What Indian Pens Are You Using Today?

VillersCotterets

I bought it only after seeing your review and the click falcon is on its way to me :)

Congratulations Dr. Mukherjee..I hope you you'll really enjoy the Falcon as well.

Sagar Bhowmick

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mhguda

• hari317

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FPR Treveni Jr. Acrylic - 1.0 stub nib

fpn_1462132748__snapshot_20160501_3.jpg
fpn_1462132900__snapshot_20160501_4.jpg

fpn_1462133606__snapshot_20160501_7.jpg

Lovely...

amazing pen in hand of beautiful lady...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Today I am using a very cheap but excellent writer from ARTEX - the ARTEX 111. Priced at INR 20(0.3$)

This pen is a smooth writer and have no faced an problem ye after 5 days of use ..

http://i.imgur.com/B1cWkcs.jpg

The body

http://i.imgur.com/Rckd1oP.jpg

The cap

http://i.imgur.com/3RoO57X.jpg

I am surprised by is performance ..

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR INDIAN PENS .. IF YOU HAVE ANY KINDLY PM ME..

I am not surprised...my entire school life I have used this pen.

Its used to come in 3 models in the 80's ..Rs.3/-, Rs.5/- and Rs.6/-

Prices have not gone up much, in a sense

I am not surprised...my entire school life I have used this pen.

Its used to come in 3 models in the 80's ..Rs.3/-, Rs.5/- and Rs.6/-

Prices have not gone up much, in a sense

Well I am born in 90s .. I haven't used this pen before ,I just found out in my nearest local shop ..

BTW I am waiting for your pens finger crossed kindly ship them :)

Does the nib have tipping material on this Artex?

I am fairly new to fountain pens .I really dont know much about nibs .. Here are two close up of nibs so

that you can judge ..

http://i.imgur.com/kci97x1.jpg

and

http://i.imgur.com/mDbafRV.jpg

sorry I dont have better camera ..

You're camera is perfectly OK. A side view would be more decisive, but there does appear to be some tipping material. Amazing in a thirty cent pen! You could sell these easily for ten times as much over here!

In today’s rotation I have Ratnam Tarpoda (Big Size Ebonite) inked with Krishna Cool Breeze Ink. Ratnam Pens is oldest fountain pen manufacturer and part of Swadeshi Movement in India. The nib is self grounded to medium italic and writes super smooth.

Today’s beautiful thought comes from Nobel Peace Laureate, Mother Teresa

img_20160503_0832571.jpg?w=1050

img_20160503_0832001.jpg?w=1050

img_20160503_0835171.jpg?w=1050

Edited by mehandiratta

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

In today’s rotation I have Ratnam Tarpoda (Big Size Ebonite) inked with Krishna Cool Breeze Ink. Ratnam Pens is oldest fountain pen manufacturer and part of Swadeshi Movement in India. The nib is self grounded to medium italic and writes super smooth.

Today’s beautiful thought comes from Nobel Peace Laureate, Mother Teresa

img_20160503_0832571.jpg?w=1050

img_20160503_0832001.jpg?w=1050

img_20160503_0835171.jpg?w=1050

Superb...

Sagar Bhowmick

In todays rotation I have Ratnam Tarpoda (Big Size Ebonite) inked with Krishna Cool Breeze Ink. Ratnam Pens is oldest fountain pen manufacturer and part of Swadeshi Movement in India. The nib is self grounded to medium italic and writes super smooth.

Gorgeous pen. What's the size compared to Gama supreme / asa virat?

Enormously fun, deliciously wet ASA Nauka in blue/red ebonite with a gigantor 40mm Ambitious nib. My first Indian pen, an eyedropper inked with Chesterfield teal. Clipless, with bronze roll stopper in the form of a lotus, national flower of India. L. Subramaniam of ASA Pens does spectacular work.

fpn_1462276036__asa-nauka-blue-red-eboni

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Wow, that big Ambitious nib makes it a completely different pen! great idea. Will keep it in mind...

Quick question: where did the rollstopper come from? It looks as if it was specially made for your pen...was it?

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

You're camera is perfectly OK. A side view would be more decisive, but there does appear to be some tipping material. Amazing in a thirty cent pen! You could sell these easily for ten times as much over here!

Will post a side view for you later.. I have collected 20 of these pens, I may sell of give away some later :)

Will post a side view for you later.. I have collected 20 of these pens, I may sell of give away some later :)

First image shows side view and it shows that it has definitely tipping material. It is really a good pen and the price is really low.

Enormously fun, deliciously wet ASA Nauka in blue/red ebonite with a gigantor 40mm Ambitious nib. My first Indian pen, an eyedropper inked with Chesterfield teal. Clipless, with bronze roll stopper in the form of a lotus, national flower of India. L. Subramaniam of ASA Pens does spectacular work.

fpn_1462276036__asa-nauka-blue-red-eboni

Beautiful..

Sagar Bhowmick

mhguda, sagarb, thank you. I can't tell you how much fun that nib is. Push the nib in any direction, regardless of speed, and it just works.

The lotus roll-stopper came from Etsy, though I think it's also widely available on eBay. It's just an inexpensive adjustable ring.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Oh good. I found a number of nice adjustable rings on Etsy, have two coming. One planned for my Nauka, one for one of my Guider Onyxes. Glad they work out. I find your lotus very beautiful.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi