Noodlers Apache Sunset

mhphoto

Y'all crack me up! Great review and an incredibly fun thread. I'm glad I decided to read this.

I love the shading in this ink. If I was still teaching, I'd use it to correct papers! :)

Thanks for the review!

-=d

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mhphoto

• duende

• lovemy51

• JimB

This is a fun ink, especially so because it's clear in the bottle. Does anyone have problems with drying times? I find that the ink smears even days later.....

This is a fun ink, especially so because it's clear in the bottle. Does anyone have problems with drying times? I find that the ink smears even days later.....

I just checked my review page and tried to rub a few heavily-shaded words to see if they'd smear but I couldn't get anything to budge. But I will tell you that I did have to blot the Brause sample because it still was tacky after two hours of drying (gotta keep the scanner clean :) ). I just stuck a square of toilet paper over it and rubbed several times, which fixed it.

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

I just stuck a square of toilet paper over it and rubbed several times, which fixed it.

and that is why in my profile I state my favourite paper as: Toilet paper! (Bunch of of other reasons too BUT we won't go into that!)

I love orange inks, and this shading is incredible. I wonder how it compares to Caran d'Ache Saffron.

Habanero will be part of my next order. :D

I loved the flex pen "Apache", so here's a closer look.

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh494/gunsandlights/ApacheSunsetNameCloseup.jpg

:puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

So that's why it's called, 'sunset'

Words, when spoken, like birds, fly away.

That's why we write. Paper is the cage that keeps our words in place so we can see and appreciate them.

Pens are the nets we use to catch them. -Katie Grey

Use...for the fun of it, like any orange* ink.

After all, what use is a green, pink, brown, purple,or turquoise ink but for the fun of it.

I'd ordered a bottle from Guelet on the night before I left to Virginia and it was there at 18:00 the next day.

I did not do a paper and nib survey with the ink, in I had only four pens with me. With my italic Joy, I got lots of shading, but with my easy full flex Degussa nib, it was just orange on Oxford Optic.

As soon as I get around to it, I'll give it a test on more nibs and papers.

* I have some late '80s-early '90s Pelikan Orange in cartridges. A real fine orange ink. I wonder why they didn't bring that back out as reissue. Up to then I was not a fan of orange inks. Now I am.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• 1 month later...

I have to agree with those complaining how dry this ink is. I have to drag my pen nib across the page and beg the ink to appear. maybe with a wet writer...

It is easier to stay out than get out. - Mark Twain

• 4 weeks later...

Every one complaining about the draggy feeling, never mentioned what papers it was draggy on.

Please mention the offending papers.

So I can avoid those papers.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Every one complaining about the draggy feeling, never mentioned what papers it was draggy on.

Staples Bagasse, HP 28lb inkjet copier paper.

It is easier to stay out than get out. - Mark Twain

Staples Bagasse, HP 28lb inkjet copier paper.

My HP 24lb Inkjet papers also has a strange draggy feeling, though it otherwise performs decently. In contrast the HP Laserjet papers are a smooth as Rhodia of Clairfontaine.

• 3 years later...

I just bought this ink. Was a little disappointed. Was hoping for that nice orange-y color, but ended up being a VERY light yellow in a Safari Lami EF nib. Anybody else have this experience? I've gotten bad ink from Noodlers before. At least three or four other occasions.