Isellpens Company

jkrewalk

I agree that Todd and Teresa are fabulous! Todd consistently exceeds expectations for returning e-mails and shipping notifications, and certainly has very good prices. I always appreciate a personal email and handwritten note on my invoices.

We are rather spoiled to have such customer-friendly, high-quality, family businesses to support our hobby.

Perhaps an observation on the comments regarding Todd's shipping would clear up any confusion. It is my observation that for orders under $75, you may select your shipping service, USPS Priority being one of the choices. For orders over $75, Todd generously provides free shipping, so no shipping options are presented during checkout. The shipping method for these orders is FedEx Ground. I hope that helps.

All the Best,

Gem

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jkrewalk

• dex138

• arthury

• Laura N

I live all the way on the opposite end of the country and we always joke that the order arrives before I hit 'submit.' ;p

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I also try to spread my purchases between Isellpens and Goulet. Great service and quick shipping from both. I also buy from Jetpens sometimes.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j432/Rodera/Images%20to%20Use/signature2.jpg

-Mauri

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, Todd's service is excellent. The only downside for those of us on the East Coast is the delivery time. Shipment from the Goulets is practically instantaneous. But shipments from Todd are like a slow boat from China. FedEx Ground is just abysmal service, even worse than their SmartPost partnership with USPS. If Todd shipped Priority Mail, he would be absolutely perfect.

I live on the east coast and I placed my first order from Todd last Friday night. It was shipped Priority Mail and I received it on Monday. Can't beat that! Oh, and my order was over $75.00.

Edited by jewel7742

One thing I thoroughly dislike most about retailers are the ones that price gouge.

I also tend to avoid retailers that back-load the customer with unreasonable shipping.

Although i have to bought anything from them yet, iSellPens.com seems like a decent retailer and I just checked out their shipping rates --- they are certainly reasonable.

Thank you for bringing them to my attention.

To retailers out there:

Really, most of us would be happy with USPS first-class + DeliveryConfirmation for inks and common pens. With higher priced pens, add Insurance.

There's really no need for UPS, FedEx or even USPS PriorityMail, unless we ask for it.

____

Art Y.

To retailers out there:

Really, most of us would be happy with USPS first-class + DeliveryConfirmation for inks and common pens. With higher priced pens, add Insurance.

There's really no need for UPS, FedEx or even USPS PriorityMail, unless we ask for it.

Whoa, don't assume you are speaking for everyone here. I don't know who "most of us" is, but it isn't me. I really prefer Priority Mail. One of things I love about Todd is how fast he ships and how quickly I get it.

If what you are saying is you'd prefer a first-class option for smaller orders, I do agree with that. But it's probably not worth it to them to implement.

I wanted one bottle of ink last week, and just for fun I costed it out with shipping from my top three stores. The one bottle -- a J. Herbin 30 ml. ink -- would have cost about $6 to ship from any of those stores. I understand why -- it's more of a handling charge -- but it was funny. I've totally been spoiled by Amazon Prime.

To retailers out there:

Whoa, don't assume you are speaking for everyone here. I don't know who "most of us" is, but it isn't me. I really prefer Priority Mail. One of things I love about Todd is how fast he ships and how quickly I get it.

If what you are saying is you'd prefer a first-class option for smaller orders, I do agree with that. But it's probably not worth it to them to implement.

I wanted one bottle of ink last week, and just for fun I costed it out with shipping from my top three stores. The one bottle -- a J. Herbin 30 ml. ink -- would have cost about $6 to ship from any of those stores. I understand why -- it's more of a handling charge -- but it was funny. I've totally been spoiled by Amazon Prime.

+1 to LauraN. I strongly prefer Priority Mail.

I placed 4 orders from three different vendors a few weeks ago and they were shipped out from the east coast all the way to the west coast.

One was UPS Ground, 2 USPS FirstClass+DeliveryConfirmation and 1 USPS PriorityMail.

The 2 FirstClass+DeliveryConfirmation arrived at the same time as the PrioritMail.

The UPS Ground arrived 2 days later at double the cost.

In general, I have been experiencing same time-lapse for FirstClass+DeliveryConfirmation as PriorityMail. Sometimes, there are hiccups but it only add a couple days more.

