• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maja

• DocNib

• Titivillus

• Slush99

As for the phrase "Happy Holidays" being inclusive it immediately excludes everyone who doesn't have a holiday.

Not trying to beat a dead horse to death here (as the saying goes) but.... in all honesty, I take "holiday" to mean "time off" as well (eg. going on holidays to Hawaii)....and I know many people (not all) have some extra days off this time of year (thank goodness! :)

As a Jew and certainly not into Xmas

I wish those who celebrate it a Merry Christmas

Those who have their own festivals a Happy (insert name of festival)

Jews a Khag Urim Sameakh!

And those who don't fall under any of the above a happy holiday break and keep penning.

Rabbi Zvi.

Rabbi Zvi Solomons

If not now, when?

Thanks to all the administrative team for all the work you do. I'm basically ignorant about what is involved in overseeing a forum, but I'm sure it is time-consuming and nerve-wracking at times. You all make it possible for me to enjoy FPN in child-like simplicity. I click on my FPN icon and voila! here you all are! It's miraculous!

Since I am steeped in Christianity, I wish you all a most Merry Christmas. For those of you who are not Christian, I wish you a very happy holiday season - whether your holidays are religious or simply a break from your work. God bless all!

Judybug

So many pens, so little time!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

My Blog: Bywater Wisdom

"Holiday Greetings" to all FPN'ers!

Isn't it silly that I have to put that term in quotation marks due to one Ebenezer Scrooge has to try & bring this board down because he's mad at the "politically correct" state of affairs in his country. I'm being honest as to how I feel and also fair by putting my greeting in quotes so as not to cause him any more BAH HUMBUG!

Wrong place and wrong time to air ill will at a group of passionate people who just want to wish each other good cheer at this time of year. We all have gone thru being down this time of year, and it's hard when others around us are so joyous, but that's life, and sometimes it's unfair but we survive and live to see & breathe another day. One can always go over to Pentrace and get in the fray about David Isaacson's Parker Duofold Menorah photo...lots of unhappy people there just flaming away at each other!

Seriously, I want to wish everybody a Happy Holidays which encompasses Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah and any other holiday that falls this time of year!

May your season be Peaceful:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/DocNib2006/MokoPeacefulAkita.jpg

May your Holiday be relaxing and have fun with family:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/DocNib2006/TomiYoMo.jpg

And may all your pen finds be "sterling" in the coming year:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/DocNib2006/SterlingOverlayAsstd.jpg

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

DocNib, NurseNibble, Yoshii, Moko & the Koi Gang

Guest Saints1976
Isn't it silly that I have to put that term in quotation marks due to one Ebenezer Scrooge has to try & bring this board down because he's mad at the "politically correct" state of affairs in his country.

There's always one who cannot let it lie. To be totally honest it is only your country that uses that ridiculous happy holidays statement. Despite many PC faults in the UK that is not one of them yet !!!!

Before this thread dips into flames remember:

We are all individuals

We all have different opinions of many things

Other people have opinions different from yours and this does not mean they are attacking you.

Opinions are like bottoms everyone has one but you really don't want to see them all :lol: so sometimes it's better to keep them covered :blink:

So lets be positive rather than negative during the whole year

Compliments of the Season

Edited by Tytyvyllus

Before this thing spirals out of control (and in the holiday spirit ;) ) , may I please request that everyone just agree to disagree on this matter? :)

It would be a shame if we had to ask the FPN Admin Team to lock a thread created to impart good wishes to the members of this online community and their families :(

Thanks in advance!

~Maja

There's always one who cannot let it lie.    To be totally honest it is only your country that uses that ridiculous happy holidays statement.    Despite many PC faults in the UK that is not one of them yet !!!!

It's unfortunate that you're anger has blinded you to the fact that YOU brought your IRE to this peaceful forum and that YOU brought up your distaste for the PC problem in your country, not I or anyone else here. I only reiterated what you said about your own country and your statement about the PC problem there.

So I have not attacked your country but you have attacked mine, and in doing so have attacked many members of the FPN and the pen collecting community.

You say there's always one who can't let it lie when in fact you're the one who brought it in to play and opened the doors for public opinion.

I'll let it lie now because I doubt you're one who can be reasoned with or really cares about other people's feelings, beliefs and right to happiness.

Have a happy "whatever" and please try to keep a smilin' & a laughin' :roflmho:...it's actually quite healthy for you!

DocNib

PS--I have friends in many countries, including in the UK, who use the phrase "Happy Holidays" without my prompting or direction...it's just not that big a deal!

ΚΑΛΕΣ ΓΙΟΡΤΕΣ from Greece which means the same as Bonnes Fêtes in France and both mean approximately Happy Holidays.

Here are some jotters that I just bought in the bookstores of the city that I am apending my holidays in. Most pre 1973 (dome button), they still have a prominent place in the bookstore windows :)

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b325/azavalia/jotgr.jpg

Edited by antoniosz

Merry Christmas to all, and may you all have a very Happy New Year!
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

The Happiest of Holidays to everyone on this great site! Peace.

"What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."

Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death, p. vii

ΚΑΛΕΣ ΓΙΟΡΤΕΣ from Greece which means the same as Bonnes Fêtes in France and both mean approximately Happy Holidays. 

And a very Happy Holidays to you too, Antonios and to the whole FPN Admin and Members!

May this fellow:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/DocNib2006/SantaPenPin.jpg

...and his buddy Hannukah Harry (he's quite shy & asked me to stand in for him since I'm a member of his tribe):

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/DocNib2006/DoctorNibLogo2.jpg

...bring you many of these:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/DocNib2006/docsfavesvint.jpg

...and lots of these:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/DocNib2006/asstdesties.jpg

...and maybe even some of these:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/DocNib2006/YoMoWithHats.jpg

...and even if you don't receive any of these, be thankful for what you already have!

Happy Holidays!

DocNib, NurseNibble, Yoshii, Moko & the Koi Gang!

Guys, I'll do it the easy way:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :ltcapd: :ltcapd: :roflmho: :roflmho:

PS: DocNib, the dog is so cute!

Edited by mrx

PS: DocNib, the dog is so cute!

Merry Christmas to you too mrx!

The first dog with the hat is the female, Yoshii, and she was up in arms about posing with that cap on...picture had to be taken quickly (just look at the eyes!).

Now the 2nd dog is the male , Moko, and he was as cool as can be wearing the hat...he wore it for about 10 more minutes before it fell off! They're both cute, but Moko is my mellow little buddy (130lbs. little!)

Wesołych Świąt i szczęśliwego Nowego Roku wszystkim naraz i każdemu z osobna, oraz szampańskiego Sylwestra (:bunny1: :roflmho: :bunny1: ). [PL]

Merry Christmas, happy New Year and the best New Near's Eve Party (:bunny1: :roflmho: :bunny1: ) ever to all and each of you. [EN]

Bartek

There are small lies, big lies and there is statistics.

I simply do not have enough time to pursue any penmanship activities on FPN these days -- most of my time and energy is devoted to my Roman Imperial Coinage, WW2 History & Web authoring pages due to the enormous number of visitors they are garnering and the consequent need for me to respond to questions and requests for information. I will visit and participate on the Forum whenever I have time, however.

In the meantime, I wish all participants here a Happy & Prosperous 2007 with a special thanks to the Administrative Team and an equally special wish for the continued success of FPN!

James

Please, let's not make this forum like the other ones were there is mud fighting!

May your hearts be merry, etc. :ph34r:

Edited by alvarez57

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg