under 300 and is a gorgeous pen.

The last is a celluloid Stantuffo Star cage from argento russo. It is again is a fusion stub and is great coming in at under 350. The fusion nib at least in stubs is really a great nib.

Those are 3 great looking pens....thanks for sharing them here.

Is it possible to add one more photo of these pens uncapped?

Thanks,

Mark