What Pencil Are You Using Today?

fluctuations

General’s Cedar Pointe 2HB 

Mitsubishi 9850 HB 

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatline

• Zookie

• lovemy51

• a m a r g o

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After a long time I've re-discovered the Staedtler Mars Lumograph in 2B freshly sharpened with a knife of course. Ecstasy. I think that a celebratory Dram is called for tonight !

Mike

It matters not with what you write,

just write.

• 1 month later...

Musgrave 600 News

I just wrote two pages in my journal. What a delightful pencil! It's round, which makes it comfortable to hold. (no sharp hex edges - looking at you Musgrave Harvest 320!) The lead is thick, soft, and very dark. That means I have to sharpen it more often than some pencils, but the result is worth it. And I have my handy-dandy 1980s era Boston Electric sharpener within arm's reach on my desk, so that's that issue sorted. 

Oh, and it has no eraser, which is an aesthetic I have come to really enjoy with pencils.

I'm using a 600 News as well, it's great for crossword and fill in puzzles, of which I do several a day for relaxation. I use an apsara long point sharpener (one of the best in my opinion),  and

Pentel erasers which are also very good.

I'm happy with these 😎

2 hours ago, Zookie said:

I'm using a 600 News as well, it's great for crossword and fill in puzzles, of which I do several a day for relaxation. I use an apsara long point sharpener (one of the best in my opinion),  and

Pentel erasers which are also very good.

I'm happy with these 😎

I might have one of those Apsara sharpeners. I will have to check in my pencil shelf in the closet!

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, TinyTim said:

1845955058_WhatsAppImage2022-01-10at11_40_19AM.thumb.jpeg.cf470dc3789406a25565c2801edef18d.jpeg

Ended up polishing and refiling my YOL pencils. One is missing a clip but works perfectly otherwise. 

Ohhhh, lovely...and shiny. Very nice pencils.

Not my Koh-I-Noor Versatil 5900 Clutch Pencil 2mm 🥺. It's poor clip means the thing is in Gothenburg somewhere right now and not back here in London with me.

I must've temporarily lost this pencil a good half a dozen times, if not more, only to find it on the floor / sofa / car / bed. It seemed impossible to lose despite it regularly slipping out of my pocket.

Oh well. This time, it, and the screw I used to replace the lost tip, are forever parted.

It was fun while it lasted . . .

1150116566_Koh-I-NoorVersatil5900ClutchPencil2mm.jpg.827ebe8d6bb06a4ae71783aeaa5a57ed.jpg
*Seen here with stronger, replacement clip (also not very good, it would seem). 🤷‍♂️

45 minutes ago, Tas said:

Not my Koh-I-Noor Versatil 5900 Clutch Pencil 2mm 🥺. It's poor clip means the thing is in Gothenburg somewhere right now and not back here in London with me.

I must've temporarily lost this pencil a good half a dozen times, if not more, only to find it on the floor / sofa / car / bed. It seemed impossible to lose despite it regularly slipping out of my pocket.

Oh well. This time, it, and the screw I used to replace the lost tip, are forever parted.

It was fun while it lasted . . .

1150116566_Koh-I-NoorVersatil5900ClutchPencil2mm.jpg.827ebe8d6bb06a4ae71783aeaa5a57ed.jpg
*Seen here with stronger, replacement clip (also not very good, it would seem). 🤷‍♂️

I love to see such examples of practical field repairs. 😀

I've been using a Pentel P205 with 4B Ain Stein lead. Now that I've gotten used to it, I haven't been able to use anything else!

• 2 weeks later...

Kaweco Special S, with 0.7 2B lead. Like Zookie, I just can't use anything else!

Seen in the photo alongside Kaweco Liliput FP (2nd), Koh-I-Noor Versatil 5608 (3rd).

mp.thumb.jpg.3fbdf51ec936c8b7a0ff424537a6248c.jpg

Pentel Sharp Kerry <0.5> - I don't think I've used any other pencil since getting my hands on these. Definitely will get millions of these when I can afford it! I would be in horror if somehow I don't have one in possession that works. {I am one of those people who get many multiples of things of love.)

Rotring 600 w/ 0.5 2B

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• 3 weeks later...

I've always been more of a pen enthusiast, but I fell in love with the Kaweco Ice Sport collection (the neon colors reminded me of a set of pens I had when I was younger) and decided to purchase one of everything for the sentimental value. I ended up liking the mechanical pencil (that I almost didn't buy) even more than the pens, and recently acquired a second one lest anything happen to the first.

I have small hands and tend to grip very low on the barrel when I write, so these are a perfect fit. Eventually, I want to get my hands on one of the AL Sports.

kaweco ice sport mechanical pencils.jpg