New J.herbin 1670 Ink 2012: A New Color :-)

Epictete92

Hey guys, for those in the US, I just confirmed it will also be available in September. Same price as Rouge Hematite, and it does NOT replace it... Rouge Hematite will continue to be produced (yay!!). Part of a new collection of deep rich colors with high dye contents. :cloud9:

Any chance you will handle this as a preorder instead of a notification? Would avoid the stampede and you could order what you need. I'd be happy to pre-order now! I suppose you would have to know if amts would be limited.

Rachel I'm sure will respond, but I would be shocked to see them move back to pre-order. While the stampedes for a lot of the Noodler's flex pens were sort of crazy, a lot of that has now settled down because Rachel has learned several tricks to making product releases work better. Pre-orders are difficult because of several factors I believe she has cited:

1) You can never be assured of allotment until it's in your hand (even if you get an advance manifest because things break!)

2) Pre-orders can preclude an item from EVER being listed as available on your site, which doesn't really look good for a retailer

3) Pre-orders are an administrative nightmare compared to releasing the product and letting things work out

4) Pre-orders just aren't as democratic as releases

To me, the fifth element is that there are retailers who will accept pre-orders. Heck, some of them aren't even really that good about specifying if your order is an in stock order or a preorder. The Goulets do it a bit differently. Given my schedule and lack of certainty about whether I'll be in front of a computer when a release happens, I understand the desire for pre-order. I see why the Goulets have chosen to go in a different direction.

+1000000... he said it well!

That is correct, we will not be doing any pre-orders... I have absolutely no idea as to what the availability is going to be at this point, I would hate to take money from folks and commit to something we can't fulfill. But believe me, we will order as many as we can to try to avoid a sell-out-immediately situation. :thumbup:

As long as its in the "coming soon" section we can log into the site and use the email alert whens its available correct ?

VERY glad to hear you will be getting this. :puddle:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Epictete92

• MrsGouletPens

• marcomillions

• mhphoto

That thing about the bottle's neck size is the only single thing I can think of which warrants any improvement. My M1000 is peeved about the red 1670 bottle. Heck, the 30 30-ml regulars are no problem!

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Wow! Perfect for my MB ice Blue Starwalker and my Blue Visocnit Remrandt! I love Blue and silver pens and if this ink is like it's predecessor, I can't wait! So much for my "no more ink for 12 months" resolution. This site is sending me bankrupt! blush.gif

Edited by Newjelan

.... This site is sending me bankrupt! blush.gif

I'm afraid to say that you're not the only one in this boat (well, actually not all that afraid. I've lived up to now....)

As long as its in the "coming soon" section we can log into the site and use the email alert whens its available correct ?

Absolutely! Once I get a product code and a little more information, I'll get it listed on our site. September is still a little ways away. :)

Hmm... Herbin's answer to R&K's LE blau swartz?

Looking forward very much to the review of this... I'm a sucker for a good BB ink :headsmack:

Jack.

Express Nib Grinding Down Under at AUSSIE PEN REPAIR

Email: aussiepenrepair@gmail.com

logo%2520resize.jpg

Hmm... Herbin's answer to R&K's LE blau swartz?

Jack.

Again, for the sake of comparisons....

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/RK_Herbin_prices.jpg

Mike

ooooh, purdy *rubs hands in glee*

Now, that rouge hematite looked nice and all, but me and red inks? naah. But this, now THIS is my ink! I do believe this is the first LE ink I'm going to try!

I love that the prices aren't crazy - it may be a limited edition, but I feel it's accessible even if you're on the broke-ish side. I mean the Iroshizuku stuff seems lovely, but at like a dollar/euro a ml, it ends up stressing me out about whether I'm writing something 'worthy' with it, and so I don't end up really using it as I should. And mine was just a Goulet sample!

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

the regular inks are 30ml and the LE is 50ml so the price is not bad at all.

i wish there's silver particles on the ink like the gold on the red ink :thumbup:

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

i wish there's silver particles on the ink like the gold on the red ink :thumbup:

ME TOO!!! Or even gold particles. Just ... *something*. I kind of think J. Herbin should do a whole run of inks of different colours with gold/silver particles in them. :cloud9:

all we will need is an empty bottle for the middle of the flag.

Naah, what we need is a FP safe white ink. :thumbup:

As for the new 1670, I'm relieved that it's not replacing Rouge Hematite, looking forward to trying another interesting looking blue, and a bit disappointed that it won't have metallic iridescence (silver would be lovely with the blue). All at the same time....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

all we will need is an empty bottle for the middle of the flag.

Naah, what we need is a FP safe white ink. :thumbup:

As for the new 1670, I'm relieved that it's not replacing Rouge Hematite, looking forward to trying another interesting looking blue, and a bit disappointed that it won't have metallic iridescence (silver would be lovely with the blue). All at the same time....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Soooo, I don't get it, about the silver (or other color) particles: do we know for sure that they aren't there, or do we not yet know either way? IOW, is there still hope or not anymore lol. 'Cause, I could sure picture myself using this as my go-to 'good' ink - and at 14 and change, the price makes it possible. Okay, not a shopping list ink, but definitely a journaling etc ink.

I think it's important to know these things to be prepared to rush and buy as soon as it becomes available *pompous look*

;-)

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

Hey guys, for those in the US, I just confirmed it will also be available in September. Same price as Rouge Hematite, and it does NOT replace it... Rouge Hematite will continue to be produced (yay!!). Part of a new collection of deep rich colors with high dye contents. :cloud9:

Sounds great! Have to get on the list for this one.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Absolutely! Once I get a product code and a little more information, I'll get it listed on our site. September is still a little ways away. :)

That's peak Atlantic Hurricane Season....but then we can't be worried about a little thing like that now! :unsure:

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

I would love to get on some sort of list, even though you aren't pre ordering.

In order to appreciate the sweet, you must truly taste the bitter....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

the gold or silver "particles" are because of the absorption-reflection properties.

light reflects off the paper, which is absorbed by the ink. But the light is also reflected or even perhaps fluoresces from the ink molecules and particles, especially if there is eosin in the ink.

chlorophyll looks green when you look at the leaf, but if you dissolve it in alcohol and look through it, it seems red.

Sometimes the cat needs a new cat toy. And sometimes I need a new pen.

It's certainly a beautiful bottle, and I'm sure it will be a truly gorgeous color, but without the sheen (particularly the silver sheen so many of us requested) I don't think I'll be ordering it. The gorgeous golden shimmer is what makes me deal with the (sometimes) poorly behaved Rouge Hematite. We'll see though.

Edited by mhphoto

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg