• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ravantra

• csmorris

• LYTH

• mrchan

Oops wrong forum! Sorry, please move. headsmack.gif

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

I love the colour and shading of this ink but I am not a fan of it's performance on cheap paper. I have experienced bad to very bad feathering on other than Claifontaine and Rhodia paper (post cards, cheap copy paper at the office, etc.)

The colors are so pretty and many of them shade so well in my big nibs that I simply spring for better paper and/or only write on one side of the page. :cloud9:

The colors are so pretty and many of them shade so well in my big nibs that I simply spring for better paper and/or only write on one side of the page. :cloud9:

I try to avoid the cheap stuff. This ink shades very well in my music nib and b nibs.

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

I'm really enjoying the ink to be honest. I prefer flex/italic nibs and have enjoyed using Steel Blue on my Rhodia notepads. I don't have as much of an issue with it on cheap paper, but that may be due to the Picadilly paper that I use for scribbling notes and the like.

Thanks for the review!

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." --Terry Pratchett

http://jamesthebard.net/files/signature_small.jpg

That is really beautiful. Thanks for the review, I doubt I would have considered this color prior to seeing your scan. Thanks for posting.

www.lettermatters.com

P.O. Box 196 Kingsburg, CA 93631

I've only done a brief dip test with a sample I have, but it seems to be in the same realm as Ku-jaku. I'll need to explore it more before I come to any conclusions, but I agree it is a very handsome color.

Robert.

Thanks for your review. I bought this ink on a whim and I've never been sorry - it's one of my favourites now. A really luscious colour and works well even in the fine nibs I prefer.

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

• 4 months later...

looks like a lot MB diamond blue. Very nice color in every case :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 11 months later...

Just got my hands on this lately and it's been my favourite blue for work purposes, so water-resistant too! Just brilliant, loving every minute of it!

Fountain pens are like weapons. They just make your pocket bleed so much.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm waiting for De Atramentis Atlantic blue. Then I will compare.

LYTH

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee402/LYTH1/031.jpg