Goulet Pen Company

Meleemaker

Could blue cling film be addictive? :hmm1: And the different inks on the invoices seem inevitably to lead to more prowling of the swabs :blush:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• 1984Drew

• MrsGouletPens

• Meleemaker

Dammit! I've never gotten a picture--I'm totally going to request one next time!! :D

DITTOcrybaby.gif

Now we have Doodle Envy.

Bring it on, Amber! ;)

By the way, my wife and I absolutely love Las Vegas - we're looking forward to Penn & Teller next time!

Drew C. Brown

Shipping Manager - The Goulet Pen Company

Dammit! I've never gotten a picture--I'm totally going to request one next time!! :D

DITTOcrybaby.gif

Now we have Doodle Envy.

Bring it on, Amber! ;)

By the way, my wife and I absolutely love Las Vegas - we're looking forward to Penn & Teller next time!

:o I've seen them on TV - they did a show over here called "Penn and Teller's Fool Us" or something like that - they're brilliant.

Damn. I wish my birthday wasn't in August. I want to buy all the things in the world from you guys.

~ Danni

I like to collect the cheap, cheerful and colourful!

I got Drew to draw Drew! Thanks Drew :notworthy1:

http://inlinethumb16.webshots.com/48975/2570403020049126107S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by danahn17

[url="http://i-think-ink.tumblr.com/"]thINK[/url]: my pen & paper blog :)

Wanted to add my endorsement too! Unlike a lot of other sellers (nibs.com, pen boutique, for example) the Goulets are super easy to work with and fun. Furthermore, what amazes me is the speed with which they turn around orders. I've put in four orders in the past two weeks and each one has been perfect, meticulously packed, and has been shipped the day I ordered. I'm always surprised how quickly it all shows up. Meantime, let's not even get in to what a wealth of information their site contains...

"One always looking for flaws leaves too little time for construction" ...

I think and hope people will be reasonable about this, too. I'd also hope it goes without saying that if you want your order shipped within 90 minutes (which is what I got the last time I ordered) you're not getting that and an awesome drawing of Batman. You should expect if you make a special request that it may result in your order getting set aside until it can happen or possibly if it's at a really hectic time that it won't happen.

Dude, thank you for this excellent idea. Forget drawings. I will henceforth request that my orders be shipped within 90 minutes. :)

Seriously, though, and sorry to say this, but if a lot of people start inundating Drew and the others with special requests, there will be an impact on others. I'm sure that the Goulets get hundreds of orders every day. So I hope they will set aside special requests instead of backing up the line for them. To be fair to other loyal customers who just want their order shipped quickly.

I know that could sound curmudgeonly, but I don't mean it that way. I'm certainly not saying, don't ask for drawings. And Drew is awesome; I know from experience with a lost package. I'm just saying, if there's an express lane, I will take that one.

Absolutely! We'll do what we can with special requests, just please, be reasonable. Drew is our warehouse/shipping manager, so his top priority is to keep the orders flowing, both quickly and accurately. On the same token, we can't always promise 90 minute order-placed-to-shipped, but we'll do our best there too! Our goal is always same or next business day shipping, while providing the best personal customer service possible. :thumbup:

Brian, Rachel, Little Bub and The Goulet Team, God Bless you all! I am new to this forum, but love Fps and inks, and have done for a very long time. I have had some poor customer service from many retailers and it is heart breaking when you are spending precious money and are left with a very bad taste. I worked in retail myself as a student and prided myself on providing the very best customer service, because a happy customer WILL return to the place where they had a great response and service.:clap1::clap1::clap1:

It is so, so thrilling to read such wonderful, heartfelt comments and praise (thank you FPNers!), may it long continue, and may The Goulet Pen Co grow from strength to strength!!

Warmest wishes,

Bhavna x

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

DITTOcrybaby.gif

Now we have Doodle Envy.

:roflmho: :ltcapd::roflmho:

+1 x

Edited by Bhavna

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

I think that I can safely say that we are all pretty jealous. I know that my own personal experiences with Goulet have been above board. Thanks to Brian and the polks at Goulet. :thumbup:

“I put all my genius into my life; I put only my talent into my works.”- Oscar Wilde

50's Mont Blanc 144-G Med nib hopefully getting fixed soon, Parker 51 of undetermined age Med nib

Waterman 515, Lucky Curve Jr., Esterbrook SJ lost, Pilot Vanishing Point, Pelican m400, 3 Esties in the mail.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

And I note the ink used on my invoice is sold out :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

[Like I didn't just take delivery of a huge ink order! :headsmack: :embarrassed_smile: ]

That's awesome, Danni!

I'll admit, we did use our new trebuchet to actually launch your package across the Atlantic. :thumbup:

Is that a strictly international trebuchet, or will it handle domestic deliveries?

:P

Francis

It's working great on the domestic, but the sonic booms aren't sitting well with the powers that be. :rolleyes:

I can only add to the chorus here in terms of service by Goulet Pens and their speed and attention to detail... I ordered at 2a, the package shipped at 3, and it got here to Alaska.

Of interest, perhaps is a look at how crumpled my package was and the cool cartoon drawing I received.

There wasn't a scratch or a bent edge of a notebook or pad. All the ink arrived intact, though I appreciated that they were packed separately. And here is what the box looked like on arrival:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7069/6967646756_c1cb6b60c4_d.jpg

http://www.flickr.co...ncll/6967646756

And here is the cartoon (I know it's unlikely they can keep up with drawings eventually, but it doesn't hurt to ask...maybe their order form should allow people to accept a longer processing time if they wish to have their drawing dreams fulfilled), which is so great I can't help but pass it around:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7127/6967613904_a2cd52a6bf_z_d.jpg

http://www.flickr.co...cll/6967613904/

http://katexic.com/clippings/

Love interesting words? Curious links? Great writing? Subscribe to the free, thrice weekly Katexic Clippings newsletter!

Whoa!! That thing is crushed!

Some folks might think our packing methods are overkill; but the way we see it, it's best to assume that every box we send out could end up looking like that. I'm thrilled that it survived!

I also loved the Monkey & Bacon request.

Drew C. Brown

Shipping Manager - The Goulet Pen Company

Mine haven't been quite that dented, but after standing in several inches of water, all that plastic wrapping more than pays for itself. :thumbup:

It's working great on the domestic, but the sonic booms aren't sitting well with the powers that be. :rolleyes:

Oh so *that's* that streak of light that people reported on the news the other day -- people apparently thought it was UFOs, and the *official* story was that it was particularly intense meteor showers. But now, we on FPN, have the real skinny! It was Drew with his trebuchet, shooting Batman cartoons to customers! :roflmho:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Actually the last one I got was ripped open. Had about a inch diameter hole and a three inch gash. Everything still in tact inside...

"One always looking for flaws leaves too little time for construction" ...

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got round to making my first Goulet order today. I didn't end up buying my pen there because I got it in the blue marble which they don't make anymore, from classifieds, but I ordered a bunch of ink samples plus a converter. I was going to buy a notepad too, but then I thought I should save it for my next order ;)

Hoping it's going to arrive soon and that customs leave me alone! I didn't make any drawing requests, but I have one planned for next time...

• 2 weeks later...

Chiming in on my first Goulet pen purchase.

My red Konrad and his BP Black ink arrived amazingly fast!

I was impressed by all the bubble wrap!! (and I'm saving it to use another time)

The handwritten packing note made the delivery of this inexpensive order extra special!!!

Would I recommend the Goulet Pen Company?

I already did on my Facebook page. :-)

"You have to be willing to be very, very bad in this business if you're ever to be good. Only if you stand ready to make mistakes today can you hope to move ahead tomorrow."

Dwight V. Swain, author of Techniques of the Selling Writer.

• 2 weeks later...

Dr. Seuss is alive and well at Goulet Pens. Or he's been reincarnated as Drew.

I just received my third order from Goulet (BTW, all three were shipped on the first working day after I placed the order, and arrived two days later). One of the items in the second order was Private Reserve Rose Rage. I didn't remember the Yink until I started using the Rose Rage. According to Seuss, they like to drink pink ink. So I requested a drawing of a Yink on my third order.

Well...I placed the order on Sunday. Monday was a holiday. The order was shipped on Tuesday, and arrived on Thursday, including an amazing drawing of the Yink, a long crookedy straw, and a pot of pink ink. :yikes:

So I think I now believe in reincarnation.

Great service, great products, and a Yink. Who could ask for better?

:clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1: All hail Goulets and colleagues! :clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

Because of their top notch service and selection I typically order through them first. Best selection of inks. Their tutorials on pens etc can't be beat.

As a business they care about their product and their customers. I had an order for a Noodler's Konrad and it arrived with a defect. They happily sent me a replacement barrel.

They go the extra mile in packaging and ship quickly.

With service like that it is hard to shop anywhere else.

My last non Goulet order was through xfountainpens because I bought a couple of Knox nibs.

I would love to see Goulet pens carry an advertizement ink blotter like Richard's Pens does to put in with the orders.

I have to keep buying books to put the book marks in.

Stickers are always fun though.

"The Fountain Pen is an elegant weapon of a more civilized age"

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

PM me if you would like to exchange postcards.