Diamine Meadow

DanielCoffey

Four colours on that one page? Counting both sides...

Ruth, if you wanted a darker green you could try Diamine Green/Black too... or you could experiment with blending.

Just looked at the swab and writing sample on the Goulet Pens website and I think that's going to be *too* dark a green for my tastes. I have some of Pharmacist's Darkening Absinthe (which I haven't tried yet) and Turkish Night, and TN may be about as dark as I want to go in the green family.

I had really liked the scans of Kelly Green because it was very bright and cheery -- it's just that it turned out to be *too* light a color for my taste.

Ah well, c'est la vie. The sample of PR Spearmint has arrived and I'll see how I like that. Different (pen) strokes for different folks: some people ooh and ahh over colors that make me gag and that I would NEVER put in a pen. :rolleyes:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DanielCoffey

• MyDarnSnakeLegs

• pen2paper

• inkstainedruth

it's a lovely ink. A true green, in my own words, compared to other so called "greens". I'm looking at you, Diamine Dark Green!

This PigPog Blog post http://pigpog.com/2007/02/10/fountain-pen-inks/comment-page-1/#comment-745]2006-09-08 notes that people who use green ink have questionable mental stability. New Scientist magazine columnists have sometimes reported on strange theories arriving in green ink. My thought was that Diamine Dark Green might be a culprit... Meadow looks a much nicer colour. Much more sane :) And Evergreen and Green-Black are great.

I reckon that if liking green ink was ever found to be a serious measure of sanity (or lack thereof), then we should all be issued with a bottle when we create our forum accounts here!

I reckon that if liking green ink was ever found to be a serious measure of sanity (or lack thereof), then we should all be issued with a bottle when we create our forum accounts here!

There's many a true word spoken in jest :)

There's many a true word spoken in jest :)

Well, they say that a deranged mind is an indication of not having enough greens. Or was it proteins?

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

No, you misheard... a deranged mind is an indication of not having enough ink.

Gosh! That is just LOVELY, but I think the nib gunk is a deal breaker for me (I retired Diamine Pumpkin from the collection for that reason). :bonk:

Kushbaby

I like eating peanuts with chopsticks...

Diamine Meadow Green is a pleasant grassy colour. It leans towards yellow where Apple Glory leans towards blue.

On green ink, I always had the impression this meant the brash green of a Bic or the bog-standard green offering from Waterman, Parker and the makes you can find anywhere: the sort of intense emerald green that's the traditional colour of envy or jealousy, and not the lighter, vegetal greens (Meadow, Alt-Goldgruen, Vert olive, Waka-uguisu) or the darker bottle greens (Zhivago, Racing Green). And this is from the days when only a few colours were commonly available, people generally wrote in black or blue, and green was the oddball colour there was no 'legitimate' use for (such as red for bookkeeping).

So unless you have Lamy Green, you're probably all right... :rolleyes:

Even if you still have doubts, green ink for a scientific paper is way saner than dotting an i with a big round love heart, using glittery gel pens or - I kid you not, I've seen this - writing squarish letters against a ruler on the baseline.

Currently, I am love with this ink. Your scans are very accurate. Thanks for the review.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Currently, I am love with this ink. Your scans are very accurate. Thanks for the review.

I love this ink, It is easy to read and seems to lighten my mood while doing so.

I have had it in a cheap old Parker from france with a Bold nib for a bit over 3 weeks and have had no crud like you have shown and the lid on the Parker is not that air tight.

This is the first bright green I have liked and will be a regular along with the Olive Drab like green I usually like.

thanks for the review :thumbup: this color looks like a lighter variant of mb irish green

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I agree that Meadow's quite close to Kelly Green, but that the Meadow is mellower. Also, I have noticed similar gunk buildup with Kelly Green (though not yet with Meadow) -- maybe the component responsible is the same. There are at least 4 components in Meadow, you can tell by dropping some dilute ink on a dry paper towel (leave plenty of uninked area) and waiting for it to dry.

Daniel,

Thanks for your great review. I have been using the Diamine Meadow ink quite a bit since its release, both in pens with firm and flexible nibs. I am so pleased with this ink that it has become one of my favorite green inks. Great looking color, great shading capabilities, quick drying time, no clogging, and wonderful performance in all pens this ink has been in. At the moment, I am using Diamine Meadow in a vintage Pelikan 140 pen in striated green celluloid.

Thanks again for all the wonderful ink reviews you have shared with us lately.

Tu Amigo!

Mauricio Aguilar

www.VintagePen.net

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3525/4051556482_36f28f0902_m.jpg

E-Mail: VintagePen@att.net

Ooh, I have seen some of those vintage green celluloid pens - a nice match!

Thanks for another great review! This looks like it has more shading and seems slightly deeper than Diamine Kelly Green, which I have. I may have to try this, in the future.

Nice review, I happen to like green inks. The right amount of darkness to it.

The issue of the residue is something I never seen occur before very odd.

God is my Strength.

Brad http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

• 2 years later...

I found this ink to be way too light to be usable, and much lighter than how it appears above. Lucky I have some onxy black.....

edit: oops just realised this is a 2 year old thread.

Edited by WateryFlow