Devil's Dictionary

plistumi

Glad you are all enjoying the doodles. Today's word is EPAULET. I used a Danitrio Sho-Hakkaku in Midori-dame green. This is bad because I may have caught the urushi bug. The ink is a sample from Sailor Rikyu-cha which our urushu enabler par excellence, Ethernautrix sent me. Thank you Ether for a beautiful color!

My pleasure! I'm glad you like it -- that midori Danitrio is gorgeous!

Many times, that ink dries to a brownish shade; seems it's a bit more sage-ish with a hint of brown in your illustration. I like it! The Sailor Rikyu Cha is changeable and beguiling. Thrilled that you're using it for your illustrations!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• plistumi

• amberleadavis

• ethernautrix

• Newjelan

Ethernautrix, this ink is interesting indeed. It did dry greenish on the ivory paper of the Leuchtturm notebook, but it dried with a brownish tone on the white paper of the Banditapple notebook.

Look at the EPIGRAM:

fpn_1359127764__epigram_002.jpg

An eye for insignificant details is a good sign you will do just fine in medical school...

As a sharp wit and powerful sarcasm is a sign that you already have.

Somebody

I love Epigram! And the epigrams, too.

The ink is a changeling. For those who complain about how boring black ink is, they should try this Rikyu Cha; it's seldom the same on different papers, from different pens.

etherX in To Miasto

Here is some more Rikyu Cha with the ivory paper. Once again... greenish. The words are EPICURE and EPITAPH.

fpn_1359235702__epicure_epitaph_003.jpg

An eye for insignificant details is a good sign you will do just fine in medical school...

Somebody

"Pull my finger."

:-D

Hee hee, I couldn't refrain from slipping that among the epitaphs. Bad, bad Plistumi.

Anyways, today's word is ERUDITION. I had to include the pen again, is it just soooo pretty! The green with the brown and the orange/brown. Yum! The left side of the journal is the back view of ENVELOPE.

fpn_1359319763__erudition_004.jpg

Somebody

Today's words are ESOTERIC and ETHNOLOGY. Enjoy!

fpn_1359387939__esoteric_ethnology_005.jpg

Somebody

Like today's offerings -- particularly the ink colors.

How did you like using Leviathan? I really liked the color when I tried a sample of it; however, I found it a somewhat frustrating ink to use, being both very wet and free flowing (almost too much so) but also cloggy, with a tendency towards making the pen a hard starter after a day or two. Have not tried Siren, but it seems to be a really nice color as well.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Here are more words: EUCHARIST and EULOGY. Ha! Looks like I forgot to take out the line guide that helps me keep my lettering straight.

inkstainedruth: I, too, only have samples of this ink. The colors are indeed very nice and, like you, have also encountered some difficulty getting it to flow in my pens.

fpn_1359472228__eucharist_eulogy_006.jpg

Somebody

Today's words are EVANGELIST and EVERLASTING. The ink is Diamine Chocolate Brown, one of my favorite colors and the pen is a very flexible Swan. It is a delicious combination!

fpn_1359601326__evangelist_everlasting_007.jpg

Somebody

Hi,

This impressive post made me discover the Devil's Dictionary and I enjoy that book.

I read it on the go and take notes of some definitions I prefer.

Please let me join with a simple italic writing for Armor:

post-98160-0-15355400-1359607970.jpg

Pens :

Sheaffer Viewpoint - cartridge blue (not sure if I could fit a converter in a viewpoint...)

Pilot Metropolitan - Iroshizuku Momiji

Ahab - Waterman Brown

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/8293/fpnsignature.jpg

Today's words are EVANGELIST and EVERLASTING. The ink is Diamine Chocolate Brown, one of my favorite colors and the pen is a very flexible Swan. It is a delicious combination!

fpn_1359601326__evangelist_everlasting_007.jpg

I love how you've made the gate look wooden. So good!

etherX in To Miasto

Hi,

This impressive post made me discover the Devil's Dictionary and I enjoy that book.

I read it on the go and take notes of some definitions I prefer.

Please let me join with a simple italic writing for Armor:

I like it! Nice illumination of the "A"

Today's words are EXCPETION and EXCESS.

fpn_1359647463__exception_excess008.jpg

Somebody

Those 2 Scribal inks are beautiful - very elegant - as is Diamine Chocolate Brown. Wonderful pictures and your lettering is looking really good.

Those 2 Scribal inks are beautiful - very elegant - as is Diamine Chocolate Brown. Wonderful pictures and your lettering is looking really good.

The inks are indeed nice. I am slowly learning the lettering. Still, more practice is needed.

Today's word is EXCOMMUNICATION:

fpn_1359733803__excommunication.jpg

Somebody

Today's word is EXHORT. I am also posting EXCOMMUNICATION again because I forgot to finish the angel's wings. Ooops!

fpn_1359905360__excommunication_exhort_010.jpg

Somebody

What's with the two black squares, or for that matter the white ones, being together?

I LOVE these illustrations!

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice; damn

There goes that fox again.

What's with the two black squares, or for that matter the white ones, being together?

I LOVE these illustrations!

Let us call it poetic license, an internal joke... something like that. Sounds better than I made mistake that I could have but did not photoshop off. happyberet.gif

Simonced. Thanks for your contribution. I like your calligraphy.

Today's words are EXILE and EXISTENCE.

fpn_1359986881__exile_existence_011.jpg

Edited by plistumi

Somebody

Quick post today. Gotta go see a show. The word is EXECUTIVE. It was executed with a Pelikan Piazza Navona and Noodler's Black.

fpn_1360098385__executive_01_012.jpg

fpn_1360098452__executive_02_013.jpg

Somebody