Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• 1984Drew

• MrsGouletPens

• P.A.R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/B_Type13/20141013_202042_zps0cdbd23e.jpg

Sadly there was a small water incident....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/B_Type13/20141013_202022_zps27e9d242.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/B_Type13/20141013_201956_zps72268774.jpg

Here's all 3.

You commit yourself to such a level where there is no compromise. You give everything you have, everything, absolutely everything. - Senna

I want to convey the fine line between passion and violence. I've got so much wickedness and sin, No, it wont be long until your break, Because I'm evil - Bat for Lashes

WOW those are great!!!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Are you all really so taken by the doodles and notes? I get them from several retailers. Sure, it's a good customer service idea. So is smiling.

But I only buy from Goulet when the product is right (which I tend to research elsewhere from non-vendors) and the price beats what I can get elsewhere, including shipping. Once I know the product I want, I want it for the lowest price. I do not receive my items from Goulet quicker than elsewhere, except for my orders from Asia (everyone beats them). Thus far, when I have ordered from Goulet, I have gotten exactly what I ordered and have been satisfied. I have made about 15% (mostly Noodler's stuff) of my pen/ink purchases from them (I have only online purchasing options from where I live).

I have utilized and appreciated their live chat customer service. Much faster than their email response time.

WOW those are great!!!

yeah everytime I get an order where I request a doodle it adds to the anticipation. Although I think I will hold out on some of the more obscure things unless of course I am completing a larger purchase.

On another note I was hoping that I would be nearing the end of my wishlist on things like paper and ink but I keep seeing things and adding more.

You commit yourself to such a level where there is no compromise. You give everything you have, everything, absolutely everything. - Senna

I want to convey the fine line between passion and violence. I've got so much wickedness and sin, No, it wont be long until your break, Because I'm evil - Bat for Lashes

Are you all really so taken by the doodles and notes? I get them from several retailers. Sure, it's a good customer service idea. So is smiling.

But I only buy from Goulet when the product is right (which I tend to research elsewhere from non-vendors) and the price beats what I can get elsewhere, including shipping. Once I know the product I want, I want it for the lowest price. I do not receive my items from Goulet quicker than elsewhere, except for my orders from Asia (everyone beats them). Thus far, when I have ordered from Goulet, I have gotten exactly what I ordered and have been satisfied. I have made about 15% (mostly Noodler's stuff) of my pen/ink purchases from them (I have only online purchasing options from where I live).

I have utilized and appreciated their live chat customer service. Much faster than their email response time.

Actually I am taken back by their customer service because where I am at it is dead. And yes I could get things elsewhere for cheaper but I choose not to because I'd rather support a business that actually interacts with their customers in a generally polite manner. The doodles are a personal touch and show that they actually read their order comments section. I buy a lot of stuff online and I fill out the comments section and state things like, "I am willing to pay any excess shipping fee's email me to inform me what these are but bill me for them and don't let it hold up the package." And oddly enough I still get emails waiting for confirmation that I am okay with the excess shipping fee's. It tells me that the whole process is automated, and people are only there picking the order. I have ordered something before and had it take 4 months to ship while they had to pull in stuff from other locations to fill the order with 0 contact from the people in question even when I emailed them. It was only when I issued a chargeback that I got any response.

So when a company not only takes the time to read their order comments but is willing to let an employee spend the time adding their own personal touch just to make the customer happy yes it is sort of a big deal to me. That's how you get customer loyalty, and that's how you build a business on word of mouth.

Actually I am taken back by their customer service because where I am at it is dead. And yes I could get things elsewhere for cheaper but I choose not to because I'd rather support a business that actually interacts with their customers in a generally polite manner. The doodles are a personal touch and show that they actually read their order comments section. I buy a lot of stuff online and I fill out the comments section and state things like, "I am willing to pay any excess shipping fee's email me to inform me what these are but bill me for them and don't let it hold up the package." And oddly enough I still get emails waiting for confirmation that I am okay with the excess shipping fee's. It tells me that the whole process is automated, and people are only there picking the order. I have ordered something before and had it take 4 months to ship while they had to pull in stuff from other locations to fill the order with 0 contact from the people in question even when I emailed them. It was only when I issued a chargeback that I got any response.

So when a company not only takes the time to read their order comments but is willing to let an employee spend the time adding their own personal touch just to make the customer happy yes it is sort of a big deal to me. That's how you get customer loyalty, and that's how you build a business on word of mouth.

Are you talking about other fountain pen vendors? And you have waited four months? I am wondering whom you have ordered from. I can recommend several quick and responsive sellers (from my experience) if you feel that your requests are being neglected. None of them is a large seller; the responses are personal and quick. It's a competitive market; don't return to any vendor who is dissatisfying.

Are you talking about other fountain pen vendors? And you have waited four months? I am wondering whom you have ordered from. I can recommend several quick and responsive sellers (from my experience) if you feel that your requests are being neglected. None of them is a large seller; the responses are personal and quick. It's a competitive market; don't return to any vendor who is dissatisfying.

