ESSRI mixes

Sandy1

Sandy, I've never noticed this post before. WOW, this is wonderful. Thank you.

Hi,

You're welcome!

Many thanks for your compliment.

Bye,

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sandy1

• UDog

• RobbW

• Flaxmoore

Top Posters In This Topic

I am *very* late to this thread. Wow. Anyone would *want* to mix ESSRI ?!? I love this ink more and more as the years pass. In fact, if it weren't for Herbin Perle Noire, I think I would give in to ESSRI alone. But I am just now beginning to use ESSRI in anything but third-tier lever pens whose feeds can be quickly removed ...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, all this stuff is leading me to consider getting a Pilot Plumix and a bottle of ESSRI, even after my rather difficult experience with Chesterfield Archival Vault...

Hi,

I've a Plumix + ESSRI combo running without maintenance for quite some time.

To enable start-up and avoid dry-out, a humid environment for the nib+feed is desired. I suggest keeping the pen full of ink, and rinse the internals of the cap and leave it wet before recapping and letting it rest.

I added a bit of silicone grease to the cap:section seal, but that might be OTT.

Bye,

S1

Edited by Sandy1

I am *very* late to this thread. Wow. Anyone would *want* to mix ESSRI ?!? I love this ink more and more as the years pass. In fact, if it weren't for Herbin Perle Noire, I think I would give in to ESSRI alone. But I am just now beginning to use ESSRI in anything but third-tier lever pens whose feeds can be quickly removed ...

Hi,

Well, these things are undertaken as a matter of curiosity, so who knows where that goes? Do we have a happy face or not?

In some of my work the success ratio is less than 10%; and I've taken some good thumps in the dojo, etc. so 'no' is always valid.

(I can hold my own in a pillow fight so long as the others don't know that I'm ticklishish)

As ever, we hope to enable enjoyment and avoid unrewarding options.

Bye,

S1

Edited by Sandy1

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm. I wonder what the insane vibrancy of BSB might do with the iron will of ESSRI. Maybe a britisher with a blue tie?

Physician- signing your scripts with Skrips!

I'm so tough I vacation in Detroit.

Hmmm. I wonder what the insane vibrancy of BSB might do with the iron will of ESSRI. Maybe a britisher with a blue tie?

Hi,

I appreciate your willingness to sail uncharted waters, but from what I've read, the Baystate series of inks are not intend to be blended with other inks - there be dragons!!

Yet should Good Fortune smile upon you, a dip pen ink might result during the interval between your SPAS12 running dry and salvaging the inky remnants. :)

Please take good notes, so that should your adventure go pear-shaped, others will know to steer clear of that inky cove.

Another day in the life of an ink blender - hoist your sails...

Bye,

S1

I cast this missive into the inky seas in hope that someone somewhere may read of it, and know of my fate...

30th May, Anno Domini 2017

Location, 42 North and 83 West per the sextant.

As Captain of the Longbow, late of the Port of Detroit, I took on a new group of sailors to replace those that have been lost to retirement and leave. A large group of a British seafaring clan called the Registrars volunteered, and in their service they have been exemplary. Their record precedes them, and justly. Also taken aboard for in the roles of Able Seamen was a roguish clan from the Massachusetts Commonwealth, calling themselves the Baystates. Not proven, but surely they can be brought to heel.

An attempt was made at a working relationship, using four of the solid, dependable Registrar's, and one of these roguish newcomers calling themselves Baystate. Typically, four of that venerable British class are enough to subdue nearly any foe.

Their containment was in a Lamy Al-Star, a vessel well-chosen for containing a volatile mixture. After allowing this motley crew to work together for a day and try to learn each other's ways, they were contained.

Initial results were promising. Baystate and the Brits singing in harmony, the brilliant blue slowly giving way to rich blackness. Conversation was a bit dry, so to speak, but it did flow well enough.

Some slight hesitation was seen at getting so disparate of classes together, but they did work together. On the morrow, a different blend of two of the Baystate scoundrels and three of the Britishers will be attempted. May God have mercy.

I remain, in inky service,

Yours,

Flaxmoore.

Edited by Flaxmoore

Physician- signing your scripts with Skrips!

I'm so tough I vacation in Detroit.