• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pavoni

• Pen Nut

• camoandconcrete

• Pensively

Congratulations Pavoni! This is the definition of "Enthusiast".

Everything anyone could hope for and dream of, and a Patek. Oh my.

Wonderful to see the connection to, and appreciation of, the rich history of Montblanc. This is where the dramatic success of the Company has its roots.

Thank You for Sharing.

Greg

Dear Pavoni: I had to see your post one and another time, and still another one… It is great! While I am not an expert in historical Montblancs, your post is not only a pleasure for the eyes, but also a very stimulating reflection on the history of the brand and on the philosophy of collecting. I also really appreciate that your interest spans from the 1930s to modern pens, in a very unpresumptuous way (and I bet your 149 personalized nib is one of your finest). I never had before the opportunity to have a visual synopsis of Montblanc Meisterstück production, under the passionate guide of an expert like you: thank you so much for sharing the results of your passion.

that calatrava and 139 is a perfect match, MB is the Patek of pens...

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

outstanding collection :thumbup: very nice watch too

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Wow, you have set a wonderful example in passion and dedication for Collecting.

Your collection is fantastic, well done and congratulations.

A beautiful and extensive collection you have there, with respect to the rich history of the brand. Great! I can only dream of such a collection, but just looking at the pics is superb! And the watch is of course a dream, hopefully I will someday own a Patek as well ;)

Edited by Bart1979

• 3 weeks later...

thank you for sharing

it was a treat to watch those series of beauties

Enjoy your pens

Have a nice day

Junaid

Pavoni:

Love your Patek, the very definition of classic elegance. If I weren't the bum I am it would be on the top of my list. Instead I am into Panerai and IWC.

Best

Thanks so much for the amazing photos and fascinating commentary. I'd love to read more info on the process and ultimate result of obtaining and using the bespoke nib for your 149. Is there an appreciable difference when compared with present nibs? What type of things were done to obtain information for the bespoke nib?

Did there seem to be a more consistent and reliable flow of ink with this nib?

Thanks again for sharing.

Steve

• 1 month later...

I only lurk here for the most part, but really have to pop my head up and let you know that I think this is one of the most wonderful posts about a collecting hobby of any kind that I have ever come across. Not so much because the collection is impressive - which is obvious - but more so because of the discipline, clarity of focus, level of thoughtfulness, and the remarkable humility that shine through every word. Truly well done, and I wish you a lifetime of enjoyment of your wonderful collection.

Good organised collections with a clearly defined content/theme like yours can not be seen often. Congrats.

...now, it's me who is green with envy. Looking forward seeing what's next.

Thank you Christof, though I have taken inspiration from many of the good people here on FPN, particularly your good self. As for what is next......I have already started :thumbup:

Pavoni.

I only lurk here for the most part, but really have to pop my head up and let you know that I think this is one of the most wonderful posts about a collecting hobby of any kind that I have ever come across. Not so much because the collection is impressive - which is obvious - but more so because of the discipline, clarity of focus, level of thoughtfulness, and the remarkable humility that shine through every word. Truly well done, and I wish you a lifetime of enjoyment of your wonderful collection.

Thank you for taking the time to view and comment so kindly gutguido. :embarrassed_smile: Part of the enjoyment of collecting is in the sharing :)

Pavoni.

Hi Pavoni,

What a great collection and to read how you came to define it etc, was a joy to see and read

www.fontoplumo.nl

info@fontoplumo.nl

fpn_1344039922__imag0258.jpg

Pavoni.

What an absolutely fantastic collection of 'collections'! ...and that hobnail dialed PP is a beauty too! yikes.gif

Amazing - thanks so much for your eloquent writeup and wonderful photos as well.

Patek Philippe Annual Calendar 5146J, Calatrava 5127R / Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300ST / Montblanc: '80s 149 14C (F), 75th Anniv. RG O3B, 149 O3B & B, Meissen White B, Silver Barley B, Agatha SS M & Vermeil B, Dumas B, Verne B & others...

For sale: All in mint condition!! —Email me!

• * Nakaya Akatamenuri Writer Portable with Sterling Silver Snake stopper with Ruby eyes, 14k Elastic Soft nib.
  • * Montegrappa Extra 1930 Bamboo Black and Turtle Brown FPs (Both M-nibs)