Goulet Pen Company

Meleemaker

I have had the privilege of ordering from Goulet three times now and the orders were perfect, with good communication, and arrived well before I expected them to. I am a returning customer.

I am not especially interested in their lines of pens but their ink and paper selection is outstanding. And their reference pages are exceptional as well.

M.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• 1984Drew

• MrsGouletPens

• Meleemaker

Oh my goodness, no apologies needed! We LOVE to see these kinds of threads pop up... there's really nothing better for our team's morale than to see genuine, unsolicited positive feedback, that our customers notice and appreciate all the little things we do to add up to a good experience for you. We are more than happy to try to accommodate any special requests, whether it's a notebook cover color, a smooth-writing pen, or a drawing on an invoice... we try to be a personal business in an impersonal online world. And of course while trying to ship quickly, that's a big reason we have employees now is to keep up with the growth while maintaining the same level of service as if Brian and I were handling everything ourselves (like we used to, not so long ago!). So please, no apologies.... we want to thank you for starting such a wonderful thread and ongoing positive conversation. :notworthy1:

Oh- we notice! I'm considering a request that my invoices only be signed in BS Australian Roses or Apache Sunset to prevent me from having to place another order for whatever gorgeous ink ya'll are using! LOL!

I am looking forward to being able to place an order with them but unfortunately for me, I understand they are on holiday for a week. So guess who has to exercise their patience. :huh: Not necessarily a bad thing :P

Edited by myn

"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open." James Dewar

http://i49.tinypic.com/2j26aaa.png

I am looking forward to being able to place an order with them but unfortunately for me, I understand they are on holiday for a week. So guess who has to exercise their patience. :huh: Not necessarily a bad thing :P

I don't believe the entire company is on vacation, only the Goulet's and their kids :D Go ahead and put that order in!

Collection Counts: Cross-4, Esterbrook-15, Eversharp-1, Graf von Faber-Castell-1, Jinhao-2, Kaweco-1, Lamy-6, Levenger-2, Monteverde-1, Pilot/Namiki-3, Noodler's-1, Parker-18, Rotring-10, Sailor-1, Sheaffer-19, TWSBI-1, Visconti-4, Waterford-1, Waterman-7

Favorite Inks: Diamine, Levenger, Private Reserve, Noodler's Lexington Gray

I don't believe the entire company is on vacation, only the Goulet's and their kids :D Go ahead and put that order in!

Yep, exactly! Brian and I are taking some time to get settled into our new house (and preparing the old house to go on the market later this week - not quite a vacation! LOL). Team Goulet is busy cranking out the orders - our employees are the best!! :notworthy1:

Ah - well then I bet my question has to wait for them to return as I asked one about their Brause Dip Pen set using their online form and I assumed that because they are away that's the reason I've not heard back yet but I'm sure I will in a few days time. I suspect I am asking about something that has to be special ordered. I certainly don't mind waiting so that I don't order the wrong thing or worse yet, not order enough of the right thing. :rolleyes:

Well now it would help if I read the "rest of the posts" before replying - geesh!

Congratulations on getting settled into your new home - a well deserved rest if you can call packing, unpacking, moving, hauling, lugging, unpacking some more, rest that is.

Edited by myn

"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open." James Dewar

http://i49.tinypic.com/2j26aaa.png

Ah - well then I bet my question has to wait for them to return as I asked one about their Brause Dip Pen set using their online form and I assumed that because they are away that's the reason I've not heard back yet but I'm sure I will in a few days time. I suspect I am asking about something that has to be special ordered. I certainly don't mind waiting so that I don't order the wrong thing or worse yet, not order enough of the right thing. :rolleyes:

Well now it would help if I read the "rest of the posts" before replying - geesh!

Congratulations on getting settled into your new home - a well deserved rest if you can call packing, unpacking, moving, hauling, lugging, unpacking some more, rest that is.

Ahhh! I thought that might be you. Sam (our purchasing guy) did try to reply but your email bounced back for some unknown reason. I still have the email, I'll go ahead and PM you the response that we tried to send you. :thumbup:

Got my current order this morning -- it was delivered just after 9 AM (after having gotten the notification that it had been shipped Monday afternoon).

Six ink bottles, four samples, and the two freebie pens that are packaged up with the 4.5 oz bottle of Kung Te Cheng. All for ME! :thumbup:

And the cartoon is just AWESOME! (I had had so much trouble getting the credit card stuff on the order page to work that I ended up just using Paypal -- it was about 11 or 12 o'clock Friday night and I was so fried and frustrated by then that I told them "I REALLY need a cartoon..." and the one on the invoice is FABULOUS :notworthy1: It's Tony Stark/Iron Man and it just made my day (even *more* than the fast shipment and terrific service) -- I'm bringing it with me to dinner tonight to show folks its total awesomeness.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

PS -- and did I mention that the cartoon is awesome? :roflmho:

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 3 weeks later...

I love the way they pack items at Goulet Pens. I got my first order from them last week (I got Captain America on my invoice!) and my second one today. I think I've found my new favorite place to order pens from! Everything always arrive so nice and neat :)

The informational videos on the pen pages are so helpful when it comes to choosing/learning about the items they have there. :notworthy1: I hope they keep that up! :thumbup:

As I survive another storm with closed roads and flooding, thank you for the waterproof wrapping. :notworthy1:

I asked for a drawing, and I got one. Awesomesauce.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4OMboGxfVKQ/T-yKhvgFQzI/AAAAAAAABso/ENsobImega0/s1600/GouletInvoice.jpg

My Blog: Inkdependence!

