• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternally Noodling

• oldcards

• SamCapote

• bitterwonder

Spoiler Alert!

If you watch the aforementioned YouTube video all the way through...you'll see that the ink may or may not be a golden brown...depending on 'excess liquidity' haha! Nathan's latest ink riddle really takes the cake - I'm completely amazed! How does he do it???

Ruth - yes, the Konrad is between the sizes of the piston fill flex and the Ahab. Girth is more substantial than the standard flex, but not as fat as the Ahab.

And WOW there are so many wonderful contest entries - a must see! I recommend viewing it at full screen size to take in all of the details.

Edited by wisteriax

At the risk of only further angering every overseas dealer in Noodler's Inks that I have so egregiously fallen behind in shipping since entering the turbulent world of pen manufacturing (Massachusetts has only become steadily more hostile to any hope of being internationally competitive – NOT the Massachusetts workers – who are some of the best people around…but certainly the people that have monopolized one party rule into an art form of horrific proportions – 4 felon speakers for instance…)…as well as those who sent in vintage pen repair items (and a few of you know I had asked that you NOT send them!) that are horribly delayed – some of the worst delays and backlogs I have ever experienced – the kind that for the first time make the deep six look like a nice relaxing nap…well, here goes:

The art contest never reached the volume of entries I dared people to aim for in exchange for the large celluloid pens being added to the awards, however…I added extra pens anyway because the quality of so many entries exceeded all prior contemplations. There were many who did not receive pens who were also incredibly talented – and if there was a margin here beyond passion I would have included them as well – but it has always been a razor's edge business and probably always will be due in part to my own insistence that it follow certain principles (such as…each product must be something I would want to buy/own/maintain myself). Corporate America would do a few "obvious" things: raise prices (a LOT), cut out retailers, eliminate US sourced parts, focus on European style branding (you know, where you can't even run for office in Paris unless you are from a particular schooling and background?)…etc…

I just ask of those who did not receive first place but feel that they should have – I want you to know that I thought that in a perfect world there would have been multiple first place winners in this contest….but I did not have the resources to do that. Some of the artwork is the work of pure genius. There is no doubt in my mind of that…and I'm sorry that I could not do all that brilliance the full measure of appreciation it deserved – but that full measure in my mind can never be reached. Art sometimes has no price point and math fails in trying to value it.

Now I'll leave and get back to the ink and the pens….and hope that the next time a "Holier than thou" desires power over free people by stating in some online forum "nobody can use this ink because I say it is bad and I am far more knowledgeable than anyone else in pendom"…..it would warm my heart if I heard that the same individual were sent a letter written with the same ink stating simply: "I am free to choose anything that enhances my free pursuit of my own personal happiness…whatever that may be….as we are all running out of time - and you, dear sir - have already wasted too much of mine!" ;-) Thank you to all of those enlightened people for defending the freedom to choose inks and pens of your own personal preference on this board.

Hopefully u-tube is immortal and the art will remain there in the electronic ether forever.

Best wishes to all,

Nathan

(PS, the fellow with the attached pen waited a long time...the clips were not right yet...the nibs still are not as flexible as they could be - but this is the kind of pen one gets from Taxachusetts for a particular type of label on a particular bottle of ink)

post-648-0-35499000-1335299550.jpg

Edited by Eternally Noodling

"The pen is mightier than the sword."

The pen could be mightier than the thief and the gun if it is filled with a bulletproof ink too!

May be available again soon, I hope...but not at the moment:

Specialty Fountain Pen Nibs - click here

:puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: this is a beautiful pen. Great job Nathan :thumbup:

Yes I confess, I am still using my Jotter

I just received a box from Noodler's as well – 2 pens and a lovely bottle of ink. It looks like the FPN has quite the showing in this contest. :)

Congrats to everyone!

the flexistentialist

Does anyone know if he gave ink and pen to only those top forty, or everyone who entered?

Does anyone know if he gave ink and pen to only those top forty, or everyone who entered?

