Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

New Goulet Exclusive Ink?

Jimmy James

I read in the Goulet Communique today that there is a new exclusive ink coming soon to The Goulet Pen Company.

Does anyone have information on this? Oh if only Write Time wasn't on hiatus...

Edited by Jimmy James

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• pen2paper

• Jimmy James

• MrsGouletPens

Wired I am looking at today's Comminique and I do not see a reference to a new Goulet exclusive ink. Which section is it in?

Manny

This is the first item in Coming Soon:

This month: Limited edition Lamy Safari in apple green, a new Noodler's exclusive ink, and a few more De Atramentis ink colors (new and replenishments)

(emphasis mine)

I'm very excited and have to say kudos to Rachel for hiding it so well that apparently I'm the only one to find it and go nuts so far.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

I actually saw that too, so /high-5 for us!

Hopefully a blue or a green to appeal to the broadest customer base possible. Also, I'd like a new blue or green to try. :P

Non est ad astra mollis e terris via. - Seneca

I think it has to be a blue. Goulet is after all the home of the blue cling wrap and (for pick up orders) the blue bag. I'd love nothing more than for the ink to be known as Noodler's Goulet Cling Wrap Blue.

Edited by Jimmy James

Well based on the number of each color that they carry, the most likely is green, followed by brown then purple?

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

I don't care what colour it is. I'm stocking my ink drawer full of it :notworthy1:

trpofapprobal.png

You mean something *different* from Rome Burning? (Yeah, apparently I missed the memo as well -- I was too busy checking out when you were getting Diamine Sargasso Sea in....)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

My psychic told me the new ink is called California Quaking. It is a high shading brown that shimmers making it appear to move. On the extreme edges of the brown the ink shades to a fire red. When exposed to water, the ink smokes.

Haha, I was wondering when someone would notice!

We haven't told a soul what it is yet. But let's just say it's very exciting, and, um, very Noodler's.

I believe we should have it in stock by end of next week. :clap1:

Tease!

I think it has to be a blue. Goulet is after all the home of the blue cling wrap and (for pick up orders) the blue bag. I'd love nothing more than for the ink to be known as Noodler's Goulet Cling Wrap Blue.

:ltcapd:

Hmmm something between Bad Belted Kingfisher and Baystate Blue. No feathering, doesn't shade in fine nib pens, water resistant, cleans up nicely, comes in 3 and 4.5 ounce bottles is the same $12.50 price and has a cool ink "splat" on the bottle label?

I'm not sure that's gonna be it I'm just wishfully thinking out loud.

Hmmm something between Bad Belted Kingfisher and Baystate Blue. No feathering, doesn't shade in fine nib pens, water resistant, cleans up nicely, comes in 3 and 4.5 ounce bottles is the same $12.50 price and has a cool ink "splat" on the bottle label?

I'm not sure that's gonna be it I'm just wishfully thinking out loud.

That would be great! I'd love a water-resistant, well-behaving blue somewhat in the same color-ballpark as Manhattan Blue. The Goulet inksplat on the bottle would be perfect!

I noticed it too, but just figured I missed the reference elsewhere.

Whatever it is, hopefully it doesn't bleed as much as Rome.

My guess it will be a blue. My hope is that 1) it will shade and 2) it won't be boring.

---

Wanted: Waterman 52 1/2 V

My psychic told me the new ink is called California Quaking. It is a high shading brown that shimmers making it appear to move. On the extreme edges of the brown the ink shades to a fire red. When exposed to water, the ink smokes.

A Virginia company selling a ink called California?

Have fist, will travel

My deviantArt page

I suggest it's something like Gojira (or Godzilla, if you prefer) Atomic Green. A shading dark, mossy green that shades almost black along the outermost edges once dry. Oh, and it should have a savoury reek....like wheatgrass tablets...hahaha! bunny01.gif