Add me to the Goulet fan club. I emailed with a question about dip pens on a weekend and got a reply from Rachael the same day.. which I didn't expect at all. Everyone is entitled to a weekend! I placed my first order with them on the 24th, it arrived on the 26th and was so well packed that there was no way anything inside would be damaged no matter how the box was treated. Getting two free ink samples on the invoice along with a personalized note was priceless. I agree that their website is incredibly informative, which is crucial for a newbie like me. I'm very happy to spend my money with a company that goes more than the minimum to make the sale. I am more than willing to spend a little more to get the personal touch, the backing of excellent customer service in the event of a legitimate product defect, and a website that is a pleasure to navigate.

All that remains is for me to think up some very simple doodle to request with a future order!

I'm a college biology lecturer with a medical doctor's handwriting!

Finally I got my beloved KTC and a Konrad pen today, due to the Dutch customs inspection that add a few weeks to the delivery time.

To avoid custom inspections, I might request the pilot of the plane that carries my next purchase to just drop the parcel out of the plane over my yard, since the parcel was so well packaged that its contents probably will survive a drop from a 30000 ft altitude. tongue.gif

The new eco-friendly bubblewrap is in my opinion as good as the old material.

The handwritten note on the invoice is a nice personal touch that I appreciate.

In short: the Goulets are setting the standards others are compared to.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with reval and everybody else I placed my first order with the Goulets at the end of last month (a Noodler's piston filler and a banditapple carnet), and was very very impressed by how fast it got here from the 'States. Absolutely a pleasure to deal with, and I'll definitely be using them again.

• 1 month later...

I normally don't ask for much when I order something, good customer service, reasonable shipping and a fair market price for the item I am ordering. I got all three of these and more when I ordered my Konrad.

I sent an email as well asking that Drew only draw the picture if and only if he had the time to do so.

Here's the link for the original image.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/American_Pit_Bull_Terrier_-_Seated.jpg

Outstanding!!!

post-82813-0-68972700-1345493504.jpg

Guilty as charged, Melee! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the doodles. We'll always do our best to give a personal touch whenever we can! The notes on the invoices are VERY important to the Goulets, and I truly believe that it's something that the company will always find the time to do. It's always good to hear that the little things go a long way. Plus, I love it! Although I have to say that I'm definitely no artist - my talents are limited to whatever I happened to be obsessed with as a kid. I can draw a pretty awesome Ninja Turtle!

PR Spearmint and Noodler's Blue-Black are two of my favorites! The Spearmint stays in my green eyedropper Kaweco Ice Sport, and the Blue-Black is a mainstay in my Ocean Blue Lamy Al-Star. Yes, I'm one of those weirdos that color-coordinates.

The "B" that you see is actually part of my initials - there's a "D" stacked on top. :)

Thanks for the kind words!

- just noticed that the stacked "D" and "B" look like a bat, or a bird in flight. Has anyone else noticed?

- great work, man.

• 1 month later...

I think its time to order another pen....if only I had the funds.... I managed to drop, catch, fall, and land with my Ahab...unfortunately the nib was bent at pretty close to 90 degrees, so its time for a new one(even thought this one still writes, scratchy, but almost like a caligraphy nib I have tried).... pretty sure I know EXACTLY where I am going to order from ;)

Thanks GOULET!

Goulet for me is the only place to order ink and paper. They are always prompt but last time blew me away. I placed an order at around 1:30pm, the order shipped by 3, and I had my inks in hand the next day! I look forward to ordering my next modern pen from them as soon as funds are available...

http://i.imgur.com/Bftqofd.png

I received my first order from Goulet last week. An Ahab, a bottle of Nikita Red with the free pen, samples of green inks, a Rhodia staple bound, and a couple misc. items. It arrived quickly with a hand written note from Drew. I'm just glad he used an ink That wasn't "me" so I can wait a bit to make another order. I'm loving the Ahab and Nikita. I'm hoping I like one of the other greens as much or more than Caran D'Arche Amazon - that's a spend bottle!

Its more than great customer service; GP is the future of successful retail on the internet.

Like many I often feel a twinge of regret when ordering on-line as opposed to supporting a local business. For me this isnt much of a problem as I live in a little backwater rusted out logging town (300= hardy souls on a 'big' weekend) in rural Washington State. The closest thing I can get to a quality fountain pen locally is 3 Bics in a blister pack down at the one convenience store still operating.

That aside, there is quality local customer service, and big box internet where you pay for cheaper prices with less personal service. Goulet Pen demonstrates that it does not have to be either/or, and in fact I suggest that being a small company with relatively limited offerings they are thriving precisely because we get that home town, local customer service vibe every time we do business with them. I have every confidence that they will continue to prosper and I for one am more than happy to support them with my business. It is a long way from Virginia to the West Coast but the Goulets make the transaction seamless and timely. I am of an age where price is no the only consideration, I care about the ethics and the customer service of those I do business with and GP passes all the tests.

I am a left hand over writer who is fairly new to fountain pens and Brian and I have had extended discussions about the ups and downs of my particular affliction. I appreciate him sharing what he knows and actually asking me about my experiences. You dont get that from giant companies as big as the Amazon Basin.

Edited by DrCodfish