Liberty's Elysium Is Not Waterproof!

tonybelding

Before Liberty's Elysium gets banned from major discussions like Baystate Blue, can we all just agree to disagree. It is a beautiful color. Thank-you Goulets, Thank-you Nathan. From the sound of things, I am surprised that any letter sent on the pony expressed every made it... not all the period ink was water proof. Nathan has said in some of his videos that the chemicals that bond take time. 1 hour is more bulletproof than 1 minute, 1 week is more... etc...

post-34588-0-22209600-1338683896.jpg

I can wash bulletproof black off in the first minute or so. Enjoy the pens, enjoy the ink... if you don't like it, don't use it. I don't know how many bottles of ink are sitting in the back my desk drawer because I just don't like them... My mother uses the word "disappointed" when she doesn't like something, but knows she can't really complain about it because there is nothing really wrong... like when one of my kids are sick and we can't come over for Sunday dinner.

There is nothing WRONG with the ink... it is a beautiful blue water based suspension that is compatible with our fountain pens.

There is not a perfect pen or perfect ink or perfect paper (clairefontaine gets close). If there was, we wouldn't all be obsessed. Can we just give it a rest. Not every ink will perform perfect for everyone... but for those of us that really like the color, don't beat it into the ground... Just like not every pen is post-able (There is a TWSBI discussion board out there somehwere... I recall) Doesn't mean Speedy needs to re label saying that the pens were made with "partial" input from FPN.

Thank-you for the ink Noodler's and Goulets!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mhosea

• SamCapote

• blopplop

• threeamigos

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unlike mhosea's technique, after rinsing for 15-20 seconds under the faucet, or swirling the page in a bowl of water, I did not let it dry before removing the water, and adding the bleach drops to the wet paper, forming a small puddle on the wet paper laying in the empty bowl and letting it sit there for 30-60 seconds (I didn't time it precisely), then rinsed again with water. I did my tests on Hammermill copy paper, Meade tablet, and Staples eco-Sugarcane tablet. The results were not pretty.

How long did the writing set before the attack?

I know my id is "mhosea", but you can call me Mike. It's an old Unix thing.

I think the moderators should close this thread.

The drive of people, such as SamCapote, to keep hammering away at this issue for the sake of being right, is actually making this thread rather painful.

I think we all accept, without the need of a PDF chart, that this is semi-bulletproof.

I think, in terms of permanence, it falls short of some people's expectation despite the fact that FPN users developed their own hype about this ink.

I think it is sad that the Goulet's have both had to make these long apologies, which reflects how decent they are versus how petulant some people here are.

At most what I think should happen is the Goulet's market their ink as semi-bulletproof. If that is not good enough for some people then they should stop being princesses and suck it up.

The ink is what it is, it doesn't need changing. But this does not need a massive thread to deal with it. Quite frankly this thread is the manifest representation in the attitude that makes good vendors harden in attitude towards us!

And I think people like Sam and Rugrat and others can shut up. We got your point the first seven times!!!

So moderators, please close this thread!

P

+1

Sorry, didn't catch your post before I replied....

The drive of people, such as SamCapote, to keep hammering away at this issue for the sake of being right, is actually making this thread rather painful.

I think we all accept, without the need of a PDF chart, that this is semi-bulletproof.

I think, in terms of permanence, it falls short of some people's expectation despite the fact that FPN users developed their own hype about this ink.

I think it is sad that the Goulet's have both had to make these long apologies, which reflects how decent they are versus how petulant some people here are.

At most what I think should happen is the Goulet's market their ink as semi-bulletproof. If that is not good enough for some people then they should stop being princesses and suck it up.

The ink is what it is, it doesn't need changing. But this does not need a massive thread to deal with it. Quite frankly this thread is the manifest representation in the attitude that makes good vendors harden in attitude towards us!

And I think people like Sam and Rugrat and others can shut up. We got your point the first seven times!!!

P

Wow, that was pretty harsh.

Dave

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/blopplop/fpn-verm.jpg

Does semi-bulletproof mean that another color is present after the wash. For example Red-Black loses the red and leaves the black right? From my soak with LE it is still clearly a blue ink that is left on the page.

I don't think this thread needs to be closed. The discussion is somewhat useful in defining what the terms bulletproof etc. mean based on the properties that we have seen in LE.

Unlike mhosea's technique, after rinsing for 15-20 seconds under the faucet, or swirling the page in a bowl of water, I did not let it dry before removing the water, and adding the bleach drops to the wet paper, forming a small puddle on the wet paper laying in the empty bowl and letting it sit there for 30-60 seconds (I didn't time it precisely), then rinsed again with water. I did my tests on Hammermill copy paper, Meade tablet, and Staples eco-Sugarcane tablet. The results were not pretty.

How long did the writing set before the attack?

Two days.

I think it would be useful to do a separate project with a lot of the eternal/BP/Forgery-Resistant inks to see how they all compare to brief water, extensive water soaking, bleach soak, & alcohol soak. I've tested a number of them individually, but not a whole bunch at the same time, same paper(s), and same water/bleach/alcohol exposure. I think there are at least 60-70 Noodler's inks in the BP and/or eternal category.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

P

Wow, that was pretty harsh.

Dave

Not harsh at all. I totally agree.

God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.

-Bill Waterson