...the top 40 entrants - and next time it will also be the top 40 entrants...with the top 10 getting something more and the 1st place winner getting the largest share (which includes some gold nibs and a custom precious metal overlay). It might become a repeat contest - say, once every 2 years or 18 months. The impossibility of hiring help in mass. likely means fewer contests...as there is no time to even think as I wait for God.

Several Noodler's fans have pushed to make this a regular ink...even though it was designed as an art contest statement. It is a large label done in the highest resolution akin to the money we once had - requiring special printing...and the ink is very specific. It won't be easy to make a lot of it anytime soon...but more will be made in some quantity. I can assure you of one thing - what was extra is already gone and thus - any more will be made only after a delay. Wish I could ship instantly - but I can't.

FYI - I liked Julius Caesar....he resided over sound money policies for the brief time he was leading Rome - and the official date for the letters of recommendation for the contest winners was March 15th for a reason. The emperor on the label is the smirking NERO !! NOT Julius or Augustus!!! I was tempted to use Chinese dynastic cycles to show the ill events caused by excessive monetary expansion...but so little information could be found except in very specific searches and very old reference texts...that I feared people would not be readily able to find out more about the "Mandate of Heaven" as it relates to dynastic cycles of monetary devaluations. Jefferson and Jackson are easily found online...and their words hit harder than the far more indirect words of long since past Mandarin officials on the other side of the globe. Rest assured though - such ideas will be used one day in China...as they are devastatingly similar to certain economic scenarios that are likely to play out in the next 12 years on the mainland.

"The pen is mightier than the sword."

The pen could be mightier than the thief and the gun if it is filled with a bulletproof ink too!

May be available again soon, I hope...but not at the moment:

Specialty Fountain Pen Nibs - click here

...the top 40 entrants - and next time it will also be the top 40 entrants...with the top 10 getting something more and the 1st place winner getting the largest share (which includes some gold nibs and a custom precious metal overlay). It might become a repeat contest - say, once every 2 years or 18 months. The impossibility of hiring help in mass. likely means fewer contests...as there is no time to even think as I wait for God.

Several Noodler's fans have pushed to make this a regular ink...even though it was designed as an art contest statement. It is a large label done in the highest resolution akin to the money we once had - requiring special printing...and the ink is very specific. It won't be easy to make a lot of it anytime soon...but more will be made in some quantity. I can assure you of one thing - what was extra is already gone and thus - any more will be made only after a delay. Wish I could ship instantly - but I can't.

FYI - I liked Julius Caesar....he resided over sound money policies for the brief time he was leading Rome - and the official date for the letters of recommendation for the contest winners was March 15th for a reason. The emperor on the label is the smirking NERO !! NOT Julius or Augustus!!! I was tempted to use Chinese dynastic cycles to show the ill events caused by excessive monetary expansion...but so little information could be found except in very specific searches and very old reference texts...that I feared people would not be readily able to find out more about the "Mandate of Heaven" as it relates to dynastic cycles of monetary devaluations. Jefferson and Jackson are easily found online...and their words hit harder than the far more indirect words of long since past Mandarin officials on the other side of the globe. Rest assured though - such ideas will be used one day in China...as they are devastatingly similar to certain economic scenarios that are likely to play out in the next 12 years on the mainland.

WOW! A post from Nathan about this contest and his new ink. Great to see! So many fabulous submissions, it must have been hard to pick just one winner.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Does anyone know when the Rome is Burning ink will be released to the non-artistic FP users?

Give it a few weeks or so... it's currently in production. :thumbup:

I must have this ink! (Gee, I may have a problem . . .)

Intriguing color and the Thomas Jefferson quote seals the deal. I'll be checking the Goulets' site regularly.

JLT (J. L. Trasancos, Barneveld, NY)

"People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."

Hermann Hesse (1877 - 1962)

Does anyone know when the Rome is Burning ink will be released to the non-artistic FP users?

Give it a few weeks or so... it's currently in production. :thumbup:

I must have this ink! (Gee, I may have a problem . . .)

Intriguing color and the Thomas Jefferson quote seals the deal. I'll be checking the Goulets' site regularly.

Rome Burning = :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

Where do I go to line up for that nib?

“As we leave the Moon at Taurus-Littrow, we leave as we came, and God willing, as we shall return, with peace and hope for all mankind.”Gene Cernan, 14 December 1972

Might it be possible to have the entries posted statically to fully appreciate them?

They zip by so quickly in the video.

Hmmm...they used to be posted like that at Noodlersink.com but the video has replaced them.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

I hope that some of the contest winners will do an ink review of Rome Burning. I keep scanning the ink reviews and no luck yet? Hint hint......

I hope that some of the contest winners will do an ink review of Rome Burning. I keep scanning the ink reviews and no luck yet? Hint hint......

+1! And some pix of the Neponset in your hand, with writing samples, would be pretty cool, too. Cuz it sounds like it will be a long time until we'll get to see those in person. Which is totally great, IMO, and appropriate as an artist prize should be! Congratulations and thanks to everyone, it was a lot of fun to watch it all unfold. :notworthy1:

I am liking the green ishness of this ink.

I have done some drawings but not yet on a whole range of paper. I am just getting used to the ink and the pen.

Don't have a scanner so I am not one to do a review.

I will say I am enjoying writing with it as well as drawing with it.

As Unlce Lester would say" de light ed".

Soooooo... I managed to con my poor fiance into entering the noodlers art contest. She is a wonderful artist and had a lot of fun getting to play with a new medium. As a result I have been playing with the Neoponset, Konrad, and Rome Burning. I also may have gotten her to write a few very rough reviews of the Neoponset and Rome is burning. *Warning when I say rough review I mean it. We have had these for just over a day and have had very little time to play with them. I also may or may not have crushed the the nib on the Konrad while putting it together after cleaning.* SO seeing as I am sleep deprived and the English major fiance is getting militant while watching over my shoulder due to my horrid use of the English language, this run on sentence may be here just to make her mad, I will now show very bad pictures of a pen and its writing sample type thing.

There be pictures behind these here spoilers. I also found out that the camera lens was covered in ferret nose prints AFTER i took these pictures. You have been warned.

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx15/Zenadier/fountainpennetwork/Neoponsetreviewish1.jpg

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx15/Zenadier/fountainpennetwork/Neoponsetreviewish2.jpg

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx15/Zenadier/fountainpennetwork/Neoponset1.jpg

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx15/Zenadier/fountainpennetwork/Neoponset2.jpg

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx15/Zenadier/fountainpennetwork/Neoponset3.jpg

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx15/Zenadier/fountainpennetwork/Neoponset4.jpg

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx15/Zenadier/fountainpennetwork/Neoponset5.jpg

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx15/Zenadier/fountainpennetwork/Neoponset6.jpg

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx15/Zenadier/fountainpennetwork/Neoponset7.jpg

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx15/Zenadier/fountainpennetwork/Neoponsettruestcolor.jpg

fpn_1305391638__inkdrop.jpg

Might it be possible to have the entries posted statically to fully appreciate them?

Hmmm...they used to be posted like that at Noodlersink.com but the video has replaced them.

Here is my entry (it shows up at 15:51 in the video): Noodler's at Night. My entry used Noodler's Blue Ghost ink for part of the design, which of course does not show up when scanned, so the full picture did not show up in the video. For the photo on Synistralia, I photographed the art under low light with UV lights pointed at the center of the drawing. It actually glows quite a bit more than the photo suggests.

Here is my entry (it shows up at 15:51 in the video): Noodler's at Night. My entry used Noodler's Blue Ghost ink for part of the design, which of course does not show up when scanned, so the full picture did not show up in the video. For the photo on Synistralia, I photographed the art under low light with UV lights pointed at the center of the drawing. It actually glows quite a bit more than the photo suggests.

clap1.gifclever use of the BG ink!