Isellpens Company

jkrewalk

I'm another in the club that splits my pen budget between Goulets and Todd. Both have provided me consistant excellent support. It is refreshing to see businesses that still recognize the value of customer service. Kudos to both companies, and may they both be extremely successful.

French

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jkrewalk

• dex138

• arthury

• Laura N

Todd's great, responds to emails quickley and good shipping. I'm in PA and I've had not trouble getting his shipments.

What is the code for ordering from the Goulet's?

Thanks!

promo code "fpn"

should get you a 5% discount

Edited by dex138

Absolutely. Todd does a hell of a job. I've now bought three pens and a few inks from him, and each time was a pleasure. The last one, a Bexley 2011 OC, was right around the holidays. I had a couple of questions for him before I pulled the trigger, so I shot him an email. Within an hour-and-a-half I had a reply back, and the pen was shipped by the end of the day. Fast, friendly, and hand-written thank yous on the receipts. Todd will always get at least some of my business.

I agree, Todd's service is excellent. The only downside for those of us on the East Coast is the delivery time. Shipment from the Goulets is practically instantaneous. But shipments from Todd are like a slow boat from China. FedEx Ground is just abysmal service, even worse than their SmartPost partnership with USPS. If Todd shipped Priority Mail, he would be absolutely perfect.

I'm sorry but I do not understand. I am on the East Coast and I always get my shipments in 2 days from Todd via USPS Priority Mail. I get them in the same time I get my order from the Goulets. I do not understand at all....

In fact I just received my order two days from the day I placed it via Priority mail. I still have the box to prove it!!!!

Edited by jkrewalk

"I know that Goulet Pens has a promo code for FPN members, does isellpens offer any discount?"

You are kidding, right? Todd has *literally* unbeatable prices for most of the products he sells. Plus, $75 or more gets you free shipping. Let's not ask for the moon here. The man has to make a living, you know.

"If Todd shipped Priority Mail, he would be absolutely perfect."

He does ship Priority Mail. I just bought a Lamy 2000, and it got here in two days with priority mail. I still have the box to prove it.

Edited by i.like.whiskey

And yes, I know it's bourbon.

"I know that Goulet Pens has a promo code for FPN members, does isellpens offer any discount?"

You are kidding, right? Todd has *literally* unbeatable prices for most of the products he sells. Plus, $75 or more gets you free shipping. Let's not ask for the moon here. The man has to make a living, you know.

"If Todd shipped Priority Mail, he would be absolutely perfect."

He does ship Priority Mail. I just bought a Lamy 2000, and it got here in two days with priority mail. I still have the box to prove it.

I agree - And I get my shipments from either one in two days.It doesn't matter where they are located - Priority mail is a 2 day service no matter which coast you are on!!!!!!!!!

I guess I do not understand why some people have to "invent" something negative to say!

Edited by jkrewalk

Isellpens is an excellent retailer in my experience. Super easy to deal with, a nice selection, great prices and prompt shipping. Now there is a winning combination!

I buy a lot from the Goulets, but I also buy a good amount from Todd. I have my criteria for purchasing from each that are probably best not gone into here except to say that obviously if one seller has everything I want in a particular order and the other does not, that weighs heavily on my decision for that particular order. I find the sellers to be different from one another, but I am glad they're not carbon copies. It's nice to have variety.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

I live in Brazil and I've been ordering from both: Todd from isellpens and Goulets. They are both awesome. It's a pleasure to deal with them.

Edited: there are other two great suppliers that I can't omit their names:

George (greenman508 on eBay) who I used to order Noodlers from and Norman from hisnibs.com . They work on excellence.

Edited by fabrimedeiros

Isellpens seems to have one of the best prices in North America for Lamy products. I wanted to order an EF Lamy Dialog 3 in Black (and provide a FPN comprehensive review to complete the Dialog line), but the $45.00 shipping fee to Canada and recent price increase of this pen is holding me back. Perhaps when I make a gigantic purchase I may reconsider. It's good to hear the positive customer service experience with this place--something I never take for granted and truly appreciate from sellers.

There is a tide in the affairs of men.

Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune.

-- Marcus Junius Brutus

Well, actually, no I wasn't kidding. I was hoping to find some way to offset the expensive shipping to Canada. It's almost 3 times that of what the Goulets charged me on their last order. Don't get me wrong here. I put a lot of merit to a company's level of customer service, and I'm willing to pay a little extra to get that customer service.... but $35 shipping as opposed to $12?

And, sorry, but his prices are not unbeatable. A Lamy Safari with converter through him is $35.59. The same from gouletpens for $32.95, BEFORE their FPN discount.