____

Art Y.

Just placed an order with iSellPens and the checkout process was great.

Pricing and shipping rates are certainly commendable.

____

Art Y.

I buy most of my pens from Todd. He has a great selection of pens and often the best prices. He is super fast at processing orders and getting them shipped - same day!. Todd is also really quick with email responses if I have any questions. Visit his site every day at lunch!

I am now getting hooked on how Todd handled my orders --- he is very prompt in shipping out my orders and free shipping with orders over $75 is really nice.

Well done, Todd. You've just got yourself a loyal customer.

____

Art Y.

Another loyal customer here, based on great service and all the other good things everyone has mentioned.

But also because--once in a while I make a mistake when ordering -- and always have had an immediate and very friendly reply from Todd when I frantically email and ask to correct my mistake. Considering how many people and orders they deal with, this really impressed me. Not only the courtesy but also the professional response. Good folks, they are. LLAP, isellpens! :thumbup:

• 7 months later...

My local shop didn't have the Rhodia Webnotebook when I stopped on Saturday, so I placed an order early Saturday afternoon my time (I'm on the East coast) along with a few other things, after all how hard is it to make it to $75 free shipping? I asked Todd if he could make sure it went out Monday so I could have it by the end of this week.

2PM Monday, the postman stops by with the package from Todd that he had mailed out on Saturday!

Way better service than Amazon, next business day delivery for free with my $75 order (thanks to the Post Office working on the weekend).

From my three experiences (two in the last two weeks) I can't recommend Todd highly enough. A+++++

TWSBI 530/540/580/Mini, Montblanc 146, Pelikan M800, Tomoe River paper, Noodlers inks ... "these are a few of my favorite things"

You are kidding, right? Todd has *literally* unbeatable prices for most of the products he sells. Plus, $75 or more gets you free shipping. Let's not ask for the moon here. The man has to make a living, you know.

Prezactily!!

I've only been in this pen thing for about 2 mos, yet it only took me about 2 days to figure out who had the best prices in town. Lowest prices PLUS free shipping PLUS free converters PLUS larger samples..... the guy is scary good! If Todd's operation suffers from one single problem, it's not always having everything you want. I suspect a lot of it is cuz so many people buy from him, he can't keep stocked. I only buy from someone else if ISellPens can't provide it, which is seldom.

nulla dies sine linea

The last time I ordered inks, pens, and other supplies, I got some from Goulet Pens and some from isellpens. I must say, that even though I ordered from Brian and Rachel slightly before placing the order with Todd, I got the shipment from Todd first -- and from further away. (Mind you, the Goulets were probably swamped because it was the day of the release of Herbin's Bleu Ocean, but still... :rolleyes:).

Suffice it to say that both business have *excellent* customer service. No affiliation except as a more than satisfied customer, and would happily patronize them both again (and certainly expect to do so).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 1 year later...

In an effort of fairness after the post about the prompt, well packed service by the Goulet Pen Company, I must say IsellPens is in the same exact boat!

I have been purchasing from Todd at Isellpens for many years and my orders are always shipped the next day and arrive faster than I can believe. All of my orders from them are also carefully packed and all come with a personalized handwritten note from Todd ( the one I received this week was obviously written with a beautiful stub using a turquoise ink). Also, Todd has a standard 6.00 shipping charge for all orders and orders over 75.00 are shipped FREE.

I have also ordered from Goulet several times(placed an order yesterday in fact) and appreciate that same high quality service. This also shows I am not biased.

But again - in the spirit of fairness, I wanted FPN-ers to know that IsellPens should receive the same recognition for super fast, super high quality service that Goulet does. Because frankly, I can't see a difference between the two - in my opinion they are BOTH the BEST. clap1.gif

Respectfully Submitted for informational purposes.....

John

Krewalk.com

Yes, the above is an old post, but I think it is fair to reiterate how fast and reliable Todd at isellpens.com is!

I have to agree. Nothing but good experiences with isellpens. I did have one pen sent wrong to me once. Todd fixed the error and let me keep the wrong pen on top of everything. I ordered from him yesterday and it is scheduled for delivery this Thursday.