Brisbane Pen Group

Twoodi

May 2018 Brisbane Fountain Pen Meet

Event for Fountain Pens Australia

at Newstead Brewing Co., 85 Doggett Street, Newstead, Queensland from 12 (noon) onwards.

RSVP here and I will notify the organiser.

post-105084-0-40217300-1526469012_thumb.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RedDingo

• effrafax

• Zut Alors

• Twoodi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Danny, I'm still in Aus for the time being, so will be at the next couple of meetings, at least.

Edited by effrafax

Cheers,

Effrafax.

"It is a well known and much lamented fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it"

Douglas Adams ("The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy - The Original Radio Scripts").

• 3 months later...

August Brisbane Pen Group

August 2018 Brisbane Fountain Pen Meet

Event for Fountain Pens Australia

at Newstead Brewing Co., 85 Doggett Street, Newstead, Queensland from 12 (noon) onwards.

You can RSVP here and I will notify the organiser, alternatively confirm your attendance at the Fountain Pens Australia Facebook site.

post-105084-0-91672900-1535025640_thumb.jpg

Edited by RedDingo

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads-up for anyone who is interested.

The September Penmanship and Calligraphy workshops:

1). Logan West library (Browns Plains) Wed 12th @ 1pm-4pm (2nd Wed)
2). Jimboomba (Cafe on Cusack) Fri 14th @ 1pm-3pm (2nd Fri)
3). Hyperdome library, Tue 18th @ 5pm-8pm (3rd Tue)
4). Beenleigh library, Wed 19th @ 9:30-12:30 (3rd Wed)
5). Logan North library (Springwood) Thu 27th @ 5pm-8pm (4th Thu)

The workshops are promoted through Eventbrite and Eventfinda or reply to me here. I also have a Facebook site "Logan Pen and Calligraphy Group".

cheers . .

The Brisbane Fountain Pen Australia meeting is on 29th September at Newstead Brewing Co. 85 Doggett Street, Newstead from 12pm-4pm.

You're welcome to register through the Facebook site or here. I'll be driving up from Beaudesert so if you live on the southside then happy to car pool.

post-105084-0-65652900-1536411010_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody, as a new old lurker, I have decided to leave the shadows and get more active. I am so glad the Brisbane group seems to be taking off. Pity I missed the meeting in Capalaba, since I am only in Cleveland.

Will do my best to get to the meeting end of this month,

Hein

• 1 month later...

I have been remiss and not posted the information for this Saturday's Brisbane meeting.

Comment or pm me so I can pass your RSVP onto the organiser.

post-105084-0-47162500-1540417476_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It's happening again. Only a few days notice for the Brisbane Fountain Pen Meet. You know the drill, send an RSVP here or pop onto the Facebook Site and register

Saturday 24th November from 120m-4pm at the Newstead Brewing Co, 85 Doggett Street, Newstead. Nice sunny day so nobody has an excuse.

post-105084-0-25002100-1542803042.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If you can't make it to the monthly Brisbane pen meetings (last Saturday) then come along to these weekday events.

The December Penmanship and Calligraphy workshops:

1). Logan West library (Browns Plains) Wed 12th @ 1pm-4pm (2nd Wed)
2). Jimboomba (Cafe on Cusack) Fri 14th @ 1pm-3pm (2nd Fri)
3). Hyperdome library, Tue 18th @ 5pm-8pm (3rd Tue)
4). Beenleigh library, Wed 19th @ 9:30-12:30 (3rd Wed)
5). Logan North library (Springwood) Thu 27th @ 5pm-8pm (4th Thu)

— NB. Springwood workshops will change in 2019 to 2nd Thurs.

The workshops are also promoted through Eventbrite and Eventfinda or reply to me here. There is also a Facebook site "Logan Pen and Calligraphy Group".

Looking forward to meeting you there.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Is there anyone from Far North Queensland around. I would love to start a meet up up here but I don't know anyone that uses fountain pens but me.

Lee:)

I'm learning as I go. I am slightly obsessed with Fountain Pens!

www.penspaperink.com

• 4 months later...

The next Brisbane pen meeting for 2019. Saturday 25th May.

Don't miss all the fun! . . and all the ink samples. :)

See you there!

(You can add your confirmation to the Facebook site (Event for Fountain Pens Oceania) or reply here and I'll pass on your RSVP.)

post-105084-0-29246800-1557489457.png

• 4 weeks later...

The next monthly meeting is on 29th June at Newstead Brewery.

post-105084-0-44468300-1559458848.jpg

If you have any questions then post here or send a pm.

You're also welcome to register directly on the Events page at the "Fountain Pen Oceania" Facebook site.

I look forward to seeing you there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I know we are in pandemic crisis mode but are the Brisbane pen meetings still going ahead once we return to a semi-normal life?

Thanks,,

Owen

I think there was talk on the FB groups. The biggest issue with the Newstead Brewery is they are apparently only taking bookings for tables of 6 at the moment. I think there are plans to consider other temporary venues