Fountain Pen Day is now an official date in the AutoMan Schedule definitions:

DEFINE DAY ( CHRISTMAS )

AS ( 25TH DAY OF EACH DECEMBER )

ADD CATEGORY ( BANK_HOLIDAY )

* Boxing Day is the day after Christmas except if it falls on

* Saturday or Sunday, in which case the holiday is taken on

* the following Monday.

DEFINE DAY ( BOXING_DAY )

AS ( 26TH DAY OF EACH DECEMBER WHERE (DOW IS NOT (SAT SUN))

OR 1ST MON AFTER 26TH DAY OF DEC )

DESCRIPTION ( 'UK BANK HOLIDAY' )

* Other Day Definitions

DEFINE DAY ( THANKSGIVING )

AS (4TH THURS OF NOV)

ADD CATEGORY ( HOLIDAY )

DEFINE DAY ( COLUMBUS_DAY )

AS (2ND MON OF OCT)

* International Fountain Pen Day

DEFINE DAY ( FOUNTAIN_PEN_DAY)

AS (1ST FRI OF NOV)

* US Election Day

DEFINE DAY ( ELECTION_DAY )

AS ( 1ST TUESDAY AFTER 1ST MONDAY OF NOVEMBER OF EACH YEAR )

DESCRIPTION ( 'US ELECTION DAY ' )

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• melissa59

• N2theBreach

• Earthdawn

• Scrawler

Works for me!

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

I have just had word from Roger Waskow of Waskow Pens http://www.waskowpens.com.au/ that he will be participating by offering specials for a period of time before and including Fountain Pen Day.

I just sent him an email with a link to the site etc. Thank You !!! :thumbup:

Fountain Pen Day is now an official date in the AutoMan Schedule definitions:

DEFINE DAY ( CHRISTMAS )

AS ( 25TH DAY OF EACH DECEMBER )

* Boxing Day is the day after Christmas except if it falls on

* Saturday or Sunday, in which case the holiday is taken on

* the following Monday.

DEFINE DAY ( BOXING_DAY )

AS ( 26TH DAY OF EACH DECEMBER WHERE (DOW IS NOT (SAT SUN))

OR 1ST MON AFTER 26TH DAY OF DEC )

DESCRIPTION ( 'UK BANK HOLIDAY' )

* Other Day Definitions

DEFINE DAY ( THANKSGIVING )

AS (4TH THURS OF NOV)

ADD CATEGORY ( HOLIDAY )

DEFINE DAY ( COLUMBUS_DAY )

AS (2ND MON OF OCT)

* International Fountain Pen Day

DEFINE DAY ( FOUNTAIN_PEN_DAY)

AS (1ST FRI OF NOV)

* US Election Day

DEFINE DAY ( ELECTION_DAY )

AS ( 1ST TUESDAY AFTER 1ST MONDAY OF NOVEMBER OF EACH YEAR )

DESCRIPTION ( 'US ELECTION DAY ' )

WOW... very cool... How did you do that ! :notworthy1:

The syntax of days and period definitions was designed by a university in the US and I designed the language interpreter that understands the meaning of the words, and the scheduling software that causes work to happen according to schedules that use these words. The definition of FOUNTAIN_PEN_DAY is now a standard part of the software and will be included forever in the distribution package.

The syntax of days and period definitions was designed by a university in the US and I designed the language interpreter that understands the meaning of the words, and the scheduling software that causes work to happen according to schedules that use these words. The definition of FOUNTAIN_PEN_DAY is now a standard part of the software and will be included forever in the distribution package.

That's pretty definite. I guess it's the 21st century version of "etched in stone." :)

Fountain Pen Day is becoming a reality!

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron from http://www.zellerwritingcompany.com has rebuilt the site and incorporated the new blog as well.

Scrawler got Fountain Pen Day as an official date in the AutoMan Schedule definitions.

esaitchkay has made up flyers that we have available HERE

18 vendors and counting ~ FYI we have got some BIG vendors on board.

240 on Facebook and counting

27 followers on Twitter

There are other things in the works that are "under wraps" but some vendors are offering a discount and some are looking at ways to do a give away.

http://www.fountainPenDay.com

http://www.facebook.com/FountainPenDay

Get on our Twitter and retweet, Like the Facebook page, write to vendors you know and ask if they are celebrating & share your passion with others.

A Wiki page has been setup but not done. I don't know how to work on it though I have been trying to read up on it.

ANYONE who has some ideas and wants to jump in and help PLEASE do !!!

You can PM me or email @ info@FountainPenDay.com

How did I not see this thread before?

Any more updates from anyone?

I'm in.

All I want is 1 more pen, and 1 more bottle of ink, and maybe 1 more pad of paper. Well, at least until tomorrow. Oh yeah, and throw in that bottle of single malt. Is that asking for too much?

thanks Chris.

I've been telling everyone I work with about Fountain Pen Day already and even put it on the work calendar! The supply manager for the office (and fellow FP fan) has been ordering Pilot Varsity pens to stock up and "force" the whole office to use them! I think one of the "goals" or "things we should do on FPD" is introduce someone new to a fountain pen or give someone a fountain pen. Let's not just spread the word, but spread the experience!

FOUNTAIN PEN REVOLUTION!!!!!!

Of course I have pen and paper ready!

• 3 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity... how does one go about... creating an international holiday... anyway?

Simple. Get representatives from all the nations gathered in one place. Then, they can

agree to . . . . . . . . Oh, gee !

Dear colleagues, I support the initiative, I write predstavdyat Russia. I am in your midst. Great idea: November 4, day fountain pen!

Alexander Pen Company is supporting as well.

Free shipping to all customers on Fountain Pen Day with the check out code "FPD"

Can't wait!

Alexander Pen Co. - J.Herbin 1670 Bleu Ocean In Stock Now!

Visit our online store, based in Toronto, Ontario

www.alexanderpenco.com

$10 Flat Rate Shipping Now Available All Across Canada!

Alexander Pen Company is supporting as well.

Free shipping to all customers on Fountain Pen Day with the check out code "FPD"

Can't wait!

Hey sounds great! welcome and congrats on your newest venture! Ill get your logo and link on the site later today. Did you send your logo to Cary (or myself) or do you mind if I grab it from your website? Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I wish we could have a National Fountain Pen or Handwriting Day on the first Friday of every month. Once a year is too fleeting! National Handwriting Day is coming up fast on January 23rd; it is also my birthday, which explains my attraction to note taking. Did you know it was formed by the Writing Instrument Manufacturers Association (WIMA)?

One of the presentations was on the "National Ink Library" which was not what it seemed, it was rather an overview on where inks come from and how the US Fed Gov tests for authenticity. I see that they could benefit from this group!

Did everyone know that there is a National Day on Writing? It was 10/17 What a great idea :thumbup:

Perhaps we could have a new Mod for each of these days help us get organized like the National Fountain Pen Day is!

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia