Official Edison Group Buy - Materials Poll

120 members have voted

1. 1. What Material? (please vote only if you plan on participating)

• Beige/Black Swirl Ebonite at $190
    • Bedrock Flake Acrylic at $170
    • Neon Swirl Acrylic at $170
    • Midnight Swirl Acrylic at $170
    • Cobalt Fleck Acrylic at $170

I voted for ebonite because it looks real nice AND it has a gold clip. It would have been nice if at least one other pen would have gold trim. Some of us older folk just don't warm up to silver. However, it's real nice for Brian to offer a group buy at a reduced price and is appreciated! Will all who vote be notified that something will be offer for sale since at least two have gone over the magic number of 35?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bgray

• The Scribbler

• Trillium

• Jimmy James

I voted for ebonite because it looks real nice AND it has a gold clip. It would have been nice if at least one other pen would have gold trim. Some of us older folk just don't warm up to silver. However, it's real nice for Brian to offer a group buy at a reduced price and is appreciated! Will all who vote be notified that something will be offer for sale since at least two have gone over the magic number of 35?

I voted for the ebonite, then I pulled my vote, then I voted for the ebonite again. I'm in if the ebonite wins. I don't care for the Cobalt. I'm probably out if the Cobalt wins :crybaby:

My vote was cast based upon material and finish. I likewise would be out if the Cobalt is the consensus selection..

Same here...

I'm cool with it though. A custom Edison is in my future anyways... rolleyes.gif

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

I voted for the ebonite, then I pulled my vote, then I voted for the ebonite again. I'm in if the ebonite wins. I don't care for the Cobalt. I'm probably out if the Cobalt wins :crybaby:

My vote was cast based upon material and finish. I likewise would be out if the Cobalt is the consensus selection..

Same here...

I'm cool with it though. A custom Edison is in my future anyways... rolleyes.gif

Depending on how this process unfolds, I also potentially foresee another custom Edison in my future (will be ebonite of course). Already have an acryllic Pearl.

I'm glad Brian is going to make the material exclusive. If the only thing that made the pen a "limited edition" was the engraving, I think that would lose a lot of the allure of being a limited edition. Having the material be exclusive means there is something concrete about the pen that is "limited".

I agree about the gold trim. I am a usually gold trim exclusive person, but I won't mind forgoing this preference to get the Cobalt. Some of the world's most beautiful blue pens are furnished with gold trims. Think of the Pelikan Blue o Blue and Aurora Mare, and Delta Darwin evolution, etc, all of these blue pens have gold trims. I hope that Brian will change the trim on the Blue Cobalt to gold, it fits better with the tone of the the blue.

I'm also in for Cobalt and would love it with gold trim as suggested, but would take silver if necessary.

Does the poll officially end on Monday? At that point, will we begin purchasing/pre-ordering pens through Goulet or will there be a lag time between the poll closing and sending payment?

I'm asking because my sump pump went out and so I gotta figure out how fast I need the cash.

If need be, I wonder if I could convince my wife the basement is just an indoor swimming pool?

"Listen sweetheart... it is the new thing, guaranteed to increase resale value by 50% or more. All the famous Hollywood types are doing it. Turning the basement into a swimming pool is the best thing we could do for our family. Trust me. Now, I need pen money please."

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Hmmmmm....

In the other thread about the group buy I recall reading a minimum number of around 35 for the group buy to go ahead.

Given we seem to have that minimum for two materials in the poll, I wonder if there is any chance both pens could be made.

I love the Cobalt, but equally the Beige/Black doesnt do it for me.

Edited by vtv8man

Hmmmmm....

In the other thread about the group buy I recall reading a minimum number of around 35 for the group buy to go ahead.

Given we seem to have that minimum for two materials in the poll, I wonder if there is any chance both pens could be made.

I love the Cobalt, but equally the Beige/Black doesnt do it for me.

I wish that could happen too, I think the Cobalt with the silver clip looks sensational. Someone needs to maybe PM me and tell me the benifits of Ebonite as a barrel material I've never handled an Ebonite pen before, I think acrylic looks so much better and can have so much depth of color :thumbup:

Edited by markwil

Some nice options, however, I voted for Beige/Black Swirl Ebonite. I really would like an EBONITE.

Joe

I see people have been redistributing their votes from the clear losers to one of the frontrunners. I guess that's kinda like a runoff vote, right?

I see people have been redistributing their votes from the clear losers to one of the frontrunners. I guess that's kinda like a runoff vote, right?

Indeed. My neon Edison will have to wait for a custom build. In the mean time the Ebonite gets my vote.

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

1331222563[/url]' post='2275758']
1331219135[/url]' post='2275694']

I agree about the gold trim. I am a usually gold trim exclusive person, but I won't mind forgoing this preference to get the Cobalt. Some of the world's most beautiful blue pens are furnished with gold trims. Think of the Pelikan Blue o Blue and Aurora Mare, and Delta Darwin evolution, etc, all of these blue pens have gold trims. I hope that Brian will change the trim on the Blue Cobalt to gold, it fits better with the tone of the the blue.

Gee and I thought I was the only one. I voted for the ebonite but mainly because of the gold trim. Personally would have jumped at the Cobalt had it been trimmed in gold. thumbup.gif

The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium. Norbet Platt
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I already own two Pearls so will not be participating, but wanted to share that I own a Huron in the Beige/Black Swirl Ebonite and it is gorgeous. This was my first Edison and remains on of my favorite pens.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dcGUM5wwl2A/S9xXL23MVjI/AAAAAAAABMk/buvEAMr19kI/s1600/IMG_2185.jpg

Featured Pen - Edison Huron Bulb Filler

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

I already own two Pearls so will not be participating, but wanted to share that I own a Huron in the Beige/Black Swirl Ebonite and it is gorgeous. This was my first Edison and remains on of my favorite pens.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dcGUM5wwl2A/S9xXL23MVjI/AAAAAAAABMk/buvEAMr19kI/s1600/IMG_2185.jpg

Featured Pen - Edison Huron Bulb Filler

Thanks for sharing. That's a great looking pen!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Tough choice. Cobalt blue is beautiful BUT my vote goes to Beige/Black Swirl Ebonite.

Do not consider it proof just because it is written in books, for a liar who will deceive with his tongue will not hesitate to do the same with his pen - Maimonides

Thanks for sharing. That's a great looking pen!

Thanks - you'll really be happy with a Pearl in this material.

Julie

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America