Considering all this I don't think my question was unreasonable.

And, please, don't think I'm trying to slag anyone, or promote one company over another. I have absolutely no affiliation with gouletpens.

Sorry Tony. Nothing personal. I just felt I needed to respond to the comment.

Edited by dex138

I guess I do not understand why some people have to "invent" something negative to say!

EXCUSE ME! Like you just did!

I have ordered quite a lot from Todd and it has ALL come FedEx and taken well over a week. And since most of it required signatures, this constituted quite a problem. I still order from Todd, but the shipping thing is a consideration.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I agree, Todd's service is excellent. The only downside for those of us on the East Coast is the delivery time. Shipment from the Goulets is practically instantaneous. But shipments from Todd are like a slow boat from China. FedEx Ground is just abysmal service, even worse than their SmartPost partnership with USPS. If Todd shipped Priority Mail, he would be absolutely perfect.

I guess it depends on where you live. Here in the midwest, deliveries from either company take about 2 business days. I have nothing but good to say about either company.

Well, actually, no I wasn't kidding. I was hoping to find some way to offset the expensive shipping to Canada. It's almost 3 times that of what the Goulets charged me on their last order. Don't get me wrong here. I put a lot of merit to a company's level of customer service, and I'm willing to pay a little extra to get that customer service.... but $35 shipping as opposed to $12?

And, sorry, but his prices are not unbeatable. A Lamy Safari with converter through him is $35.59. The same from gouletpens for $32.95, BEFORE their FPN discount.

And, please, don't think I'm trying to slag anyone, or promote one company over another. I have absolutely no affiliation with gouletpens.

That Canadian shipping cost is crazy, and I don't blame you for not wanting to pay that. If you know a cheaper way, say, USPS, I would recommend asking Todd by email next time you are thinking about buying something. I have found him incredibly accommodating about shipping.

Also, maybe there is an error in the price of that Safari? Because the price that I see is $27.65, with a converter. The Al-Star is shown as $35.59, with a converter.

Just what I see today -- maybe it was priced incorrectly when you looked at it.

That Canadian shipping cost is crazy, and I don't blame you for not wanting to pay that. If you know a cheaper way, say, USPS, I would recommend asking Todd by email next time you are thinking about buying something. I have found him incredibly accommodating about shipping.

Also, maybe there is an error in the price of that Safari? Because the price that I see is $27.65, with a converter. The Al-Star is shown as $35.59, with a converter.

Just what I see today -- maybe it was priced incorrectly when you looked at it.

:embarrassed_smile: no error........my bad....... yes I didn't pay enough attention. I expected the first pen on the list to be a Safari, not an Al-star. Didn't read the description properly. I get a little tunnel visioned when I rant, and the guys comment peeved me off a little.... It really should have dawned on me that Tony wouldn't have been THAT much more expensive. Thanks for pointing that out and helping me realize my mistake.

Apologies to everyone for the silly rant, and to Tony for the misquote.

I too like to support both these sellers. Todd has fantastic prices on many items but like some have mentioned here, it usually takes 5 business days for me to receive an order from him here on the east coast. Now the Goulet's are "very close" to me and I usually get my order from them the next day. In fact i just placed an order for TWSBI 1.1 nibs and they are being delivered today. Honestly, the ship time usually doesn't matter because I rarely need anything immediately.

The main reason I like to use both these sellers is to support GREAT small business owners. Both have exceptional customer service and make buying from them extremely easy.

Please support them.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5298/5514405001_f64efa85be_m.jpg "Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit." - Spartan Proverb

"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me". - Miles Davis

Free speech is expensive, so you might as well pay attention. - Geo. Clinton

EXCUSE ME! Like you just did!

I have ordered quite a lot from Todd and it has ALL come FedEx and taken well over a week. And since most of it required signatures, this constituted quite a problem. I still order from Todd, but the shipping thing is a consideration.

My sincere apologies for being rude.

I have also been ordering from Todd for many years and all of my shipments come via USPS Priority Mail. I believe this is the default method when you check out but you can also choose other methods such as FedEx. I do not know why you would not have the opportunity to choose USPS over FedEx when you check out from your shopping cart.

My advice to you is to communicate your issue directly with Todd rather than continue to put up with a shipping method that does not suit your needs. As so many have mentioned on this post his customer service is superb and I am sure that he would be more than happy to accommodate any request you have regarding shipping preference.

FYI - I received my Goulet order today and it took 2 days to receive. It also took exactly 2 days to receive my package from Todd earlier in the week. I live on the East Coast.

Again - my apologies if I was offensive in any way on this Forum! :crybaby:

Best Regards,

John

Krewalk.com