Jump to content
Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Mechanical Pencils With Big Eraser?


Recommended Posts

These are amazing: http://www.pentel.com/store/clic-eraser


And you can buy refills for them. I have had mine since I was in college. As an accounting student erasing came in handy when doing homework. They clip to your pocket just like a pen or your mechanical pencil.


"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • beluga


  • karmakoda


  • Craigtbone


  • stuartk


Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about a Sumo Grip pencil? I use them religiously and love them. Twist eraser with no weird cap. Click-to-advance. Variety of sizes and colors. Wide girth and rubber grip.


And they're CHEAP.

No, that's not blood. That's Noodler's Antietam.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pentel twist-erase, Retro 51, Parker Duofold. Listed in order of increasing cost/class/lux....

Moshe ben David


"Behold, He who watches over Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 years later...

If someone still needs a replacement eraser which will fit the Parker Duofold SR mechanical pencil and have the metal grommet the old eraser was installed in....

Search on the 'net for OHTO 2.0mm Sharp Pencil. Replacement erasers are available for it which are 9mm in diameter.

They will fit into the Parker original metal grommet with a little persuasion and lighter fluid lubricant.

The replacements are a little bit short........FYI



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Somehow I seem to have missed the beginning of the thread before now.  Because otherwise I would have said to just get a separate eraser (either one of those white polymer ones, or a kneaded eraser).  There are also "click" erasers, like this: https://www.staples.com/Pentel-Clic-Eraser-with-Grip-3-Pack/product_264291 which have a tube eraser inside them (like a mechanical pencil or lead holder).  

Another possibility might be (if they fit over the end of the OP's mechanical pencil) these: https://www.staples.com/Staples-Cap-Erasers-Assorted-Dozen/product_771352 -- but I don't know how good they are (whereas I'm very familiar with the first three types and use them on a regular basis).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...