New Goulet Exclusive Ink?

Jimmy James

When you guys moved to the warehouse a bunch of us on write time at nine asked for a video tour. Brian said that he couldn't do that because of Goulet's proprietary packaging system. If you guys are going to be changing that process, how about a video tour before you switch to a new proprietary system? I'm sure a bunch of your customers would love to have a tour of our favorite store!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MrsGouletPens

• Jimmy James

• Ghost Plane

• pen2paper

Just remember that packages down here stand in up to 4 inches of water on my porch [when it does decide to rain]. I'm happy with eco-friendly when it's the same quality as the non. I have vague memories of working on degradable plastics for a certain defense project and it was an absolute pain to get the parameters of the old metal stuff and still have it degrade. :headsmack:

For me it's more often keeping stuff OUT than the packaged goodies IN. Altho' the last box was seriously dented on one end.

Agreed. That's been a big concern in switching to eco-friendly, making sure it is both cost-effective (I really don't want to have to raise prices!) as well as durable. We're doing thorough research before making any major changes to our supplies. I would hate to make a big switch and then end up with even more waste by having to ship orders multiple times due to damage in transit.

When you guys moved to the warehouse a bunch of us on write time at nine asked for a video tour. Brian said that he couldn't do that because of Goulet's proprietary packaging system. If you guys are going to be changing that process, how about a video tour before you switch to a new proprietary system? I'm sure a bunch of your customers would love to have a tour of our favorite store!

The system wouldn't change, just the materials. There is just too much that we prefer to keep private. So I'm afraid it's still a no-go! Wish we could, though.

I hope you know that your "bomb-proof" packaging is highly prized, and a huge attribute that I would be very sad to see it sacrificed for the good of the eco politically correct demands. For Pete's sake, those who are obsessed with avoiding all forms of plastic wrap can carefully remove it and insert the wadded blue ball into their recycle bin to keep your other plastic bottles company. There are some things that require vigorous and secure packaging.

I can't tell you how many bottles of ink packed by a dozen other retailers have leaked, ruining all the other box contents. Never have I had an ink leakage from Goulet.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Eco-friendly packaging? I never found eco-friendly stuff really good.

First, it is usually weaker then non eco-friendly one for the same price.

Second, like most "innovative product" it came with major flaw at first. I prefer proven technology.

Want a better eco-friendly world? Put a ban on Bic pens stuffs! I mean, bring back the fountain pen in school and you will do a much better thing to the world. I mean non cartridge one!

Messmer

I hope you know that your "bomb-proof" packaging is highly prized, and a huge attribute that I would be very sad to see it sacrificed for the good of the eco politically correct demands. For Pete's sake, those who are obsessed with avoiding all forms of plastic wrap can carefully remove it and insert the wadded blue ball into their recycle bin to keep your other plastic bottles company. There are some things that require vigorous and secure packaging.

I can't tell you how many bottles of ink packed by a dozen other retailers have leaked, ruining all the other box contents. Never have I had an ink leakage from Goulet.

[/quote}

Wondering who is bending the arms of the Goulets...you know, those eco politically correct demanding monsters you mention above!?! Pretty smart business to consider environmentally friendly packaging that can get the same job done as the petro based world of plastics and associated products. Nothing wrong with being a good environmental steward other than it puts less money in the hands of the polluters.

I have my suspicions that ULine stretch wrap isn't recyclable in most markets; LLDPE certainly isn't accepted by my recycling bins.

"Perdita thought, to take an example at random, that things like table manners were a stupid and repressive idea. Agnes, on the other hand, was against being hit by flying bits of other people's cabbage." (Pratchett, T. Carpe Jugulum.)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1813132/pride.png

Back to the OT.....

It just arrived and I really think it's going to be a big WINNER! SO FREAKIN' EXCITED! :clap1:

Working on the review now for the blog tomorrow. Can't wait!!

:puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

[url="http://i-think-ink.tumblr.com/"]thINK[/url]: my pen & paper blog :)

We all know you guys are just dying to release details tonight instead of tomorrow… Eh? Eh? :D

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

Hmm. Time to load the shopping cart ready to go :hmm1: But is the Grape here yet? :gaah:

This is not fair. I am 8 hours ahead of the East Coast...That means I have to wait until tonight... :(

David

PS: Do those of us who ordered Rome Burning on Day 1 get a special discount??????

Edited by daoud62

I'm with daoud62 -- it's Wednesday and I'm not seeing any new ink! We needed a midnight release! :P

I'll probably be at Ink Nouveau waiting for a blog post all morning in all seriousness.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

I'm with daoud62 -- it's Wednesday and I'm not seeing any new ink! We needed a midnight release! :P

I'll probably be at Ink Nouveau waiting for a blog post all morning in all seriousness.

Brian is still working on editing his video, and we're waiting on a UPS shipment of more Noodler's goodness (like new Konrads, more BSB, BBH, BBM, etc), then everything will go live at once. I'll send out the newsletter too, once everything is in stock. It'll probably be closer to noon. :thumbup:

ackkkk, I can't stand the suspense... will have to send the Goulets a bill for the blood pressure meds... c'mon noon!

first fountain pen: student Sheaffer, 1956

next fountain pen: Montblanc 146 circa 1990

favourite ink: Noodler's Zhivago

favourite pen: Waterman No. 12

most beautiful pen: Conway Stewart 84 red with gold veins, oh goodness gracious