Official Edison Group Buy - Progress Thread

Ok I will be the one... anyone for some fun? If the numbering system is such can you try and guess what your number will be? Closest wins!! Maybe we can come up with a prize...ink sample etc. Honor system at work.

There are 79 ebonite and 40 cobalt

I went with a Ebonite M so I will go with #42 wink wink Brian!!!

Actually, I really am not sure which # pen is going to who. That was part of the reason that the price could get low. All that paperwork, spreadsheeting, handling of funds, and overall distribution is being handled by the Goulets.

In order for me to do the project at this price, I needed to just make pens, and ship 'em!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bgray

• Trillium

• Jimmy James

• Kaspar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The game should still work though right? As long as they guess something close to what they get...

???

I think it sounds like fun. I'll throw something in if somebody can suggest something fun for a prize. (no not a pen!) Maybe a nib grind? Or.... a print?

I am hopeful there were enough broad orders to make #31 viable. If not, I'm hoping to get #37. I'll find good significance in any of the numbers I'm sure.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

Okay, I'm shooting for #1 on the acrylics. I ordered a fine. Hope nobody ordered xf!!! Oh, my guess, and it is just that, is that I get #6.

Okay, I'm shooting for #1 on the acrylics. I ordered a fine. Hope nobody ordered xf!!! Oh, my guess, and it is just that, is that I get #6.

I ordered an xf... I ordered a broad as an additional nib though, so depending which info Brian got I could be on either end...

Fortunatelly I am not obsessed for any special number,

So, just wait to receive my pen and enjoy it,

Have a nice weekend everybody,

Julio

I really don't care about the number either. Just excited to get my LEE puddle.gif

In use today: MB LeGrand Pettit Prince and Aviator, Pelikan M100N, Conid First Production Run demonstrator.

My only hope is that mine has one of the more interesting (to me) patterns. I know how these things go. I've done some ebonite and other types of pens myself. But I know I'm getting a great pen in any case.

It's not the end of the world; it's just the end of you. - David P. Goldman

Progress is a comparative of which we have not settled the superlative. - G.K. Chesterton

Cogito, ergo sum. Mensuror, quiat existo. Audio, ut fiam. Respondeo, etsi mutabor.–Eugen Rosenstock-Huessy

Like a kid in a candy store...

I absolutely cannot wait to get mine in my hand. I am not really concerned about a number, I am just happy that I get to grade finals with my new LEE!!!

I just have to add that I really appreciate the effort Brian has put in and the fact that we got to see each stage of it all. I anxiously await mine - my first Edison!

As Rachel said, we are looking at having these pens in your hands late next week, barring something unforeseen.

Here's 40 finished Cobalts, about 50 finished ebonites.

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/photos/i-TqMP42h/0/O/i-TqMP42h.jpg

We'll finish up the ebonite pens this week, and ship to the Goulet's early next week!

Can't help but notice some of the clips are not straight, like the top ebonite row, third from right. Is that really what i see on the slanted clip?

As Rachel said, we are looking at having these pens in your hands late next week, barring something unforeseen.

We'll finish up the ebonite pens this week, and ship to the Goulet's early next week!

Can't help but notice some of the clips are not straight, like the top ebonite row, third from right. Is that really what i see on the slanted clip?

I think you are seeing a reflection of the clip next to it reflecting the darker spot on that pen... If that makes any sense..

I think you are seeing a reflection of the clip next to it reflecting the darker spot on that pen... If that makes any sense..

Between the fact that the pens could be rotated slightly, and the possibility of lens distortion from the camera, I could see the clips looking crooked even when they're not.

But, just in case they are - it's not hard at all to push them in place. I doubt we'll need to though.

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Between the fact that the pens could be rotated slightly, and the possibility of lens distortion from the camera, I could see the clips looking crooked even when they're not.

But, just in case they are - it's not hard at all to push them in place. I doubt we'll need to though.

This photo was taken prior to final inspection. There might be some clips that are not perfectly straight, and they will be or have been nudged back into alignment prior to shipping.

Looks like I ordered a medium, with the broad nib being the additional, in that case I'll bet a free coffee on #42 LEE.

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

I ordered an EF LEE. I do the reverse: coffee if I don't get 14 or 24.

Looking for an Omas Arco Verde...the one that got away.

OK, last step....

Final nib inspection and packing up....

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/photos/i-kmTHX8X/0/L/i-kmTHX8X-L.jpg

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/photos/i-6JGcKVg/0/L/i-6JGcKVg-L.jpg

And FedEx has a pickup to make today!

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/photos/i-vZ9L4k3/0/L/i-vZ9L4k3-L.jpg

Thanks to all who participated! This was a really fun project. There's no reason that this can't be an annual thing if everyone has interest.

Please give us feedback when your pen arrives!