A brighter Noodler's Greune Cactus

clmurphy

I love Noodler's Greune Cactus, and write with it almost daily. However, I wanted a little brighter color and a little shading. I found this mix does the trick.

3.0 mL Year of the Golden Pig

0.2 mL Greune Cactus

I really bright green with lots of shading from a wet medium and a bold nib. Also did a soak test and the yellow from golden pig remained, so I guess sort of made my green somewhat water resistant. :thumbup:

Now if only Noodler's would make a refillable dry-erase marker, I would buy a lifetime supply....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ink Stained Wretch

• clmurphy

• mhphoto

• pearlbeer

I love Noodler's Greune Cactus, and write with it almost daily. However, I wanted a little brighter color and a little shading. I found this mix does the trick.

3.0 mL Year of the Golden Pig

0.2 mL Greune Cactus

I really bright green with lots of shading from a wet medium and a bold nib. Also did a soak test and the yellow from golden pig remained, so I guess sort of made my green somewhat water resistant. :thumbup:

I was told by a well known vendor that the highlighter inks were really not to be used in fountain pens. I was told that the highlighter inks would clog the pens, that's why a refillable highlighter is supplied with the ink. I'd wanted to mix some truly odd color combinations, but I backed off when I was told that the highlighter inks were not for fountain pens.

How long have you been writing with this ink mixture? What pens have you used it in? Have you experienced any clogging with it?

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I asked the Goulets if it was okay to use the Noodler's highlighter inks and they said it was cool. I'm thinking the problem came more from mixing it with non-highlighter ink than running it through a fountain pen.

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

Noodler's Kung Te Cheng sort of had the same caveats -- only use it in the pens packaged with it (a Platinum Preppy and a I-forget-what-brand cheapie brush pen, both eyedroppers). Works in my Konrad fine, athough admittedly a high maintenance ink (in fact it was the first ink that worked really well in it, because it's a fairly wet writer otherwise).

I've actually considered playing around with the highlighter inks a bit (I have Lightning Blue and Dragon Catfish Pink) to see if I can come up with a violet highlighter color; I've also considered mixing DCP with De Atramentis Jeanne d'Arc, to see if I can salvage the sample at all -- it's a pretty color but way too light for general use.

At the moment I have DCP in the brush pen that came with KTC, rather than in the supplied highlighter pen, and the brush pen seems to work pretty well for that use....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."