New J.herbin 1670 Ink 2012: A New Color :-)

Epictete92

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Epictete92

• MrsGouletPens

• marcomillions

• mhphoto

While you were causing a fracas I snuck in and out in less than a minute! :P

Fracas? Moi? As Groucho said, "I resemble that remark."

Marc

When you say "black" to a printer in "big business" the word is almost meaningless, so innumerable are its meanings. To the craftsman, on the other hand, black is simply the black he makes --- the word is crammed with meaning: he knows the stuff as well as he knows his own hand. --- Eric Gill

Tried to order... shopping cart blew up... out of stock now... sadness setting in...

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

Heck, between adding it to my cart and trying to checkout, I lost out. In just the few seconds that passed between adding and pressing checkout, the bottle was removed from my cart and marked as out of stock :crybaby:

Take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly, and try another. But by all means, try something.

--Franklin D. Roosevelt

Oh my gosh! Now I feel terrible.

When you say "black" to a printer in "big business" the word is almost meaningless, so innumerable are its meanings. To the craftsman, on the other hand, black is simply the black he makes --- the word is crammed with meaning: he knows the stuff as well as he knows his own hand. --- Eric Gill

I had a full cart ready, and I received an error on my first attempt to check out. Fortunately, my second attempt was successful. Yeah, an expensive lunch break to say the least. Eleven bottles of ink including 1670 Blue Ocean and a couple spare nibs. :headsmack:

Condolences to those who missed out. Look at it this way: you have the benefit of seeing and reading others' feelings about the ink before it's restocked. Honestly, I don't expect to be wowed like I was with Rouge Hematite. Blue Ocean doesn't appear to feature the sheen, etc. of that ink, and well, it's yet another blue. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bottle or two turn up in the classifieds here once folks have tried it.

Less than a half-hour? Wow, that was fast. I got mine, along with some Ink Drop inks I'd put in the cart yesterday.

IIRC from Brian's review yesterday Bleu Ocean is going to become a regular color.

I don't plan on buying it. I see no reason to. The ink color and behavior looks similar to a wide myriad of other inks that are substantially less costly.

Unless the user reviews say otherwise, I see no reason for the costly purchase.

I'll buy it -- whether I like it or not -- just for the sake of collection and comparison. Even if its bottle neck opening is something my M1000 can't handle.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I don't plan on buying it. I see no reason to. The ink color and behavior looks similar to a wide myriad of other inks that are substantially less costly.

Yeah, not excited at all. I already have plenty of über-saturated blues.

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26703474.jpg
http://www.penspaperink.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/inkdrop1-e1334855917418.jpeghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

Same here. My love of blues meant they were disproportionately represented in my early purchases, and I'm still working my way through them. I can rationalize no good reason to buy yet another one, that has no clearly differentiated qualities, and is premium-priced, to boot.

I do expect some good reviews from you clicksters, however :)

Order # 1 for the 1670 ink right here =] Had to call in to Goulets after my order since the site crashed for me right after submitting payment - calling in gave me the chance to ask for a nice doodle commemorating being order #1 :thumbup:

Amusingly, I think I was also Jean Elie's order # 1 on Paper & Co according to her email. What can I say, I love blue inks (and limited editions)

Edited by immaculate

I bought a bottle. Sure, it might be just another blue, but I love blues. If I tried to justify every purchase, I'd have 1 pen and 1 bottle of ink. Well, actually, if I really had to justify my purchases of writing instruments and ink, I'd use the free ballpoints from my doctor's office.

What can I say...ink makes me happy. :thumbup:

I bought a bottle. Sure, it might be just another blue, but I love blues. If I tried to justify every purchase, I'd have 1 pen and 1 bottle of ink. Well, actually, if I really had to justify my purchases of writing instruments and ink, I'd use the free ballpoints from my doctor's office.

What can I say...ink makes me happy. :thumbup:

Can't argue with that! +1 on bought a bottle, and +1 on love the blues! I'm now waiting for someone to post a comparison of Ocean Blue and Parker Penman Sapphire... which is still IMHO the king of blues. :rolleyes:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpgMember since July 2012... so many inks, so little time!

To err is human, to make a real mess, you need a computer.