F P N Google Search

watch_art

Does anyone has a problem with Google search results returning a page saying, "www.fountainpennetwork.com Driver Error" and "There appears to be an error with the database." ?

I seem to be getting this pretty often with my computer, but going this on my mobile doesn't result in any problems.

I have the same problem (sometimes) on my iPad... :crybaby:

fpn_1360247598__fpnerror.jpg

Edit: added (sometimes) and error message.

I have this problem ALL THE TIME it's horrible.....

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• watch_art

• mhguda

• PolarMoonman

• tinta

Does anyone has a problem with Google search results returning a page saying, "www.fountainpennetwork.com Driver Error" and "There appears to be an error with the database." ?

I seem to be getting this pretty often with my computer, but going this on my mobile doesn't result in any problems.

I have the same problem (sometimes) on my iPad... :crybaby:

fpn_1360247598__fpnerror.jpg

Edit: added (sometimes) and error message.

I have this problem ALL THE TIME it's horrible.....

+1 on the problem. However if you click the link they give to refresh the page, it loads OK. But every time I try to load a search result, I see the error page first.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

+1 on the problem. However if you click the link they give to refresh the page, it loads OK. But every time I try to load a search result, I see the error page first.

Refreshing, unfortunately, doesn't help. Am forced to use the search toolbar on top.

I've just gone to searching google with the letters FPN at the end of my search, this seems to work well.....

If it's on ipads it's b/c ipads are broken. :P

Kidding of course - but it could be some sort of software/hardware clash. I guess.

I don't know anything about computers so....

This seems to happen if you use the Google search engine to find a topic then you change pages in the topic or go to another topic then you try to back up. When you back up far enough to get back to the Google page it is confused because you aren't coming back to it from the same place you started.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

This seems to happen if you use the Google search engine to find a topic then you change pages in the topic or go to another topic then you try to back up. When you back up far enough to get back to the Google page it is confused because you aren't coming back to it from the same place you started.

In my case it happens as soon as I click the link Google provides as a search result. Every single time. Then I click the provided link to refresh the page, and it loads OK. And I can navigate from there and do all sorts of surfing. But the next search result has the same hurdle. It's been like that for about two months now. Before that, it worked swimmingly.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I like FPs better than computers, although FPN is real nice, Google, I once thought was benign, but recently I have some concerns.

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness

• 1 year later...
Another way:.

Right click on the bookmark bar and in Chrome select Add Page or in Firefox Add Bookmark (haven't IE on my Mac but wording will be about the same). Enter the name, that's the text to be shown in the bookmark bar, can be anything. Then in the URL/location box copy and paste the following:

javascript:(function(){void(q=prompt('What are you looking for on FPN?',''));if(q)location.href='http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3A'+'www.fountainpennetwork.com'+'%20'+escape(q)})()

You can change google.co.uk to .com etc if required

Then when you click on it it will ask you what you want to search for and Google will search for it, you can then do the normal stuff like limit the dates.

Can't remember reading of any straight forward way to add a favicon.

Edited by mkeeley

~ Marc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

To help everybody out. wink.gif

FPN Google Search Engine

Is it possible to do the same thing with DuckDuckGo?

https://duckduckgo.com/

Supposedly, DuckDuckGo doesn't track you when you search. See here for the explanation:

https://duckduckgo.com/about

I'm trying to get away from Google, it's getting too invasive these days, it's creepy the way Google watches everything I do. Plus having DuckDuckGo as an alternative will allow a comparison with the Google search page.

Edited by Drone

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to do the same thing with DuckDuckGo?

https://duckduckgo.com/

Supposedly, DuckDuckGo doesn't track you when you search. See here for the explanation:

https://duckduckgo.com/about

I'm trying to get away from Google, it's getting too invasive these days, it's creepy the way Google watches everything I do. Plus having DuckDuckGo as an alternative will allow a comparison with the Google search page.

You can just do:

Type:

site:fountainpennetwork.com

And put a space after that and type in your search.

Example:

site:fountainpennetwork.com montblanc

It works for any search engine based on Google. Duckduckgo is based on Google's system.

#Nope

• 4 years later...

BUMP

Lately I have seen several posts regarding people getting BAD RESULTS from searching the forum (it is NOT a particularly good search feature) and then needing to ask a question that has been asked and adequately answered before, thereby possibly missing out on some of the knowledge already here on the forum.

I was going to create a new post about how to use the site:fountainpennetwork.com option on google (as was pointed out very helpfully by another user in a thread a little while ago. But then, (through the magic OF the site:fountainpennetwork.com option...) i found THIS post

So, BUMP. :)

I hope this helps some newer users mine the wealth of knowledge here more quickly and efficiently :)

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.