Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Mandarin Duofolds, Bandless Duofolds, And Dj 51's

George

Hi,

I just wanted to get the expert's opinions on some pens that have recently sold on ebay. I am in the market for a nice vintage Duofold or double jeweled 51. The pens below all look so clean and ready to write with - would anyone recommend buying a pen from this seller? I believe he has sold pens under two names, jeujeff and jeffriad. Any comments about the pens or the seller would be appreciated.

Item 110868887807

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item19d04cf8ff&item=110868887807&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&rt=nc&si=j%252BnUVfHYhq7p%252FILTtELvDSFGMdE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#shId

Item 110869795965

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item19d05ad47d&item=110869795965&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&rt=nc&si=j%252BnUVfHYhq7p%252FILTtELvDSFGMdE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1288

Item 110908083335

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item19d2a30c87&item=110908083335&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&rt=nc&si=j%252BnUVfHYhq7p%252FILTtELvDSFGMdE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_725wt_1272

Regards,

George

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jerome Tarshis

• FarmBoy

• George

• opus7600

Top Posters In This Topic

There's been much discussion on "the other" pen board about these being fakes. I'm not expert enough to know how one could tell, but perhaps you might try sending email or a PM to David Nishimura to see why he thinks they're not legit.

I am trying to figure out how so many of these pens wound up in Buson. Parker perhaps had a secret factory there.

Todd

I forgot to let you know that the fish scales worked out nicely.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next great pen show is on schedule for August 27-28-29, 2021. If we all do what we need to do...you can Book your travel and tables and make SF 2021 the Return. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Actually, we may have found the answer to the Parker-factory-in-Shanghai mystery. It troubles a few people, such as me, that we hear in pendom about how the Shanghai Hero pen company arose from the ashes, or the confiscation, of a Parker factory in Shanghai. What troubles an easily confused person like me is that nobody in the Parker community has ever come forward with a Parker pen made in Shanghai, although China is not the world's smallest country and its population includes people who can read and write. What I never thought of is that Parker Shanghai may have been manufacturing pens exclusively for the Korean market. Perhaps even for a small part of Korea.

Given the volume of discussion about those particular pens and their maker, I'd advise you to stay away and look elsewhere. There are lots of other sellers with unimpeachable reputations. A budget of $250-300 should get you a nice DJ 51.

Check out my blog and my pens

Okay, this guy has sold at least 20 mandarin yellow duofolds, both junior and senior combined, in the last year alone. All of them seem to be mint condition...I'd be curious how many dealers have sold this many in such a short time?