Naww making general statement about purchasing things online in general. Once burnt by an online retailer they never get my business again.

I love all the little touches Goulets adds to their packages. Their web site has great information, their team cares about what they're doing, and they seem to be genuinely nice people who want to do their best for their customers.

If prices are close, I go with GPC. That means I will - and have - pay a little extra, because those non-tangible things matter to me.

So far, the Goulets are the only ones to ship me Iroshizuku ink where the box wasn't mangled, for instance.

I admit, that when I price things out and there's a big difference in price, I will buy from elsewhere. I can't make myself be a pure GPC only customer... but for a lot of things, they're the place to go.

I do trust the Goulets to be selling only authorized, authentic stuff, too. I would never worry about fakes from them. I can't say that about all the vendors on-line.

I also really like sending curious people there; the Goulets have tons of great information, all sorts of useful, related products, and if I send a FP-curious person that way and they have a question, I know the Goulets will treat them right.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

I haven't ordered from them yet, as I'm waiting to build up samples to order so I don't miss any by accident. They're good with customers.

I've made about three orders so far from Goulet Pens. It's an interesting experience in how to create a successful niche business.

1. I get personalized notes on my invoices. That's kinda cool. If I send an email, they answer it.

2. You can watch Brian's video blogs and learn a lot or just enjoy his enthusiasm. It's a way of feeling connected to what he does and his passion for his work.

3. Their prices are fair, not necessarily the LOWEST on earth, but fair and shipping (in US) is reasonable.

4. They have a relatively wide supply and good supply of many inks and pens and accessories--only they run out of the hot items, as do many sellers.

5. They love what they do--that's infectious enthusiasm.

I'm now at the point that I tend to order my inks and even pens from Goulet. My last purchase was a TWSBI and I am so happy with it, I write every day in my office with this pen. And it's slightly more special because I got a nice note about the pen with my invoice. Are there other good pen stores? Yes, but the Goulets are doing a lot right to create a successful business with happy customers.

I've ordered from Goulet several times and always been quite satisfied. As someone who owns a small niche business himself, I agree with the post above that the Goulets are an excellent example of how to run such a business; their enthusiasm, professionalism, and effort all shine through.

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon

I too have ordered from them a few times and have been very satisfied. Also I had some questions about a nib replacement I wanted to do and so I sent them a message asking for help. Got a nice email back quickly with info on how to do the exhange I wanted and a video to watch demonstrating it. Did the nib swap and it worked wonderfully. These folks are a pleasure to deal with.

Of course,today I am miffed at them, because General of the Army came in stock, and since I can't read personal email while at work, it was sold out by the time I limped home and read the email. This will happen again when another "hot" ink color comes back in stock.

Same thing happened to me when J. Herbin 1670 Stormy Grey came out. I had the whole order ready to go but I got sidetracked by work. Darn, sold out.

Goulet Pens is a wonderful place to get fountain pen toys. I've used them many times over the last year, never had a problem, great packing, and little personal touches. They have made me a loyal return customer.

Edited by Baric

They're in a tough spit there. Take pre-orders for things they don't have and run out, never fulfilling someone's order, or have them miss things? I can understand why they choose not to promise what they can't deliver. Even if it's a bummer sometimes.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

• 1 month later...

I just made my first order with Goulet. I've been lusting after the Lamy Blue-Green Al-star that I got for my cousins, and decided that I just needed one for myself, too. I searched online and found a bunch on Amazon, but I've never ordered FPs online and was really wary (of what, I'm not sure...), but I stumbled onto the Goulet site ('Hey, I've heard of this Goulet company before....'), and they have it in a fine nib!

I'm really excited, especially after reading through this thread! :D

I have been buying from Goulet Pen Company off and on for the last year and a half, and their service has always been excellent. As others have said, I am afraid I do have to look at competitive pricing given my smaller budget, but whenever I can, I go Goulet.

I have a recent customer service story about them that doesn't include anything like a last minute add on to my order or a doodle request, but it shows the degree of care for their customers and their integrity, nonetheless!

I have been an Ink Drop subscriber for about 4-5 months now (Don't know what the Ink Drop is? Go here: http://www.gouletpens.com/ink-drop), and just three months into it, Brian Goulet announced they would have to temporarily suspend the Ink Drop while they redid their website and installed a new, linked fulfillment software. They took the Ink Drop down for more than a month, much longer than expected due to some bugs they had with their new systems. They finally did get the Ink Drop operational again on Dec. 1, and I re-upped my subscription a few days later.

When I got my Ink Drop order, they had DOUBLED the samples and gave me a "two-fer", sending me both a November and a December flight of samples for the modicum price of $10. They didn't need to do it, but out of their integrity they made up for some of the lost time with their customers at their own expense.

Needless to say I am impressed, and will be looking to make another order with them soon.