Official Edison Group Buy - Purchasing Thread

Scored an Edison B&B Group Buy in Ebonite, I love the pen.

Order is in for the Edison FPN Group Buy in Ebonite, EF & M nib. I'll be able to interchange with both pens.

I presume this pen could be used as an eyedropper.

Thanks Brian for offering this and thanks to Goulet Pens for handling the details.

Gary

Gee, looking at my stats, I see i have a total of 3 posts in seven years. Guess that makes me a lurker. I have learned much from my visits, thanks all!

Edited by Luscombe1940

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimmy James

• bgray

• Trillium

• MrsGouletPens

On a side note, I've been laughing, envisioning some pen collector 50-75 years from now wondering who Pearl Lee was, and what she did in 2012 that merited a pen... :roflmho:

Yeah... maybe he could add periods? "L.E.E." and "L.E.A."? ..nah, that itself looks kinda weird...

With kind regards,
-Matthew

On a side note, I've been laughing, envisioning some pen collector 50-75 years from now wondering who Pearl Lee was, and what she did in 2012 that merited a pen... :roflmho:

Yeah... maybe he could add periods? "L.E.E." and "L.E.A."? ..nah, that itself looks kinda weird...

Actually I kinda like it as it is. It's a bit different, and all of the purchasers will know what it means, which is what counts.

Plus it'll give me the chance to make up all sorts of fun stories about Pearl.

Edited by SheilaM

"Expect a most agreeable letter, for not being overburdened with subject (having nothing at all to say), I shall have no check to my genius from beginning to end." --Jane Austen

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

My blog: Does This Pen Make Me Look Fat? Twitter: @penfatness Instagram: sheilamcl Pinterest: SheilaM

I'm having trouble convincing myself to bite the bullet. I've got another custom pen which is due to be completed soon, and I need to account for it in my budget... I know that If I REALLY don't like the pen I can always turn around and sell it (and likely come out even), its just a question of being willing to spend the funds now.

Sigh, the problems of living in a first world country...

Any idea how many pens have been per-ordered?

Why not LE in each case? It's more straightforward. It's clear what Ebonite and Acyrlic are just by holding the pen There's no confusing those two materials. Everybody knows LE stands for Limited Edition. Why confuse LE with that third letter?

I wonder if the Goulets would be willing to tell us how many have been ordered?

I just purchased the Pearl in Ebonite. Didn't think I would because of the C/C, but the Ebonite is gorgeous and I'd like to handle an Edison in person.

GouletPens: What count are we up to? Is it consistent with the voting numbers?

We're up to around 50 Beige/Black ebonite and 27 Cobalt Fleck acrylic so far, give or take. Still three days left! :)

Wow! That's quite a few early orders. I bet you see a real flurry of activity the last two days. This has been an interesting project to follow.

Wow. *Love* the cobalt. Just can't afford it. A pen that expensive is not in the budget (heck, a $30 pen isn't currently in the budget -- not with the amount we just dropped on the plumber on Tuesday; and then just found out this morning that our 10 year old soccer mom van needs a new radiator). :crybaby:

Sigh. It sure is a pretty color, though.

Ah well, just that much more for inks.... :roflmho:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Oh no. Is 27 going to be too few for the blue one to be viable?

Nope. 35 between the two colors is fine. The project will happen, for sure.

I've been hanging out a good bit with a legal aid lawyer friend who happens to be Jewish. I say that because I have an overwhelming urge to call you a Mensch and I blame her. :lol:

I'll try to help with a little cobalt salesmanship: ladies and gentlemen, we now know which will be the more limited edition. You'll want to get in on this one. Remember, you can't get one like it for a year. ;)

Edited by Jimmy James

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

I'm glad there has been such a great response. But I am a bit surprised the ebonite has nearly twice the number of orders of the cobalt considering how close the voting was. I guess I was expecting 45-50 for each pen. At any rate, I'm excited we are days away from the next step in the process! :clap1:

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

I'm glad there has been such a great response. But I am a bit surprised the ebonite has nearly twice the number of orders of the cobalt considering how close the voting was. I guess I was expecting 45-50 for each pen. At any rate, I'm excited we are days away from the next step in the process! :clap1:

A surprising number of folks have bought both, so I can see that throwing off the estimates (since we could only vote for 1 in the poll). Which also means a lot more folks voted but have not purchased yet... :hmm1:

I would like to think that most folks who voted were sincere.... and that they will squeak under the deadline once funds are available to them.

IMHO I would not mind it if Mr.Gray were to extend the purchase period beyond the beginning of production to allow folks a little more opportunity to participate.

BTW, I paid for my Ebonite in the first 24 hours....and am still gathering beer cans for a possible cobalt acrylic as well!

Edited by Trillium

I would like to think that most folks who voted were sincere.... and that they will squeak under the deadline once funds are available to them.

IMHO I would not mind it if Mr.Gray were to extend the purchase period beyond the beginning of production to allow folks a little more opportunity to participate.

BTW, I paid for my Ebonite in the first 24 hours....and am still gathering beer cans for a possible cobalt acrylic as well!

I'll donate some whiskey bottles if you think it will help :ltcapd: